battleye Issues with Battleye

HiImZech

fix: DISABLE GLOBAL ULTRA LOW LATENCY MODE in NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, restart PC

enable ultra low latency mode for ark only if you wish

when you start the game from steam there a few options. uninstalling battleye works. if you attempt to start the game with battleye it will prompt you to install battleye.

however, nothing will happen after you click install. if you start the game with battleye you will go through the same issue again and again until you go to battleye's folder and install it manually.

battleye now adds a service to windows services but it DOES NOTHING.

after installing battleye this way if you attempt to start ark with battleye it will fail with the error "failure to get privacy text".

you have to edit BELauncher.ini in the battleye folder to set privacy text from 2 (its binary. there is no 2 in binary) to 0.

there is a privacy text actually, complete with wc's edits on it. but setting it to 1 (turn it on) does nothing as well I tried.

this has nothing to do with the battleye problem, just something you should know and something wc needs to fix.

finally...onto the real battleye issue. currently some 3rd party stuff sitting in your computer is making battleye close legitimate software on your desktop, including explorer.exe and OBS.

some other stuff that battleye is closing as it boots ark:

razer's synapse ❤️  min liang ❤️ toasters

nvidia's geforce experience

apple's itunes

kakaotalk

wechat

dropbox

microsoft's anything from microsoft office

realtek HD audio

basically...pissing on everybody

battleye has clarified in their FAQ they didn't tweak anything

this same issue is happening across various games that uses battleye, though we are not sure if other games running battleye will encounter the same issue on 1 game but not the other

we can band together and share what common software have we installed on our computer that might have turn battleye rogue.

origins

msi afterburner

gog galaxy

skype for business (not the same as skype it seems)

7zip

java

if your stuck in the battleye install loop for ark, you can validate ark to repair it.

Things that are working properly for me from your list:

• Streamlabs OBS works fine with battleye, doesn't get closed.
  • Realtek HD Audio works fine as well and isn't getting closed out by battleye,  this is what my pc has.
  • GeForce Experience - not really a big thing if it did close it out, but its not closing that out either on my pc.
  • Microsoft Word doesn't seem to be getting closed out by battleye either for me.

perhaps it has something to do with your battleye edit?

When I was stuck in the battleye loop, I uninstalled it, manually removed the folders from the two locations, then validated ark, and it installed properly. This was awhile ago, that I had the issues.

5 hours ago, HiImZech said:

finally...battleye recently got tweaked by somebody to close explorer.exe. its your desktop. battleye closes your desktop as you take off into the virtual world.

[snip]

if battleye isn't doing this to you please share with us your secret

If your copy of battleye is closing down programs there is something wrong with your installation (possibly as a result of you tweaking it), shutting down normal, safe programs is not a function of battleye.

As I type this, I'm running ARK, opened with Battleye, and I have dropbox, realtek HD audio, MS Excel and multiple explorer windows all open on my computer, Battleye didn't shut down any of them.

Help with Battleye

I am just getting ARK downloaded on my new PC and I get through the download. I go to launch and I get the battleye installer, after hitting install I get no activity. So I go into the battleye folders and do a manual install. I get through that and go to launch again. But this time I get an error.(Attached) I have tried reinstalling, verifying steam cache, I've tried all the basic fixes. Anyone know how to get around this?

Ark error.png

On 10/23/2019 at 11:13 PM, caleb68 said:

if your stuck in the battleye install loop for ark, you can validate ark to repair it.

Things that are working properly for me from your list:

• Streamlabs OBS works fine with battleye, doesn't get closed.
  • Realtek HD Audio works fine as well and isn't getting closed out by battleye,  this is what my pc has.
  • GeForce Experience - not really a big thing if it did close it out, but its not closing that out either on my pc.
  • Microsoft Word doesn't seem to be getting closed out by battleye either for me.

perhaps it has something to do with your battleye edit?

When I was stuck in the battleye loop, I uninstalled it, manually removed the folders from the two locations, then validated ark, and it installed properly. This was awhile ago, that I had the issues.

no I didn't start touching it until I discovered my battleye is doing something like that to me

reinstalling ark now. hope this doesn't happen anymore

nope. reinstalling ark didn't work. I even threw out the old folder before reinstalling.

why is this a thing now

18 hours ago, Thorium said:

I don't know what you did to your BattlEye installation, but it does not do anything of the things you describe.

it was out of nowhere battleye started to do things like that.

and I'm not the only one. apparently there are issues with other game's battleye out of a sudden and no one knows why

Any updates since you posted this? A fix? I've had this problem and my husband is having the same on his computer. Reinstalled on there and did the edit (privacy=0) to the .ini like was mentioned and that made his work, but that same fix did not work on my laptop. And I don't have anything yet to have even modified. It's a brand new alienware and I downloaded the game all of 5 minutes ago and it wouldn't even let me open the game, freshly downloaded, the first time ever.

make sure you've removed all instances of battleye, ark isn't the only game that uses the battleye service.

firstly go to your control panel and into programs and features, check and see if there is a 'battleye' listed in there, if so, uinstall it.

next check the folder  \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Win64\Battle eye

if that folder still exists, run a command prompt as administrator and go to that folder in the command prompt, then execute the following command:

sc delete BEService

Next navigate to your steam folder and then into steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 and delete the Battleye folder.

After doing that, relaunching ark will request it to reinstall the battleye portion for it.

battleye can be a problem to uinstall as ark isn't the only game that uses it, and you can end up with portions of it in different spots of your pc, making it difficult to completely uninstall, if you continue having issues with battleye i'd suggest contacting them to get it resolved, or post in their forums to see if some users can help aid you in getting it functioning properly for you again.

17 hours ago, caleb68 said:

make sure you've removed all instances of battleye, ark isn't the only game that uses the battleye service.

firstly go to your control panel and into programs and features, check and see if there is a 'battleye' listed in there, if so, uinstall it.

next check the folder  \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Win64\Battle eye

if that folder still exists, run a command prompt as administrator and go to that folder in the command prompt, then execute the following command:

sc delete BEService

Next navigate to your steam folder and then into steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64 and delete the Battleye folder.

After doing that, relaunching ark will request it to reinstall the battleye portion for it.

battleye can be a problem to uinstall as ark isn't the only game that uses it, and you can end up with portions of it in different spots of your pc, making it difficult to completely uninstall, if you continue having issues with battleye i'd suggest contacting them to get it resolved, or post in their forums to see if some users can help aid you in getting it functioning properly for you again.

tried.

failed.

what else can I do next please

https://www.battleye.com/support/faq/

When starting my game with BattlEye enabled, random legitimate applications on my system are being terminated.

Recently several Windows 10 users have started experiencing this issue without a change on our side. We have investigated the issue and also reached out to Microsoft regarding potential changes in the latest Windows 10 versions and so far concluded that it’s related to some unknown (potentially low-level) third-party software running on the user’s system. Therefore the only thing we can currently suggest is to close any unnecessary applications while using BattlEye and if that doesn’t help perform a clean reinstall of Windows.

On 10/23/2019 at 6:58 AM, HiImZech said:

... if you attempt to start the game with battleye it will prompt you to install battleye.

however, nothing will happen after you click install.

On 10/24/2019 at 5:35 PM, HashtagDisenchanted said:

... It's a brand new alienware and I downloaded the game all of 5 minutes ago and it wouldn't even let me open the game, freshly downloaded, the first time ever.

Thank you for sharing your experience, this has been driving me nuts for a couple of days.  I don't think this is something that can be fixed by an end user.

Launching a fresh Steam installation of ARK fails to install Battleye and start ARK on a fresh install of Win 10 home on a brand new PC.

This is a new problem; I successfully installed ARK on two new PCs about a week ago.  (I actually successfully installed ARK on this PC a week ago.  I reinstalled Win 10 on this PC after trying and returning an Oculus Rift S because I wanted a clean slate.)

Steps To Replicate:

1. I install the latest Windows 10 from a usb stick created by the MS image creator utility, created on 10/18/2016.
  2. I allow all updates to download and install.
  3. I download (or copy from another PC) ARK and hit Play.
  4. I see the "Battleye Launcher" prompt and hit 'Install'.
  5. I see the EULA and hit "I Accept"
  6. Steam library listing for "Ark: Survival Evolved" shows " - Running" for less than a second, then " - Synching"
  7. Nothing else happens.

Troubleshooting Notes:

My already-installed ARKs continue to work correctly on Battleye servers.  This is only affecting a new install.

I have reinstalled Win10 Home four times with full partition delete and format, downloaded the entire ARK twice, copied from ARK from other (working) PCs twice. 

The only other game I own that uses Battleye is Conan Exiles, which is not present on this PC. 

My fresh install of ARK launches fine without Battleye.  (Haven't tried to join a non-BE server yet.)

A few days ago, ARK successfully installed on an identical PC with a fresh Win10 install from the same Win10 USB stick. 

I have tried many variants of troubleshooting and forced install listed here and elsewhere to try to get it working (run steam as admin, launch ShooterGame_BE.exe directly and launch Install_BattlEye.bat directly both as admin and non-admin user.  BE service never gets installed, and ARK never launches.)

I suspect something went wrong with the Battleye install process in the latest update.  Posting my experiences here (to hopefully assist others who may be going nuts with this) and opening a ticket.

I managed to get BattlEye to install after digging through the files a bit.
First I uninstalled BattlEye again, then edit this file: steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\BattlEye\BELauncher.ini

[Launcher]
GameID=ark
BasePort=7780
64BitExe=ShooterGame.exe
SilentInstall=1
PrivacyBox=0

SilentInstall was 0 and PrivacyBox was 2.
After you save the file, just start ARK 

Edit: apparently PrivacyBox=0 will not work on official servers, did work on our unofficial cluster (BattlEye Enabled) tho.

Edit2: I can join, play and travel between officials after doing above steps ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, StevenB said:

I managed to get BattlEye to install after digging through the files a bit.
First I uninstalled BattlEye again, then edit this file: steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\BattlEye\BELauncher.ini

[Launcher]
GameID=ark
BasePort=7780
64BitExe=ShooterGame.exe
SilentInstall=1
PrivacyBox=0

SilentInstall was 0 and PrivacyBox was 2.
After you save the file, just start ARK 

if u set PrivacyBox to 0 u cant transfer on official server..this is not solution

i think this is only working if you dont play on official servers because this will turn battleeye off..

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Issues with Battleye

Archived