battleye Issues with Battleye

HiImZech

its something of windows thats making battleye do that apparently

if you start ark without battleye there's no problem but you won't be able to join battleye'd servers

random people have it...which makes me think what do we all have in common

is it VLC player?

is it RTX card?

steam itself maybe?

avast antivirus?

no one really knows until battleye or wc comes up with a definite solution.

we do know battleye has determined some 3rd party software to be a problem since they didn't change anything.

the question is...who? I suspect ark, since it broke around the same time as the update before fear evolved.

but...my other computer don't have the same issue while ark is installed.

My son's computer has started having problems with BattleEye.  It wants to install everytime he launches Ark.  BE says it has installed correctly, then restarts Ark and Ark reinstalls BE.  It's an endless loop.  It has worked in the past - he has hundreds of hours in Ark.

He is still able to connect to non-BE servers.

We've reinstalled BE manually "as administrator", scanned the HD for errors, validated Ark, etc, but can't get out of the installation loop.

8 hours ago, HiImZech said:

if you start ark without battleye there's no problem but you won't be able to join battleye'd servers

random people have it...which makes me think what do we all have in common

I'm guessing this isn't hardware or 3rd-party software linked.  I think the "in common" may be that we are all either trying to install on a fresh PC or after having uninstalled Battleye. 

I have two identical HP Omen Obelisks w/i7-8700 and RTX 2080... call 'em Box1 and Box2... bought a few weeks ago and still in initial config teardown/rebuild cycles.  Little or no 3rd party software on them when I'm trying to install Ark.

• Installed Ark on Box1, stock Windows install. No issues... Battleye setup showed once, and this install is still working.
  • Wiped Box2 on 10/18 and installed Win10 fresh (from USB installer, not "Reset")
  • Installed Ark on Box2 on 10/18.  No Issues... Battleye setup showed once, Ark launched, everything was good.  This install is still working.
  • Wiped Box1 on 10/24 and installed Win10 fresh (from USB installer, not "Reset")
  • Installed Ark on Box1.  Problem manifested.  Battleye install shows on every launch attempt, ShooterGame_BE.exe becomes active (seen in task manager) while the install dialogs are up, terminates immediately.  No BE service installed.
  • Wiped Box2 and installed Win10 fresh three more times.  Was convinced I was screwing something up or that some weirdness was carrying over via the UEFI, MS Reserved, or restore partitions, and wasn't convinced my diskpart efforts were properly wiping out all traces of the prior install.
  • Last try, I booted Ubuntu, wiped the install and ms reserved partitions with gparted and created a new install partition. I made zero changes to stock windows setup, allowed all updates to download, installed over the stock windows-downloaded Nvidia driver.
  • No differences in Ark/Battleye launch behavior in any tries.
  • Found this topic which convinced me that it wasn't something I had screwed up, refocused on getting this issue reported.

Box2's 10/18 install is still working with Battleye.

Box1 can only run without Battleye.  Changed my personal server to launch with -NoBattlEye option, and confirmed that Ark (without Battleye) runs just fine.

20 hours ago, Ganjasmoker said:

Wake up wildcard we cant install the game...problems with Battleye:S

I filed a bug report.  Thinking that might be the most effective way to call attention to this issue.  Also posting to this topic, just in case.

Ah, it joined with a deleted post? I could not find it before I replied other than google cache and did not see the other replies ?‍♂️
I don't play on official no, so I guess it's a workaround that at least worked for us on our unofficial cluster (BattlEye enabled) ?
I do hope they wake up and help you official guys out!

Edit: I can join, play and travel between officials after doing steps in my previous post.

15 hours ago, Ganjasmoker said:

if u set PrivacyBox to 0 u cant transfer on official server..this is not solution

i think this is only working if you dont play on official servers because this will turn battleeye off..

I don't know if that is true or not,  but I was able to join an official, play there and go to an obelisk and travel to another ?‍♂️

16 hours ago, Ganjasmoker said:

if u set PrivacyBox to 0 u cant transfer on official server..this is not solution

i think this is only working if you dont play on official servers because this will turn battleeye off..

how are you refuting something that others has proven to be a workaround to join official servers

20 hours ago, StevenB said:

I managed to get BattlEye to install after digging through the files a bit.
First I uninstalled BattlEye again, then edit this file: steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\BattlEye\BELauncher.ini

[Launcher]
GameID=ark
BasePort=7780
64BitExe=ShooterGame.exe
SilentInstall=1
PrivacyBox=0

SilentInstall was 0 and PrivacyBox was 2.
After you save the file, just start ARK 

Edit: apparently PrivacyBox=0 will not work on official servers, did work on our unofficial cluster (BattlEye Enabled) tho.

Edit2: I can join, play and travel between officials after doing above steps ?‍♂️

have you tried switching it back to the default after its let you launch ark to see if it reverts back to what it had been doing previously?

[Launcher]
GameID=ark
BasePort=7780
64BitExe=ShooterGame.exe
SilentInstall=0
PrivacyBox=2

Mine on both machines Is set to the following and still playing okay.  On one, as stated before, I had to reinstall battleye, gave the instructions on a previous post.

Also, on your clean install of windows, are you downloading the windows updates before attempting to install ark?  I'm wondering if its something that's being updated on your windows install that may be causing the issue, i.e. with the firewall perhaps? being that people are saying this is only happening with clean setups, it makes me wonder if perhaps something is getting set by default to the windows firewall/defender that doesn't get changed in existing installs.

mind you im only addressing battleye not allowing ark to run, not the random closing of applications, as I believe these are two independent problems.

11 hours ago, HiImZech said:

how are you refuting something that others has proven to be a workaround to join official servers

it doesn't work for me man...i can join on my SE55 server but every 2 mins i get Time Out error and when I try to transfer same... Time out. ok understand? i have 4k hours on Official ARK and I never had this problem before...

and I never said I can't join..read better

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

Also, on your clean install of windows, are you downloading the windows updates before attempting to install ark?  I'm wondering if its something that's being updated on your windows install that may be causing the issue, i.e. with the firewall perhaps? being that people are saying this is only happening with clean setups, it makes me wonder if perhaps something is getting set by default to the windows firewall/defender that doesn't get changed in existing installs.

mind you im only addressing battleye not allowing ark to run, not the random closing of applications, as I believe these are two independent problems.

I am not the OP so I can't answer that :P
I have not done any reinstall of anything other than fixing BattlEye, but I can try and change the ini back and see what happens ?

Edit: that caused this message again "16:04:53: Failed to open privacy text.", but setting it back to 0 allows me to play on official so ?‍♂️

8 minutes ago, StevenB said:

I am not the OP so I can't answer that :P
I have not done any reinstall of anything other than fixing BattlEye, but I can try and change the ini back and see what happens ?

Edit: that caused this message again "16:04:53: Failed to open privacy text.", but setting it back to 0 allows me to play on official so ?‍♂️

weird... that's gotta be something directly related with battleye itself then one would think. It would be better if devs could include more information with errors like this one, i.e. a actual error code for you to report or trace for a issue, or a 'path' to the privacy text its attempting to load but fails.

22 hours ago, StevenB said:

I managed to get BattlEye to install after digging through the files a bit.
First I uninstalled BattlEye again, then edit this file: steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\BattlEye\BELauncher.ini

[Launcher]
GameID=ark
BasePort=7780
64BitExe=ShooterGame.exe
SilentInstall=1
PrivacyBox=0

SilentInstall was 0 and PrivacyBox was 2.
After you save the file, just start ARK 

Edit: apparently PrivacyBox=0 will not work on official servers, did work on our unofficial cluster (BattlEye Enabled) tho.

Edit2: I can join, play and travel between officials after doing above steps ?‍♂️

Signal boosting:  This worked for me.  BattlEye Service gets installed (see in Services app), I am able to run Ark normally and join officials. 

On 10/28/2019 at 9:58 PM, Ganjasmoker said:

it doesn't work for me man...i can join on my SE55 server but every 2 mins i get Time Out error and when I try to transfer same... Time out. ok understand? i have 4k hours on Official ARK and I never had this problem before...

and I never said I can't join..read better

never knew how having 4k hours or 20k hours in ark can have an effect on understanding how battleye works vs how congested network

ark servers were having networking issues kicking people out randomly. everyone on my server is affected. we were even thinking its the new guys on the server trying to dupe stuff again

if battleye detects an error with your pc it will not even allow you to join. just start the game without battleye and visit the official server to see what I mean

On 10/28/2019 at 11:42 PM, WithACoconut said:

Signal boosting:  This worked for me.  BattlEye Service gets installed (see in Services app), I am able to run Ark normally and join officials. 

yea but is it closing a ton of legitimate stuff for you tho?

welp. can't delete post. waiting for my warning then.

don't even understand why did I come back here to try help people with their battleye I should just stick to reddit

fix found

DISABLE GLOBAL ULTRA LOW LATENCY MODE in NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, restart PC

enable ultra low latency mode for ark only if you wish

• 1 month later...

I seemed to have found a solution for this problem, if it works for you i don't know but maybe worth the shot.

When on my server (Nitrado servers) go to mods + workshop, so the mistake a made was activating a mod ID on (Total Conversion Mod ID) instead of Active Mods (IDs) , if you put the Id on the first one, the mod will still activate so seems like everything is right, but once i changed this and restart the server everything was working fine.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I was playing ARK yesterday in an unofficial server and then logged out. Today I tried to open a official server and during load of server game closed and a battleye launcher window opened. I installed it and then run the game again but every time it begins to load the server then kicks out to Windows. Do anybody have this problem or can anybody help me fix it.

• 5 months later...

so I have over 16,000 hours on official ark, I avoid cheaters like the plague, but I been playing on unofficial most of this year because a bunch of friends wanted to do a modded server.   now the server is coming to a close and I try to get back into the official servers again. but on every single battleye server I get a connection timeout.   I also got the same connection timeout on all atlas servers.   all the modded were regular mods from the steam workshop.  other games like h1z1, dayz, survariumn that use battleye all work find.  I see no ban notice anywhere and never had a ban on steam.   Anyone know what is going on.

Connection Timeout on EVERY Battleye Server

So I have over 16,000 hours on official ark, I avoid cheaters like the plague, but I been playing on unofficial most of this year because a bunch of friends wanted to do a modded server.   Now the server is coming to a close and I'm trying to get back into the official servers again. but on every single battleye server I get a connection timeout. I also got the same connection timeout on all atlas servers. all the modded were regular mods from the steam workshop. other games like h1z1, dayz, survariumn that use battleye all work find.  I see no ban notice anywhere and never had a ban on steam.   Anyone know what is going on.   I can connect to any server that does not have battleye.

On every single server be it official or unofficial or hosted non-dedicated by a friend across town I have yet to be able to connect to any battleye server.
The game runs fine in single player, however every time I try to connect it fails with connection timeout message after 30 seconds about.
I have reinstalled several times, re-validated the files many times and only a few time TWO files did not validate but they seemed to be very tiny files.
I do not have any antivirus program running and I have checked in taskmanager and even made sure the windows crap antivirus stuff is off.
When I get a loading screen the loading bar gets about to the "BP" of PrimalGameData_BP stops for a minute before popping the connection timeout message.
I have done scans with ccleaner and virus programs that all come back clean.
I did a tracert to various servers and compared that other ppls tracert and the results are the same.
I added -log to the launch options and add +connect as well neither had much change and the log was the same as everyone elses.
I Restarted the internet router and cleared any caches I could.
I temporally turned off all firewalls, virus software, and put my machine on the DMZ in the router.

I have a bunch of friends that play this game and I bought it to play with them, but recently the game has been unable to be properly played except in single player.
Given the game basically is designed for multiplayer at its core this make the game nearly useless. The server ping range from 40-160. Here are my pc specs for reference.Tower AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8 cores 3200Mhz CPU, Sapphire SE Radeon 8gb RX 580, X470 Aorus Gaming 5 MoBo, G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200 Memory, Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M2 SSD, WD Blue m2 SSD

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Issues with Battleye

Archived