Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

WildWyvern

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, killerbeeds said:

It sucks that wild card cant deliver what they have promised.  Yeah they take youre money  but for the rest nothing. every new DLC  has the same story.  shame on you wild card

They never promised anything. But best laid plans and all that.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking from a development background, delays are inevitable.  I've been programming for over 30 years, I've done everything from business applications to game engine work and client side development. In all my years, I've never, and I mean NEVER seen a project released that didn't eventually have something bug related come up. It's really a tough call when you are sitting in the big chair at the game studio as to if you delay or release and fix later.  Wildcard has been on the receiving end of angry, dissatisfied customers regarding bugs and issues and has also been under fire for delayed releases.  Let's face it, of the two decisions they have, there just isn't a good one. 

Ultimately, I blame the players and I'm not dis-including myself in that.  It's very easy to forget to look at the perspective of the game studio and to take responsibility for one's own impatience and lack of understanding on how these games get built, updated and released.  We're Gamers, and Gamers want their cake and to be able to eat it to, now, not later.  My suggestion to anyone getting antsy is to breathe, relax, try to remember that these things aren't exact, never are they perfect on release, and that there are professional people who do this for a living making the most educated and best decisions they can to ensure their products are released as smoothly as possible. 

We're all waiting on the Closed Beta, the release date, the new shiny objects we get to play with, the new map, the new dinosaurs, and the new mission system, it's Christmas every expansion and we're all that figurative kid sitting in front of a giant wrapped box just trembling with excitement at the thought of being able to rip back that wrapping paper and dig in. :)

3 hours ago, mogrot said:

i don't care if they launch it later.

As long as servers are ok and there are no mega bugs , i am totaly fine with them being later with genesis.

I totally agree with this. WC didn't give us 2 weeks until release and then delay it. They announced it being delayed months in advance.

Edit: Also I wouldn't expect people to get into the closed beta just for purchasing the season pass (that would be a lot of people in the closed beta and make things unfair for PvP when it releases. It'll probably be a invite to all the content creators like they did with Extinction.

Genesis being delayed has now 0 excuses to come out with underperforming servers, has 0 excuses to have MAYOR glitches, and has 0 excuses to come out with fewer servers than previews maps. They should know by now the average amount of players who play on launch! anything less than that is a failure. 

I hope this is release smoothly. Minor problems are always expected but god dammit most previews launches of dlc have been garbage lol

Accepting money for a product and or service with an agreed delivery date and not delivering is a breach of Australian Consumer law: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-delivery/non-delivery-of-products-services

Genesis was sold on Steam/Valve with an advertised delivery date of part One by December 2019. An undeniable fact.

I understand that because of the Non-Subscription service model that WildCard have employed provides minimal financial revenue to support the longevity of this game title and necessitates the sale of DLC to maintain viability.

What is lacking from Wildcard is an honest conversation with their clients to help manage expectations.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:41 PM, GP said:

They never promised anything. But best laid plans and all that.

It is not a promise; it is a legal binding contract in Australia. They advertised on steam a delivery date of December 2019 and took customers money.

Long term customers know the ability of Wildcard to NOT deliver a fit for purpose product on time. Many customers do not follow this website, just Steam and have not received any direct communication (e.g. Email) updating them of the new delivery date.

I myself (stupid trusting me) bought Genesis and took two weeks off work to play the new DLC then find out by chance on Steam that it had been delayed until January without any customer communication.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

Archived