Is the Halloween Event causing raptor overspawn?

Savamther

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

So glad I don't have to deal with this on my Nitrado server XP  That being said, I'm assuming people have already tried a destroywilddinos?

being its the patch causing it, hang around a dieno nest on your server for abit, im sure your going to have the same issue as everyone else on Official.

12 hours ago, caleb68 said:

BCBBC5A24D40CEB72B0928E5161490ED295E61AC

yep.  lost my new wyvern to it I was doing my normal thing down in the trenches when it got mobbed by so many raptors it couldn't even fly or move. it was over in 10 seconds to boot.

BTW its not tied to mods - this is a screenshot from a Official Valguero server.

Thanks for the insight! Somewhat relieved this is something I can at  least disable for now but feel bad for all you official players! I have only been playing on my server a week as a fresh character and don't have anything too impressive yet in terms of tames... But even to a seasoned survivor that many raptors is indeed a terrifying thing. Didn't want to land anywhere near them :')

10 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

yeah i've had to do dino wipes on our community's servers a few times already just to keep the numbers down because they keep spawning over the normal server count. woke up this morning to a total of 70k dinosaurs on valguero. normal is about 30k. just removed raptors and fire wyverns from the map till it gets fixed

Ah, I considered doing that but figured it would be quicker to just temporarily remove the event and re add it when they release a patch. I feel fortunate we have the opportunity to do these things tho, and nothing bad has come of it yet... Would hate to lose an amazing tame to an army of raptors xD

5 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

was supposedly going to be a patch today to fix it, have yet to see one roll out. What is that your riding?

If you're referring to the screenshot I quoted it's not mine so I have no idea xD
And yeah, I've been keeping an eye on steam for an update. Hopefully one comes soon...

Edit: I think Lycan is right and it's a wyvern bone skin.

So where's the patch for the overspawns?

still waiting on that patch for the over spawns of raptors on valguero, there are 3 spots outside my base alone that are overspawning.  doesn't really make it fun when you can't leave you base except by a flyer and have to risk the server crashing due to the over spawning.

People are reporting lots of other animals overspawning as well.  We only noticed raptors and wyverns on our Valguero server:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kab39wCOuQo

It got to a point where the server was crashing due to the neverending spawns.  We've disabled them for the time being and the server is running smooth again.  It seems to be taking a long time for a hotfix to be released.

17 hours ago, GP said:

Yes, the devs are aware of the raptor overspawn issue on Valguero, they are hoping to patch it sometime today.

:raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor::raptor:

doesn't look like were getting that patch today, usually if they haven't rolled it out in the next 15 min, its not coming till the following day... or later.   This sucks too, my base was surrounded by raptors, gave me a flash of that scene from Starship Troopers when they are at the outpost and tons of the bugs start rolling in, making me fearful to even kill them from the wall top thinking they might start climbing up the bodies to get over the wall.

4 hours ago, user314 said:

@MirageUKWhat is this program? It looks pretty useful:)

One I wrote myself using the ARK Savegame Toolkit (C#.net) on Github.  We use it for breeding mainly - working out what wilds might add to our blood lines and also working out what tames to breed together.

I might open it up and make it more generic so that others can use it - currently it is hard coded to dowload the save game from my friends private server and work with the downloaded save.

Archived