Dino weight

xXGrimReefer

Dino weight

I was wondering since I’m trying to build a holding pen for flyers on boats instead of cryopods. I know the max weight of a boat is 1800 pounds but I can’t seem to find how much Dino’s like the argentavis actually weigh? Is it a predetermined weight for all Argy’s or does carrying weight have some addition to it? Any help would be greatly appreciated 

i've had my boats filled with over 1800 lbs on them, as long as the water isn't shallow it can still move through it just fine.  far as weight of dino on the boat, i haven't noticed any real change when having mulitple dino's on the boat that are empty, I've transported 8 rex on a raft without issue.  the only real problem is if a rock pops up through the floor or a tree passes through, it pulls your dino off the boat.

8 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Rafts have the drawback of leeds attacking them.  While pods are semi unreliable sometimes, I lose dinos less often w/ them than w/out. at least on official servers,  I hear bad bugs come with single player and pods.

true at that, but nothing a couple plantspecies X won't stop,  even one hitting a leed will slow it down long enough for you to get away safely.  the worst bug I've had with pods on single player is uploading them to a obelisk to switch maps and the dino's insta-killed the second I download the pods.  while in game I haven't had any issues using them to transport dino's though, but I never leave any in pods when I exit the game either.

23 minutes ago, xXGrimReefer said:

Much appreciated. I’m trying to find a better alternative to cryopods due to there unreliability. So with this info my boat can finally set sail, thanks 

You are much safer storing in cryopods. Besides the leeds, a player can simply make a me boat and poke your tames out or they will even slowly move over time.. scary stuff.

As to boat weight.. ive never experienced a boat actually not drive from too many dinos on it .. and ive lived on boats exclusivley on many servers (official and unofficial) We had an egg farm boat before on official. 

Archived