Split screen constraints

MentalMidnight

Suggestion

Split screen constraints

So, me and my mates love playing Ark, but we don't have seperate consoles and were room mates. All well, BUT, splitscreen area constraints are the worst thing iv'e seen in the game so far, why do we need them? whats the point because with these constraints, we don't get the freedom of the Ark world, without having player 1 to follow. Plus it causes so many issues like secret bases or getting water or food while taming a dinosaur/creature. I truly hope you guys look into this cause I see no point in it.

2 replies to this server topic

Because a single machine (particularly console) doesn't have the processing power to load in multiple areas of a map at once. That's literally thousands of animations, structures, calculating food and water loss, etc. It would fry the hardware. 

PC has a little more flexibility and adjustable tether because they have better hardware but Sony and Xbox have particular standards to ensure the safety of the machine (hence certification for patches). 

It won't change, even with a second console unless you're on an official or unofficial dedicated server (which you can set the second console to run but that's above my pay grade). 

Archived