Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

WildWyvern

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DeerHunter666 said:

It is not a promise; it is a legal binding contract in Australia. They advertised on steam a delivery date of December 2019 and took customers money.

Long term customers know the ability of Wildcard to NOT deliver a fit for purpose product on time. Many customers do not follow this website, just Steam and have not received any direct communication (e.g. Email) updating them of the new delivery date.

I myself (stupid trusting me) bought Genesis and took two weeks off work to play the new DLC then find out by chance on Steam that it had been delayed until January without any customer communication.

You clearly did not read this in October then: https://steamcommunity.com/games/346110/announcements/detail/1563238351467772084

For anyone reading this thread looking for an official answer on the release date, THERE IS NONE ATM. This is just a forum for us to gripe about the fact that we were dumb enough to buy the DLC too early to get a chance to play it.  I think I have learned my lesson but I will prolly get swept up in the dopamine rush and buy DLC as soon as its announced for games I am getting bored with, I am only human. Good job WC hope you didnt target market your game to children and make their parents buy it for them for xmas. Oh nvm COPPA says it was the content creators fault!

I remember when they did the Abberation teaser when it should of been released.

That one person getting to the surface and seeing the map was very unfinished and got quickly teleported back by those security admins.

Even if they teased this next DLC - It would certainly have the same effect.  Let them learn from their mistakes, even if it takes an unreasonable amount of time.

This is what to expect from WildCard. Now... about that white paint showing up on metal walls....  Let's get to work on 4 yr old bugs bois n goils.

Ark Genesis Release Dates

I know Ark Genesis was originally supposed to be officially released in December 2019 and the second part was to follow in January 2020.

However, to my understanding the release date was postponed. Does anyone know when it will now be released? 

As well as this, there has been little mention of the official servers for Genesis which leaves me wondering when they will come online. 

Any info on the subject will be much appreciated!! 

6 hours ago, iceluca said:

GENESIS release date

Hello
anyone  know when GENESIS will be released?

for console xbox

thx

5 hours ago, MoonlitPhoenix said:

Ark Genesis Release Dates

I know Ark Genesis was originally supposed to be officially released in December 2019 and the second part was to follow in January 2020.

However, to my understanding the release date was postponed. Does anyone know when it will now be released? 

As well as this, there has been little mention of the official servers for Genesis which leaves me wondering when they will come online. 

Any info on the subject will be much appreciated!! 

To answer both of these questions at once, the first map is set to release at the end of the month. They have already started QA so it won't be too terribly long now. Sit patient and let them release the map with as little bugs as they can. Getting mad at the devs won't do anything. Some other posts on this forum are keeping up with the servers for QA (looks like dev only QA so don't expect to ask to join and them say yes). As for the second map, it was set to release this next winter so we probably have at least another year for that one. Nonetheless they look a lot of fun and I can't wait to play with everyone on PvP! >:)

well at first i was angry as well because of the delay and thought raptor it, always the same poop it will never change... but in the end it does, slowly but steady. I can wait patiently for  the release, the more days they get for QA the better it is, well there will be problems on the release date i'm 100 % sure about it because you can perfectly QA a game beforehand all you want, on a life system it works out always differently. 

On 1/6/2020 at 2:48 PM, ArrowHead said:

It will not be, we will not refund you sorry.

Maybe in  your country you have crap Consumer laws.. Steam/Valve tried that crap BUT under Australian Law you must give a refund. Steam/Valve got fined 3 million dollars for not giving refunds to Australians. https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/valve-to-pay-3-million-in-penalties-for-misrepresenting-gamers-consumer-guarantee-rights

• Volunteer Moderator

"Under the Australian Consumer Law, all goods or services supplied to consumers come with automatic consumer guarantees that they are of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which they were sold."

That's pretty ambiguous, you could sue anybody for any reason with that wording.

Poll the Ark player base about "acceptable quality" and see what they say.

On 1/7/2020 at 12:18 AM, TheSlayerNL said:

You are right; I missed that but for a good reason...

The news article was named "Fear Evolved 3 Begins!". Why was it not named something like "GENISIS RELEASE DELAY". IMHO Genisis more imporatant then Fear Evolved at a consumer level.

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

"Under the Australian Consumer Law, all goods or services supplied to consumers come with automatic consumer guarantees that they are of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which they were sold."

That's pretty ambiguous, you could sue anybody for any reason with that wording.

Poll the Ark player base about "acceptable quality" and see what they say.

Sueing is a mainly a American thing. Not a thing in Australia. Players did not sue, they submitted compaints to the Australian Government (ACCC) who investigated and fined.

A poll of Ark players results would be interesting.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DeerHunter666 said:

Sueing is a mainly a American thing. Not a thing in Australia. Players did not sue, they submitted compaints to the Australian Government (ACCC) who investigated and fined.

The mechanic is different, the end results are exactly the same.

17 hours ago, ArkTheorist123 said:

I wish wildcard would give us an exact release date for Genesis. I know they said "late January", but that's a bit of a broad spectrum - like, do the mean the 20th, the 31st etc. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!

You can pin it down to the end of the month, around the frame from the 28th to the 31th.

Why ?

Think about it, the beta where they test the dlc started a week ago, they will probably test more than only two weeks. ( 

The legacy PvP-Servers will shut down on the 28th of January, which also gives me the feeling that it will release around that time, they can repurpose the old servers for the new expansion pack which would make sense.

But all that aside, until wildcard actually says anything, all we can do is speculate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe the community crunch tommorrow will offer us some news

On 1/9/2020 at 11:20 AM, TheSlayerNL said:

For now I have doubts about their QA Testing, considering the amount of oversights upon release of Extinction.

- Able to fly in caves.

- Able to Tame High Level Cave Creatures

- +5 degrees in Snow Biome?

To name a few obvious things that should not have been in Extinction's Release.

some caves you can fly in... some cave creatures are able to tame ...scorched eath cave for one.some snow bioms are not so cold lol? 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ark Genesis delayed til February XX?

Archived