how to ban an user that makes multiple accounts

Giorgino87

35 minutes ago, Giorgino87 said:

how to ban an user that makes multiple accounts

I am administering a server and I have run into a problem. A troubling user that keeps making new accounts to avoid the ban of his previous ones. How can I kick him out once for all?

Never done it, but I know that you need to ban the player by their steam ID, not the player name.

admincheat BanPlayer <steam id>

There are various ways to get the steam id, but the simplest is to enable the option that shows in chat the steam id (don't recall how that works).

If you are just using the control panel that comes with the hosting service, that is just going to remove the character, not ban by steam id.

If this doesn't help, Google is your friend here ?

31 minutes ago, d1nk said:

People really need to include more information if they expect help. What platform? If its Console theres nothing you can do and you NEED a password. Why dont you have a password?

Yes, adding a password to the server is the simplest solution, but a little bit of a hassle for your users.

I stopped playing ARK for a few years and when I recently came back, I was surprised by just how many more servers have a password than a few years ago. This post explains why ?

Hi

platform: PC

I banned the steamID. But the asshole has made another steam account. I suspect using family sharing he didn-t have to buy the game again. And seems intentioned even to spend money to break my ass.

So I was thinking about enabling exclusive join, would that help?

password is not really an option, as anybody could secretly tell him behind my shoulders. I have many users cannot be sure of all of them.

I have no clue how to find and blacklist a micid

1 hour ago, Larkfields said:

How do you go about finding a mac address that is associated with a steam id?

AFAIK, the Ark banlist only works for Steam IDs.  So I assume you're adding the mac id to your router's black list?

If your running the server from your home pc, I wouldn't know personally how you would find a macid of a player via your router, there are software applications you can get to capture the macid's of connected pc's to your computer, then you could block the macid via your router yes.  Sorry When you said you were the admin of a server I thought more of a dedicated server, and most servers are setup to record the mac id + ip of connecting computers, making it easier to add them to the servers blacklist.txt file (or whitelist for open access). 

3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

If your running the server from your home pc, I wouldn't know personally how you would find a macid of a player via your router, there are software applications you can get to capture the macid's of connected pc's to your computer, then you could block the macid via your router yes.  Sorry When you said you were the admin of a server I thought more of a dedicated server, and most servers are setup to record the mac id + ip of connecting computers, making it easier to add them to the servers blacklist.txt file (or whitelist for open access). 

how do I set up the server to log this information? Would really help.

Archived