Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

WildWyvern

On 1/9/2020 at 11:20 AM, TheSlayerNL said:

For now I have doubts about their QA Testing, considering the amount of oversights upon release of Extinction.

- Able to fly in caves.

- Able to Tame High Level Cave Creatures

- +5 degrees in Snow Biome?

To name a few obvious things that should not have been in Extinction's Release.

QA? What QA? They often have to release a patch for a patch, because the initial patch was more detrimental to the user experience then the previous version. Basically they often brake more things then they should fix...  So no, IMO, there is no QA...

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any News for the Genesis Release Date???

So for some random reason this isn't letting me post this on the genesis forum, so I'ma post it here for a dev to move it.

But does anyone have any knowledge to a specific date to the genesis release date? It's already been more than halfway through January and I still haven't heard or seen anything about it other than being in late January. Would be a complete bummer if it somehow got delayed again, would definitely snuff out many people's hype away.

I have been excited for this new DLC to come out since at least 3 months now! At the moment there is no event going on, so they should be focused on getting Genesis out there right? 

52 minutes ago, TypicalArkGamer said:

So for some random reason this isn't letting me post this on the genesis forum, so I'ma post it here for a dev to move it.

But does anyone have any knowledge to a specific date to the genesis release date? It's already been more than halfway through January and I still haven't heard or seen anything about it other than being in late January. Would be a complete bummer if it somehow got delayed again, would definitely snuff out many people's hype away.

I have been excited for this new DLC to come out since at least 3 months now! At the moment there is no event going on, so they should be focused on getting Genesis out there right? 

It hasn't been announced on the forums, but some personal dev twitters have been commenting on genesis being released soon as well as some more mesh patches. The dev will remain anonymous (out of their consideration). However QA is still going on (there are 5 devs on their QA server atm). 

1 hour ago, TypicalArkGamer said:

Ummm, why did my topic get moved from the general ark section into another feed as a reply instead as it's own topic here in the genesis forum?

Release Now?

May as well release it and add the BUG forum to Genesis. Regardless of if it’s released now or who knows when it’s going to contain bugs and hopefully Ark has a crew dedicated to fixing them unlike the prior releases which still contain a crap load of bugs no one is bothering to fix.

We pay for something with a release date and you push it out and don’t give us a new date? That’s garbage, other game developers hit their release date on time even if they have to work late hours. You ask us for feedback and what we want to see in events and such, well here you have it, we want you to keep in contact with the community, release when you say you will, and fix the bugs that come out of the release. Flipping a Boolean value to enable an event that’s been enabled in the past and hoping we get distracted is trash.

• Vape123 changed the title to Genesis Release date
3 hours ago, Sikaflex said:

Flipping a Boolean value to enable an event that’s been enabled in the past and hoping we get distracted is trash.

They actually added a fair bit of new stuff to this event with the chibis. 

May as well release it and add the BUG forum to Genesis. Regardless of if it’s released now or who knows when it’s going to contain bugs and hopefully Ark has a crew dedicated to fixing them unlike the prior releases which still contain a crap load of bugs no one is bothering to fix.

I'd rather something playable than something rushed, messy, and so buggy that it can't be played. If WC needs more time to get it into a good shape- I'm glad that they're taking the time to actually make sure Genesis is in a good state. Also keep in mind that 'first impressions' are important. When it comes out, people will review it, which will influence whether or not other people buy it. If they release a buggy unfinished mess, people will review it as a buggy unfinished mess, and then no one's gunna wanna buy it.

We pay for something with a release date and you push it out and don’t give us a new date? That’s garbage, other game developers hit their release date on time even if they have to work late hours.

As has already been mentioned, plenty of games delay release. Yeah it sucks, but i'm glad that the time is being taken to make the game as good as it can be. And this is what comes with pre-ordering. Release dates are always predictions. Always. If you buy something that's just got a prediction for release, exactly this is what you sign up for. Part of the reason I don't like pre-ordering myself.

1 hour ago, TheEclipseee said:

They actually added a fair bit of new stuff to this event with the chibis. 

I'd rather something playable than something rushed, messy, and so buggy that it can't be played. If WC needs more time to get it into a good shape- I'm glad that they're taking the time to actually make sure Genesis is in a good state. Also keep in mind that 'first impressions' are important. When it comes out, people will review it, which will influence whether or not other people buy it. If they release a buggy unfinished mess, people will review it as a buggy unfinished mess, and then no one's gunna wanna buy it.

As has already been mentioned, plenty of games delay release. Yeah it sucks, but i'm glad that the time is being taken to make the game as good as it can be. And this is what comes with pre-ordering. Release dates are always predictions. Always. If you buy something that's just got a prediction for release, exactly this is what you sign up for. Part of the reason I don't like pre-ordering myself.

Big whoop chibis, most of the time these events contain much of the same thing, colors, increased rates, same event dinos. They flip a freak number, a boolean, whatever, takes them a total of two minutes to do that crap. They added a little something eh great job? nah. 

In response to your playable rather than rushed, give me a break, they have had plenty of time to get something non-rushed together and working. It must be great to sit back, cause a bunch of hype with trailers etc, take the money and not deliver knowing people like you come on here time after time and forgive them for this crap saying "id rather have something playable than rushed". Listen no one is rushing them, they tell us about a release, toss us trailers etc, have us pay for it and then they don't deliver nor do they tell us anything about a tentative date, or simply let us know they are close. We are tired of this, nuff said.

A prediction for a release? Wow bro, let us all look around and point a finger to someone else and say "they do it, why can't I", release dates SHOULDN'T be predictions or else they would be called that. I know of PLENTY of games who set a date and they work overtime to HIT that date. Keep mentioning the fact you would rather something playable and I am going to find a trash can to puke in, seriously, every release we hear this excuse.

8 hours ago, Sikaflex said:

Big whoop chibis, most of the time these events contain much of the same thing, colors, increased rates, same event dinos. They flip a freak number, a boolean, whatever, takes them a total of two minutes to do that crap. They added a little something eh great job? nah. 

In response to your playable rather than rushed, give me a break, they have had plenty of time to get something non-rushed together and working. It must be great to sit back, cause a bunch of hype with trailers etc, take the money and not deliver knowing people like you come on here time after time and forgive them for this crap saying "id rather have something playable than rushed". Listen no one is rushing them, they tell us about a release, toss us trailers etc, have us pay for it and then they don't deliver nor do they tell us anything about a tentative date, or simply let us know they are close. We are tired of this, nuff said.

A prediction for a release? Wow bro, let us all look around and point a finger to someone else and say "they do it, why can't I", release dates SHOULDN'T be predictions or else they would be called that. I know of PLENTY of games who set a date and they work overtime to HIT that date. Keep mentioning the fact you would rather something playable and I am going to find a trash can to puke in, seriously, every release we hear this excuse.

It's easy to say 'they had plenty of time to do it' when you're not the person coding it. Maybe they hit some problems with engine limitations or something. Maybe there was some form of data loss. Maybe there was just a particularly ambitious bit of code that turned out to be way more tricky than anticipated. Unforeseen stuff happens, and causes delays.

' Listen no one is rushing them,' See thread title. [EDIT: Since the thread was merged, for context's sake, it was 'Release Now?']

'people like you come on here time after time and forgive them for this crap' Not necessarily forgive. It's unfortunate their prediction was wrong, yes, and it sucks that it's gunna be longer before it can be played. But if choosing between a longer delay or all the issues I've highlighted already? I'll take a delay.

'take the money' ' have us pay for it ' You gave em the money dude. It was your choice to give them money when there was no finished product to use. You would have gotten Genesis at the same time regardless of whether you bought it before or at release, but you chose to buy it before. It's your own fault you spent money and don't have the product to play yet. Predictions aren't always accurate. There are delays, there are changes in products, stuff happens when something hasn't yet been released. It's why I don't pre-order, exactly reasons like that. You did though, that's what you signed up for. That's the risk you take pre-ordering content, and the risk you should understand before pre-ordering anything. You chose to give them money despite those risks. They didn't 'take' money or 'have you pay'.

'and then they don't deliver nor do they tell us anything about a tentative date, or simply let us know they are close.' I do agree here, there probably should be some more communication about what they predict a new release date will be.

'release dates SHOULDN'T be predictions' Please show me your future vision! Sure, they can plan a date. They can say when they think it'll be ready. But there's a limit to foresight, and ultimately, the best anyone can do is plan and make an educated guess- to predict. And when stuff happens that people didn't account for, you get delays and the prediction was wrong. Simple as that.

'Keep mentioning the fact you would rather something playable and I am going to find a trash can to puke in, seriously, every release we hear this excuse.' Aight, I will. I understand that some people, evidently such as yourself, are happy to play something broken/ unfinished/ buggy so long as you have access to the content. I understand that. Hell, that's kinda the ARK experience. But consider it from a marketing perspective- If they release something unfinished, people will see it as unfinished. Reviews will be poor, stating that they've released an unfinished product... and are scamming money from people who are buying the release, expecting a finished product. And with those reviews, who's gunna want to buy something that's an unfinished mess? Leading to terrible sales. It's a bad decision from that perspective, even if there are some people that don't mind.

Will Likely be the end of February if they're taking legacy pvp and some legacy pve servers down on January 28th, and because of the Valentines event. That is unless they are skipping Valentines event for a mid February launch, which itself is a possibility as they gave us 2x breeding during winter wonderland event, and they did cancel Halloween for a couple years for new content launches, so anything is possible. Valentines event generally puts a crap load of strain on the servers to begin with, so I wouldn't put it past Wildcard to launch Genesis on February 14th (or thereabouts) and cancel Valentines, but if not then I'd expect a launch at the end of February.

7 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

It's easy to say 'they had plenty of time to do it' when you're not the person coding it. Maybe they hit some problems with engine limitations or something. Maybe there was some form of data loss. Maybe there was just a particularly ambitious bit of code that turned out to be way more tricky than anticipated. Unforseen stuff happens, and causes delays.

' Listen no one is rushing them,' See thread title.

'people like you come on here time after time and forgive them for this crap' Not necessarily forgive. It's unfortunate their prediction was wrong, yes, and it sucks that it's gunna be longer before it can be played. But if it's a longer delay or all the issues I've highlighted already? I'll take a delay.

'take the money' ' have us pay for it ' You gave em the money dude. It was your choice to give them money when there was no finished product to use. You would have gotten Genesis at the same time regardless of whether you bought it before or at release, but you chose to buy it before. It's your own fault you spent money and don't have the product to play yet. Predictions aren't always accurate. There are delays, there are changes in products, stuff happens when something hasn't yet been released. It's why I don't pre-order, exactly reasons like that. You did though, that's what you signed up for. That's the risk you take pre-ordering content, and the risk you should understand before pre-ordering content. You chose to give them money despite those risks.

'and then they don't deliver nor do they tell us anything about a tentative date, or simply let us know they are close.' I do agree here, there probably should be some more communication about what they predict a new release date will be.

'release dates SHOULDN'T be predictions' Please show me your future vision! Sure, they can plan a date. They can say when they think it'll be ready. But there's a limit to foresight, and ultimately, the best anyone can do is plan and make an educated guess- to predict. And when stuff happens that people didn't account for, you get delays and the prediction was wrong. Simple as that.

'Keep mentioning the fact you would rather something playable and I am going to find a trash can to puke in, seriously, every release we hear this excuse.' Aight, I will. I understand that some people, evidently such as yourself, are happy to play something broken/ unfinished/ buggy so long as you have access to the content. I understand that. Hell, that's kinda the ARK experience. But consider it from a marketing perspective- If they release something unfinished, people will see it as unfinished. Reviews will be poor, stating that they've released an unfinished product... and are scamming money from people who are buying the release, expecting a finished product. And with those reviews, who's gunna want to buy something that's an unfinished mess? Leading to terrible sales. It's a bad decision from that perspective, even if there are some people that don't mind.

Most of the community feels the way I do and don’t come on here to express it. I’m in development, we don’t all operate this way. One day maybe you will wake up. It’s nice though that they have some peon giving them the benefit of the doubt every time they repeat their antics. Great job!

1 hour ago, Sikaflex said:

Most of the community feels the way I do and don’t come on here to express it. I’m in development, we don’t all operate this way. One day maybe you will wake up. It’s nice though that they have some peon giving them the benefit of the doubt every time they repeat their antics. Great job!

I don't doubt that there are plenty of people are disappointed that it got delayed. I'm one of them. I was super hyped for all the new stuff, and was really looking forward to buying and playing it in December. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be disappointed by the delay. I'm just saying why releasing something unfinished is a bad idea, and why it's better for WC to delay it and wait till it's ready. Because yes, it sucks it was delayed, but releasing it before it's considered finished is probably worse. 

29 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

I don't doubt that there are plenty of people are disappointed that it got delayed. I'm one of them. I was super hyped for all the new stuff, and was really looking forward to buying and playing it in December. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be disappointed by the delay. I'm just saying why releasing something unfinished is a bad idea, and why it's better for WC to delay it and wait till it's ready. Because yes, it sucks it was delayed, but releasing it before it's considered finished is probably worse. 

One delay I can live with, its WC so a delay is expected, but if they delay it again I consider that unacceptable. I dont have to be in game development to understand a decent product should be delivered on the promised date or at least on the date of the initial delay just like I don't need to play in the NFL to expect my team to do better than 0-16 every year.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

Archived