Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

WildWyvern

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lostmymarbles said:

Thats if the actually release it onnfeb 25th 

i will believe it whenni see it actually download 

They have not done anything as of recently to make people believe it will be delayed again. They have done quite the opposite by putting up posts on the website and their Twitter affirming that genesis will be released in 5 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 47 seconds

On 2/19/2020 at 10:54 AM, VeeTea said:

They have not done anything as of recently to make people believe it will be delayed again. They have done quite the opposite by putting up posts on the website and their Twitter affirming that genesis will be released in 5 days, 23 hours, 5 minutes and 47 seconds

they can do all that and yet delay it once again  but until i see it actually downlooding on to my PC then i will believe it

But take the previous delays. There was just complete silence around them; here, we have news- we have a big poster on the front of the site, boasting the release date, and we have music. It does feel like they're trying to hype us all up, unlike the complete silence that surrounded the delays when there should have been pre-launch hyping. That's what they're doing now, so they must be confident of the date of the release.

5 hours ago, Lostmymarbles said:

they can do all that and yet delay it once again  but until i see it actually downlooding on to my PC then i will believe it

Go to their twitter. Better yet, go to Cedric's twitter. They have affirmed the release in so many different ways. You can choose to be in doubt all you want, but I know you will be on your PC in 4 days, 14 hours, 13 minutes, and 1 second just like all the rest of us that want to get into the map as soon as possible. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, dizzljoe said:

Do we know when exactly this unlocks? I want to take a day off to play it. Usually you see a kinda countdown on the store page but I see nothing atm. 

10am PST is the launch time. I'd advise though arranging a day off once the DLC is released so you know for certain.

One thing I find interesting is that in the early sneak peeks it looks like your survivor no longer has the arm implant. Then in the announcement above it says "Waking up inside a virtual simulation..." I always took the previous 'ARKs' to be a virtual simulation of sorts, but perhaps they were intended to be more real, and now we're getting more virtual? 

11 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

One thing I find interesting is that in the early sneak peeks it looks like your survivor no longer has the arm implant. Then in the announcement above it says "Waking up inside a virtual simulation..." I always took the previous 'ARKs' to be a virtual simulation of sorts, but perhaps they were intended to be more real, and now we're getting more virtual? 

lore wise the arks are real and they are space stations orbiting a dead earth

4 minutes ago, Fes said:

lore wise the arks are real and they are space stations orbiting a dead earth

Yea, except Extinction, which is based on the dead Earth, right? Still, I always took them to be more virtual, despite the lore, due to some subtle suggestions that all was not what it seemed to be. But perhaps that's just the developers trying to create a bit of an enigmatic essence. 

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Yea, except Extinction, which is based on the dead Earth, right? Still, I always took them to be more virtual, despite the lore, due to some subtle suggestions that all was not what it seemed to be. But perhaps that's just the developers trying to create a bit of an enigmatic essence. 

All physical. Take Aberration- If it was virtual, why would they allow people to completely destroy the ARK, rendering it incapable of completing it's mission? How could it be virtual if it's purpose was to rid the physical Earth of corruption? I think most of the 'all is not what it seemed to be' is explained in Ab as well, mainly being advanced technology and how the whole ecosystem is artificial. The devs actually said that because of Gen being a simulation (ie being virtual), that they could do things they couldn't do before. Implying that Gen as a simulation must be different by it's nature to the current ARKs.

As for the implant being gone, that's at the end of Extinction, when you Ascend to Homo Deus (therefore no longer being truly human). Your in-game implant is replaced by a homo-deus record.

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Yea, except Extinction, which is based on the dead Earth, right?

Yes, extinction is on the earth, to be specific at the "sanctuary", the birthplace of the arks ( the big city in the middle of the map ). 

You know what's kind of interesting ? 

Technically, the Genesis simulation is also on Earth: 

Thanks to extinctions explorer notes and the Genesis Chronicles we know that their is a place called  "arrat prime" on the opposite side of the planet, which apparently holds the access to the simulation. 

So maybe we will see some aspects of the simulation in "reality" once we get to that place ( maybe in Genesis part 2 ?)

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Lostmymarbles said:

It is 4pm PST for everywhere.

Basically release is in 7 hours from now worldwide.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

Archived