Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

WildWyvern

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SMP said:

Launch with bugs, they complain.  Delay the launch, they complain.  Launch on time with no bugs, give 'em a day or two and they'll come up with something.

Fair enough but since every expansion  since official launch has launched both delayed and with bugs, think it's a valid complaint. 

If the push back would actually fix those easily found bugs (not like anybody needed to run 100 simulations to find Drakes that reverse under the map and fall through or element veins wiping out whole bases or wide open meshes in Ab, Extinction, and Val) then it would be more welcomed. Unfortunately, that's never been the case.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Fair enough but since every expansion  since official launch has launched both delayed and with bugs, think it's a valid complaint. 

If the push back would actually fix those easily found bugs (not like anybody needed to run 100 simulations to find Drakes that reverse under the map and fall through or element veins wiping out whole bases or wide open meshes in Ab, Extinction, and Val) then it would be more welcomed. Unfortunately, that's never been the case.

If those issues are easy to fix, what exactly do you suspect is their motivation behind not fixing them?  Or do you think they were competent enough to handle everything else Ark has going on but aren't capable of fixing a few "easy" problems?

20 minutes ago, SMP said:

If those issues are easy to fix, what exactly do you suspect is their motivation behind not fixing them?  Or do you think they were competent enough to handle everything else Ark has going on but aren't capable of fixing a few "easy" problems?

Didn't say easy to fix. Said easy to find. No idea why they didn't. Maybe because they don't have test servers for their patches. 

If they do have test servers for their patches then can you explain how they missed them? Incompetence (I hope not). If that's not the answer then it is just laziness which might be worse. 

You can't tell me they did proper testing and left those glaring issues in. 

35 minutes ago, SMP said:

Lets take a prime example of a bug that should of been caught before the patch was released if proper testing would of been done.  Proper testing being testing it not only on the island map, but all maps they provide.   The over spawning of Wyvern on Ragnarok, The over spawning of Raptors on Valguero, The Firewyverns spawning on Ragnarok, Valguero, and Extinction where they shouldn't of been, rather undead wyvern.  These are all things that could of been caught on the Fear Evolved 3 patch that weren't.  This shows that they didn't look at all the things their changes effected, rather only some.

However - The Delay of Genesis, I would rather have that and them test things more and make sure that there aren't any game breaking bugs, like the ones that the Fear Evolved 3 Brought to us, and that it is playable, and enjoyable on release. Perhaps this is showing that they are trying to prevent more issues from arising, or it could be that they just didn't have a proper timeframe set in the first place for the workload of Genesis.  Hopefully its the latter.

20 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Didn't say easy to fix. Said easy to find. No idea why they didn't. Maybe because they don't have test servers for their patches. 

If they do have test servers for their patches then can you explain how they missed them? Incompetence (I hope not). If that's not the answer then it is just laziness which might be worse. 

You can't tell me they did proper testing and left those glaring issues in. 

Scenario 1:  Found the bugs, couldn't recreate them consistently enough to form a solution

Scenario 2:  Found the bugs, tried a fix, something else broke.  Tried another fix, something else broke.  Boss and players are clamoring for release. Send it.

Scenario 3: Found the bugs, figured out a fix, gave the boss the estimate for implementing the fix, boss laughs.

Scenario 4:  Didn't find the bug because of a limited amount of hardware/software combos available for testing.  Bug reported, figured out a fix, gave the boss the estimate for implementing the fix, boss laughs.

Scenario 5:  "Bug" actually a feature devs took a month to develop.  Once a week the team has a meeting to review forum threads about the bug, everyone sits around twirling their mustaches and laughing.

1 minute ago, SMP said:

Scenario 5:  "Bug" actually a feature devs took a month to develop.  Once a week the team has a meeting to review forum threads about the bug, everyone sits around twirling their mustaches and laughing.

This I believe whole heartedly. 

So, good. There are reasons (Val had a huge mesh hole in their Ab section by one of the metal structures that should have been fixed prior to release, it was not hidden or anything) but you don't expect to find them so quickly in game after the things been pushed back already. The delay should be to fix the obvious bugs (which my few examples qualify I think) and then deal with the more unique and lengthy bugs after. 

If that doesn't happen, I think you have every right as a paying customer to kick up a little dust about it. Especially if it's a trend.

Beacons floating into the ground, creatures with no oxygen stat suffocating because of salmon, ragnarok still lagging... somehow we are out of early access, and yet the only thing that’s changed is the price tag.

literally every DLC they’ve launched gets delayed and ships with horrendous bugs no matter how long they delay it.  You know why that is, it’s because they don’t test their own damn game before they shovel the crap out.

The only positive of more DLC is that it means no more talks of ARK 2.  Because you know what the tired & poor codework that ark is needs, an ARK 2 paint job.  You know a sequel will literally be the same engine with the same base they will charge again for.

• 1 month later...
  • Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

Archived