Do something against Manas vanishing

kathid4444

Do something against Manas vanishing

I know that most of the funny "accidents" happening in Ark are things we player just have to take into account when it comes to playing the game, but I'm already so annoyed by this one. 3 days in a row we lost 3 manas already - why? Because of a combination of a bad decision (which the deathzone above the map on Extinction is in my opinion) WC made and the terrible server "quality" on official servers. I've been playing this game for years now, have a decent amount of hours and I'm used to all kinds of things like bugs, lags, char/dino losses, etc etc etc.. the list is long.

This time though it is a bit different. You can't use your mana basically anywhere. On Scorched Earth they just vanish so we don't use them there at all anymore. But now on Extinction the same. We teleported with the mana (dismounted) - we arrived at the other teleporter, the mana didn't. No death msg, not at 50/50.. just gone. Day#2 & #3 both times the same. We used the manas to tame some snow owls, the server lags and eventhough we already know we have to be careful and don't jump further anymore, the mana is all of a sudden in the deathzone, dead and all of our things gone because we can't reach them anymore. Cryopods, armor, weapons, etcetcetc.. not even to mention the amount of hours spent raising the manas.

This is completely ridiculous and ruins the fun completely. You can't let people buy a game and spent lots and lots of hours raising dinos, just to let them dissappear for no reason. The mana-vanishing (especially when porting) is a WELL KNOWN bug since months and it seems like nothing is changed to prevent this. I hope you are more lucky than we were. I have no idea to prevent unfair, sudden deaths because of the deathzone except just not using it anymore. And that on Extinction, the map it spawns even. 

Teleporters are very glitchy. 

I teleported once on Rag and it teleported me outside the map under the ocean level. I could run around freely. Then I jumped and I appeared about 50 feet in front of my base from the sky. Luckily I built into the ocean so landed fine.

Another time my crab disappeared. I submitted a ticket for that one. I get a message that afternoon from an ally in game. He found my crab in the ocean about 100 feet in front of my base. Luckily they don't aggro ocean dinos or have an oxygen meter.

It is definitely an issue for a long time. It needs to be addressed.

(Videos were taken with intent to submit ticket which is why I cycle through objects I hope to get replaced)

I also wanna throw in my 2 cents here.  There is another condition that can cause the animals on teleporters to not show up.  If you have a leash out in your area and it touches on the teleporter, then the lock on the animal could still effect it once ported.  The animal will not be on the telepad, usually it would end up somewhere in the direction back towards your base.  The animal can also keep teleporting itself closer to your base as you try to approach it.   Just another thing to watch for, I've found other people running into this problem after I saw it myself.

Similar to the starving on trough problem I noted in other threads. As a breeder I am very careful to ensure that they are on a trough and eating. I stay in render range in a chair while running around doing rl chores. Then I come back to a dead dino.

In both cases, a similar approach can be done. In the code when a dino is to be killed or land, do a verification check. If something went screwy, put it in an 'oops'  inventory or an Obi Ark Data or anything but kill the thing. Having a dino starve when in range of 8 full tek troughs and with food on them is just as ridiculous and just as easy to fix if they care to do so.

WC, your future Genesis buyers are watching...

Archived