Sign in to follow this  
MrTarkanian48

Mesh Fix - Please make this a priority

Mesh Fix - Please make this a priority

I play on console, so I cannot speak to the state of the game on PC.  On console however, meshing is an absolute epidemic.

IMO this is the best console game I have ever played. While I appreciate the new content and look forward to Genesis, unfortunately, all of this great stuff is completely overshadowed by meshing, and has been for a very long time.  It is hard to be optimistic about a game, and look forward to new content, when it is fundamentally broken at it's core.

It's so easy for people to mesh in the current state of the game.  There are mesh methods that have been around for months that still have not been patched.  Current enforcement is not adequate to deter people from continuing to mesh, and people  talk, threaten, and brag about meshing constantly in global chat.  Players can easily have unlimited alternate accounts, and are not scared of being banned on one, because they can just play on another. 95%+ percent of each map is susceptible to meshing, so practically no one is safe from this unless you spend hours in single player ghosting and finding the right spots (which are painfully few). If you place some form of permanent mesh defense in place you are just asking to be reported and dev wiped, however, raiding tribes can literally get in, fire rockets, tek saddle, tek rifle etc, and get out with limited liability and chances of being caught.

These problems got a lot of exposure a few months ago, and it appeared for a short while to be a priority to address these issues.  But now there is barely a mention of any action being made on this other than the occasional "We are still looking at this...".

Its toxic and eroding the player base on PVP.  Our server has been gutted by offline mesh attacks.  No one wants to spend hundreds to thousands of hours on a game just to lose all progress to some cheaters that exploit mechanics.  Most just quit and move on to something else after they lose everything, and who can blame them.

Please make this a top priority. While I still hope that there is some all-encompassing plan to eliminate meshing as a whole, in the mean time we need to see some action. Have some members of the dev team monitor youtube for mesh methods and patch these methods promptly.  Design a way to enforce the Code of Conduct. Make a significant effort to restore integrity into the current game, before just focusing all resources on selling the next map which is doomed to be plagued with these same issues.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Same on pc. Funny thing is if u put defenses on mesh like turrets or velanos u will get dev wipe cause these are the "proof" that u are meshing. But if someone buy an account and mesh ur base destroying months of work in a single night nothing will happen. If by luck u record him doing it at the most he will lose the account. Nothing more. So using mesh to f other people is no risk high reward, using to defend is guaranteed dev wipe. I dont care about "genesis" or more bugged maps and op dinos. What I want and even could pay is a system that protects u against mesh and a LOG (they dont even have a simply log...) to if u lose a char on transfer they can restore that char with everything (not the bullpoop lvl 105 that they do). 

These 2 things are far more important than everything else.

• Confused 1

Just now, Macallan said:

Well for pvp then. If they dont want/care to fix the issue cause majority is on pve/uno at least let the players defend themselves lol. 

You can :D build in places less likely to get meshed xD 9k hours not one of my bases meshed ever....

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

I don't think that meshing will ever be fixed. This games engine is just not made for it, it's like putting a bandaid on an open fracture ^^

This most likely is true.   

Even so they could do way more in terms of patching known methods of getting in the mesh. I feel like they used to do this, but now they don't even bother. At least make people work to cheat and discover new ways to mesh by eliminating the old.  Now days you can look up a 4 month old youtube vid and wipe most players at your convenience

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

You can :D build in places less likely to get meshed xD 9k hours not one of my bases meshed ever....

I am painfully aware of this, and too have not lost anything that significant due to meshing.  But these spots are few and far between.  When you combine things like meshing, quetz hatchframe, and turret limit it makes tlarge majority of places on the map no longer viable.  

• Like 1

Here's an idea:  make the ground floor of your base a holy nightmare of turrets and dimos and  raptors and purlovias and leg traps.  Build the floor of the kill zone out of stone instead of metal, they'll focus on that spot.  At that point, the meshing gives them absolutely no advantage.

You can't stop them from meshing but you can make it a lot less fun for them.