Is the Halloween Event causing raptor overspawn?

Savamther

It currently works by using FTP to dowlnoad from my friends private server and then uses the toolkit to parse the save and list the animals.  I then overlayed the Valguero map with paint markers of where each animal of a selected class exists.

I will look into it this weekend and hope to add TheIsland, Scorched, Aberation, Ragnarok and Extinction maps and allow selection of a local save file (that you/others download from your own servers).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jvpeters

Valguero Viewer is a custom app/tool I wrote that uses the ARK Savegame Toolkit on GitHub - https://github.com/ark-mod/ArkSavegameToolkitNet

Currently hard-coded to download map save from our private server via FTP so going to remove this and make it more generic this weekend with the view that others can then use it if they like.

It lists the counts, levels, location and stats of EVERY dino both wild and tame on your server save game.

Hello Everyone,

Sadly I this issue has actually caused a destructive situation for our private server. We recently got ourselves a private server and it has been progressively taking longer and longer to boot up after restarts. When it was first implemented it took about 15 minutes to reboot. After a day it went to 30 minutes. After 2 days, 1 hour. Yesterday the server refuses to boot. We had witnessed a swarm of raptors that much represented a angry beehive in full alert in a portion of the Valgeuro map. We eliminated it and had assumed the patch on Wednesday was the fix for this issue, we were wrong. I'm working with my server providers right now, but since the server wont load we cant do a dino kill command. This really sucks, I may have to wipe the server.

Regards,

Marcus

36 minutes ago, Screwdrvr said:

The "Cheat destroywilddinos" command should wipe them out if you are an admin on the server!

They just come back :/  The overspawn isn't so bad on my server but all of the Dein and Rollrats have gone missing so we have no kibble or gliders.
idea: Imma give everyone a bunch of kibble on Halloween as "Trick or Treat candy" and then end the event the next day.

Archived