Are phiomias good?

GigaSpino

3 hours ago, MirageUK said:

I would never even consider this thing as a battle mount but they are invaluable for farming - Phiomia + Dung Beetle + Stimberry spam = Fertilizer for life!!

I got a Dung Beatle once and immediately started drowning in fertilizer.  The compulsion to pick up every poop that one develops before they have such things is tough to kick.  How big is your farm? XD

Our farms are now fully automated with the "bots" in Structures Plus mod - Phiomia + Dung Beetle + Collector + Gardener + Farmer = HUGE farm with ZERO maintenance - once you got Tek generator placed and powered at least.  Some maintenance before you get Tek gen - Callien Soup, Honey, Propellant.

I dont have access to the game until I finish work but here's an example of small farm we previous had on Aberration before Structures Plus automation :)

greenhouse.jpg

21 hours ago, MirageUK said:

I would never even consider this thing as a battle mount but they are invaluable for farming - Phiomia + Dung Beetle + Stimberry spam = Fertilizer for life!!

Or a single toilet to rule them all!

Nice little greenhouse of yours btw. Have you considered stacking the crop plots to save on space?

44 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Or a single toilet to rule them all!

Nice little greenhouse of yours btw. Have you considered stacking the crop plots to save on space?

i was going to suggest the same.  My Valguero base has a small greenhouse (6x6) and I placed sloped roofs above the first set of crop plots and put plots on it to get a few more in there because its location doesn't allow the room for stacking which gave me 38 plots in the garden total, but my island base i built a 6x6 greenhouse and have the plots stacked 6 high, with a single spout watering each stack, this gave me 96 crop plots in that small 6x6 space and only 16 spouts watering them all.

Seems my website is down today - so can't see my greenhouse picture atm.  That was the top of a castle I built - with room to spare - so wasn't concerned about stacking plots for space saving.

I hope to get back into ARK again soon - just been a riddiculously busy year this year without a lot of time for gaming.  I will experiment with stacking and various build designs.  The Aberration greenhouse was within a month or Aberration release so quite an early build.

Archived