Any reliable method for locating Dodorex when it Spawns?

RipRavage

5 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

I'm sure it is, I mean just look at this, this is the 'fixed raptor overspawn' on Valguero:

A0F0789343C9573AA78714933ACA4B9ACFF3A31E

I didn't dare get closer as the server had just saved and it felt like it was going to crash again. so I took the snapshot, and headed back to base.  Hopefully when I log in next I don't find myself as 'raptor food'.

This explains why the server is still consistently crashing.  But that's not the only new bug I've experienced with the event.  I actually had to craft the 'zombie' emote twice to learn it, the first one said I learned it but was never added to my emote wheel, I was thinking that perhaps it was just too many emotes on the wheel but that wasn't the case.  For giggles I made a second one, hovered over it too, and hit E, knowing If indeed it was tagged as learned but not showing, it wouldn't be consumable and i'd just give it to my tribemate, but it consumed it and on the second use it added it to my character.

At first we had a fair share of bone dinos spawning on the island map, and everyone was happy thinking 'yay we can find them now' but after a few ingame days after the server restarted, no one can find the bone dinos again... 

To top it off, On the Island after the restart for the patch, the first time the dodorex was due to show, It announced it to everyone, and when it despawned, again anouced that it left, but sense then there hasn't been one announcement of the Dodorex coming in or exiting.   People are pretty disappointed.   

Yeah, the devs do quite a bit to inspire confidence, especially with the announcement that they just delayed the DLC.

#EARLYACCESS4LIFE

3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I'm sure it is, I mean just look at this, this is the 'fixed raptor overspawn' on Valguero:

A0F0789343C9573AA78714933ACA4B9ACFF3A31E

I didn't dare get closer as the server had just saved and it felt like it was going to crash again. so I took the snapshot, and headed back to base.  Hopefully when I log in next I don't find myself as 'raptor food'.

This explains why the server is still consistently crashing.  But that's not the only new bug I've experienced with the event.  I actually had to craft the 'zombie' emote twice to learn it, the first one said I learned it but was never added to my emote wheel, I was thinking that perhaps it was just too many emotes on the wheel but that wasn't the case.  For giggles I made a second one, hovered over it too, and hit E, knowing If indeed it was tagged as learned but not showing, it wouldn't be consumable and i'd just give it to my tribemate, but it consumed it and on the second use it added it to my character.

At first we had a fair share of bone dinos spawning on the island map, and everyone was happy thinking 'yay we can find them now' but after a few ingame days after the server restarted, no one can find the bone dinos again... 

To top it off, On the Island after the restart for the patch, the first time the dodorex was due to show, It announced it to everyone, and when it despawned, again anouced that it left, but sense then there hasn't been one announcement of the Dodorex coming in or exiting.   People are pretty disappointed.   

Those can be spawns left from before the update. Updating server does not get rid of the previous dinos unless server crashes.

Every 3rd day at midnight, the DodoRex will spawn, giving players a total of ~7:00 min to kill it. After that, you must wait three 24 min cycles before another will spawn. The Location of its spawn is completely random.When the DodoRex spawns, a text will appear to every online player stating The DodoRex has appeared and the moon turns orange with the silhouette of the DodoRex's head across it.

Pretty sure that the above from the previous event still goes for this one aswell.

Archived