Blocking Terminals in pvp official

ILoveArkxoxox

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

I as well would like to see the devs consider this issue and state one way or the other what it should be. One of the coolest parts of Ark is the ability to move from map to map. Trapping players who might not have the tools to escape defeats this feature. imo that is.

Building on obs and blocking in loot drops and blocking off caves has always been a feature on PvP. Controlling multiple servers is a goal for some tribes and that's one of the most efficient ways. It's fair game in PvP because anybody can destroy a structure with the right equipment.

They made blocking/trapping player spawn points illegal because that doesn't give a player a chance to survive. 

So get some C4 or in the case of Extinction lay some sleeping bags and kite corrupted dinos to those structures. They'll clear it up for you.

18 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Building on obs and blocking in loot drops and blocking off caves has always been a feature on PvP. Controlling multiple servers is a goal for some tribes and that's one of the most efficient ways. It's fair game in PvP because anybody can destroy a structure with the right equipment.

They made blocking/trapping player spawn points illegal because that doesn't give a player a chance to survive. 

So get some C4 or in the case of Extinction lay some sleeping bags and kite corrupted dinos to those structures. They'll clear it up for you.

If we want to be technical about it, the city terminals in the stadium in sanctuary east along with most other terminals through out the city are possible spawn locations. So spike walls and / or turrets are technically not allowed to be on spawn areas.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/#

Griefing

Spawn Blocking

• Using spikes/spike walls at player spawn locations

• Turrets located on or near spawn points

25 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

If we want to be technical about it, the city terminals in the stadium in sanctuary east along with most other terminals through out the city are possible spawn locations. So spike walls and / or turrets are technically not allowed to be on spawn areas.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/#

Griefing

Spawn Blocking

• Using spikes/spike walls at player spawn locations

• Turrets located on or near spawn points

I've never spawned right next to a terminal. If you have spawned in to an area which blocks you in with spiked walls or fixed turrets that kill you immediately, report it.

Spikes near or turrets near is not the same thing. They have to actively be blocking you access into the map or trapping your character.

17 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I've never spawned right next to a terminal. If you have spawned in to an area which blocks you in with spiked walls or fixed turrets that kill you immediately, report it.

Spikes near or turrets near is not the same thing. They have to actively be blocking you access into the map or trapping your character.

I have and that spot is right next to the city terminal in the stadium on sanctuary east. And that means the spikes are right on top of the spawn location. I did report it. And will continue to do so.

• 4 months later...

Archived