Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

WildWyvern

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should get some money back

I think as they have delayed the map twice now we should get a part refund as we all pre ordered it to get it in December for them to move it to January and now Feb what's going to happen in Feb they going to move it back to March we should get it on the date they say there fast enough to grab are money but slow to give us the content we have paid for 

I mean, everybody knew that the lack of hype and fanfare from Wildcard meant Genesis was not actually coming out this month right?  You preordered a DLC from Wildcard despite their history (especially recent) and reputation and yet, you NOW want a refund because it was delayed a month?  Not only that but you are upset that they delayed it in an attempt to get it right before they release it?

If I had preordered Genesis I would be appreciative that they are attempting to make this a good, smooth launch.

20 hours ago, PertySlick said:

I mean, everybody knew that the lack of hype and fanfare from Wildcard meant Genesis was not actually coming out this month right?  You preordered a DLC from Wildcard despite their history (especially recent) and reputation and yet, you NOW want a refund because it was delayed a month?  Not only that but you are upset that they delayed it in an attempt to get it right before they release it?

If I had preordered Genesis I would be appreciative that they are attempting to make this a good, smooth launch.

0 Money for 0 work , its a easy way to remember Wildcard to hit release dates...

14 hours ago, Ownz1nR34LT1M3 said:

I will be honest here.  I am not going to be "that guy" who says this is for the best and I am fine with waiting for a "more finished product".  It just isn't true, the game will be MORE FINISHED, but probably not as finished as it should be in any case.  That is very sad to say, especially since this is the only "game" I play, and I don't consider what I do in Ark to be a game.  I will wait as I always do, but I am not going to call anyone names, or say I am shocked at such an announcement.  I will say that the game releasing in February now as opposed to the initial target date of December really does plenty of harm to me and my group I play with.  Being a full time student with a high work load, February may be the worst time for the game to come out for me.  Not just that, but my group closed shop on our Valguero server to switch it over to Genesis, and now all of those efforts were done prematurely by 2 or more months.  We "rushed the move" because Genesis was on the way, and now we did all that rushing and spending more time than necessary when it wasn't even a priority at that time.

THAT BEING SAID,

I have already experienced the release of one expansion before Christmas time with extinction.  The addition of raptor claus, gacha claus, and the subsequent valentines day event really dumbed down the early progression of Extinction in many ways by granting very easy to obtain breeding lines and blueprints.  I was going to use the Valentines day even on Genesis, because I would be a fool not to take advantage of that opportunity, but I am actually really glad that the event will NOT be occurring on a Genesis map until next year.  That is a very good thing for anyone who plans to play Genesis as a fresh start with no transfers. 

Last but not least, @Wildcard

Don't actually answer me here, because I don't want you blasting your companies business to the public.  I only care so far as the question actually being considered properly.  How much time are you guys even devoting to contingency time? Normally with a design, especially with an ambitious one, there would be weeks, months, hell you could even have years of contingency time dedicated to all the things that could go wrong.  If you say a game is done by December, that game should be done and getting tested 6 months or more before then.  You already said too much to the public when you claimed Genesis will be ready late January and closed testing at the beginning of January.  Seriously?! This isn't a shot at your company or business to make you look bad or be negative, but did you really give yourselves 2 weeks to work out the kinks and bugs of a game from closed testing to release?! You need to do some research as a company on proper design phases and planning because that is absolutely absurd.  There are some bugs in the live game that weren't address for years, or still go without being fully dealt with! 2 weeks on a new ambitious map such as Genesis to weed out these potential bugs?!

./end rant

I love this game, I really do and I fear for a world with an Ark that is too perfect.  I am also in fear of your business falling apart if you maintain this current course.  Please change for those of us who believe in this thing you have created.

I'll be completely honest here.. After having put 5500+ hours into this game, I've learned you need to have patience in this game a long time ago. If you were around for the release of Extinction, you'd know that a rushed DLC is a bad DLC. Extinction had element veins spawning inside of people's bases which was terrible. Meteors would crash inside of the city destroying people's bases. There was a bug that wiped stone structures a few days after release and that was a major setback for those that had put quite a few hours into getting a decent base built first. 

That being said, I feel that they have every right to take their time with this DLC. It's going to be a game changing DLC that has many new mechanics in it. New biomes, new creatures, new structures, etc. A couple extra months of wait is worth it compared to what could be a detrimental bug if it's release is rushed. I'd much rather have a more polished DLC than to ever have to go through another release that was even remotely similar to Extinction. Just my $.02 though.

Another Darn Delay

So, maybe some of you might of not heard the news, but unfortunatley, Genesis' release date got pushed back another month ?Very disappointed. I was so happy and excited that when I heard the news, I got mad. Seriously, when December finally rolled along, I couldn't wait! I was so happy that we finally could be able to play on the long time announced new map! When I heard about the delay, I got bummed out. That was another long month of waiting.

Now, it's January 25. This morning, I was very excited! I couldn't believe that we where at most 3 days away from Genesis' release! But now, as I read the news here in the SurvivetheArk website, I don't even know what to think. ANOTHER FREAKIN' MONTH OF WAITING ???.

Hopefully they use the time to improve details and other stuff on Genesis. They did mention that they would give us a great Valentine's Day event though that they where planning to skip due to Genesis' release! Looking forwards to that! But yeah, for those of you who didn't know, Genesis Part 1 won't come out until next month.

At least they mentioned an exact date this time though. According to WildCard, it's new release will now be February 25! Won't get to hyped when February 24th rolls in most likely though. We all know WildCard, they aren't the best at keeping up with release dates. This isn't the only map that has gotten delayed several times now. So don't get your hopes high when the 24th rolls in! Don't wanna get too disappointed if that gets delayed as well.

Anyways, have a nice day and have fun playing Ark!

On 1/14/2020 at 8:49 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

One delay I can live with, its WC so a delay is expected, but if they delay it again I consider that unacceptable. I dont have to be in game development to understand a decent product should be delivered on the promised date or at least on the date of the initial delay just like I don't need to play in the NFL to expect my team to do better than 0-16 every year.

It happened ? It's now delayed until February 25

Seriously everyone is expecting a large map with game changing features and creatures like the DAMN TURTLE YOU CAN BUILD A BASE ON AND BREATH UNDERWATER WITHOUT TAKING TIME TO MAKE SPECIAL DAMN ARMOR OR A LIZARD THAT LETS YOU SWIM IN FUKIN LAVA yet they expect it to be at there dinner table on a silver platter “on time” well news flash: “on time” is when ever their boss tells them it's allowed to be released plus adding a new way to remove those cancerous under mappers who put turrets in walls and in the ground. So please just please get some patience

2 hours ago, Blueflames1775 said:

Seriously everyone is expecting a large map with game changing features and creatures like the DAMN TURTLE YOU CAN BUILD A BASE ON AND BREATH UNDERWATER WITHOUT TAKING TIME TO MAKE SPECIAL DAMN ARMOR OR A LIZARD THAT LETS YOU SWIM IN FUKIN LAVA yet they expect it to be at there dinner table on a silver platter “on time” well news flash: “on time” is when ever their boss tells them it's allowed to be released plus adding a new way to remove those cancerous under mappers who put turrets in walls and in the ground. So please just please get some patience

Lol so we're to blame for expecting an expansion pack to be delivered when the company developing it says it will be delivered... twice.

I get some people take complaining to the extreme but holy smokes get your head out of WCs arse.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:18 PM, WildWyvern said:

Ark Genesis delayed til January

Imagine Wildcard delaying their 4th expac when they had 4 months already before it was announced, lmao.

Do you think Wildcard's alone in delaying their work? Even more then once. It actually happens quite frequently in the gaming business. Be glad it's only getting delayed a total of 2 months or so. Naughty Dog's Last of Us II recently got delayed from the end of February to the end of May, an extra 3 months even though they announced the February release date before Wildcard even announced Genesis. Expect it to happen.

5 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Lol so we're to blame for expecting an expansion pack to be delivered when the company developing it says it will be delivered... twice.

I get some people take complaining to the extreme but holy smokes get your head out of WCs arse.

The amount of time and coding that it takes for one expansion on one platform can easily take 6 months plus add the bugs they DO fix during that time and the process itself which takes out of their time not ours, I personally think that when they say they’ll give you something with as much coding and NEW coding as it takes I feel all we can do is wait for it to come out and stop making useless complaints because what they making is new to ark so just be happy and get your head out your ass

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

Archived