Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

WildWyvern

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

information release about genesis?

I know there is a (supposingly) a definitive release date of genesis DLC itself, however:

When will information about genesis be released? (creature& resources distribution, creature data, environment description…….)

When will official genesis server be released?

Are they all on the same day?

On 2/2/2020 at 6:29 PM, nameless said:

information release about genesis?

I know there is a (supposingly) a definitive release date of genesis DLC itself, however:

When will information about genesis be released? (creature& resources distribution, creature data, environment description…….)

When will official genesis server be released?

Are they all on the same day?

they said Feb 25 (?)  on all platforms will believe it when i see it

• 2 weeks later...

i mean the dlc was originally supposed to launch in december and it seems like they also only had teasers planned until that point, so it makes kinda sense that there isn't a lot of new stuff, although i really wish we could get some more teaser pics, even if it's of stuff we  already know, for example like the images we got when they announced the delay.

As for the main theme, iirc the extinction theme went out a week before the launch, so maybe we're getting the theme next thursday ( atleast i hope we do ). Until then enjoy the second theme of the genesis countdown which kinda sounds like a main theme: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-353dgoP-i6oG_klLjdLMvagYw7rGMqh

To finish it off, i think them being quiet is because they don't want to generate false hype, like imagining everything going smoothly, they give us some more samples .... and then some really game-breaking bug appears at the last second and they would have to delay it some more ( although, as i said, more teasers still would be nice)

6 hours ago, slejo said:

10 days to Genesis launch?

- no news

- no hype

- no main theme sample

- no gameplay samples

- no dev streams with faqs

- no map info

- quiet!

All these things are GREAT, personally.  I want Genesis content to actually have surprises!  It isn't going to help anyone get out in front of any issues that will exist (or that they will have) with the content, it will only spoil it so it is less new and doesn't feel as exciting.

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

All these things are GREAT, personally.  I want Genesis content to actually have surprises!  It isn't going to help anyone get out in front of any issues that will exist (or that they will have) with the content, it will only spoil it so it is less new and doesn't feel as exciting.

They could easily do a few small 10 second snippets of gameplay or map overview just to give us a new glimpse into what we're paying 35 dollars for without spoiling anything. Or maybe a community crunch that actually says something about the product they took preorders for back in December.

2 hours ago, VeeTea said:

What? You don't want a surprise going into this new map? ?

this is actually a really bad problem, on the one hand i want to see everything ingame myself for the first time, but on the other hand after half a year of waiting i just wanna see everything, i'm still torn over the decision of maybe first playing the map when it comes out or just going spectator mode and checking everything out there will be ( including the last boss + cutscene because i will get spoilered really easy )

2 minutes ago, GP said:

I don't want any spoilers! I want to explore the map as an explorer should.

yeah true, i think i'm gonna go for a compromiss when genesis comes out, checking out the boss because otherwise a friend will spoiler me sooner or later, and i would rather experience that for myself, but then exploring the map and the rest of everything in a natural way

I don't want any spoilers except for just one thing...

I absolutely need to know if there is any grass at the area of (59.1, 85.7) to (59.2, 85.8) and, if there is grass there, what the average height of the grass there is.

If I don't get this information, I'm gonna have to cancel my plans to buy 5734 copies of the genesis pass. I don't think anyone else here realizes just how important this information is.

I'm kinda torn myself. On the one hand, I like the idea of going into a new map semi-blind, and discovering what it is as I go along- to have a mostly fresh experience, and learning how it works organically! And there are certain things that I don't want spoiled at all- particularly bosses, ascensions etc- Progression stuff, I want to discover as I, well, progress. But then again- I also want to know what I'm buying, and I'm excited and want to see what Gen has! :D

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

Archived