Jump to content

Cowgirl

Have YOU seen the dodorex?

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

that would be a disappointment if they removed him, we've been living in fear that he may spawn at our base, keeping us edgy and on our toes every night, but if he's disabled, that just futher kills the excitement of fear evolved.  were already not getting any bats or spiders on the maps which is a disappointment in itself.  two servers have been constantly crashing because of the over spawns, one of them (valguero) is still experiencing over spawns and its even updated to 300.1 and crashing again because of it.   The only time i've really found any bone dino's feeling more like a 'fear evolved' event was when the island server restarted after the patch.  I found 3x as many bones at that point then i had sense the game had started, sadly even that was short lived, people are once again not finding bone dinos.

I'm hoping it gets better but so far its been a letdown.  least I was able to get the 3 emotes with the bones from the previous 2 days and when the island restarted for my main character.  I really get a laugh out of panic, works while your sitting, crouched, riding a dino, its just too funny, hadn't tried it on a bed yet.

Tip - For those who like emotes, if you don't know while you have the emote window open you can press [ or ] to bind a emote to either one while hovering over that emote so you can fire them off quicker.  just don't tap the key too fast or it will think your wanting to reassign it and show you the emote wheel.

Yea I havent played much since it started, I think it would have been cool for them to do dodorex this week then next week the cave critters above grounds, esp since the extra life event is next weekend and it will overlap. I really want to get the thriller emote but I am not keen on any chance of my base being wiped for it lol.

Edited by Cowgirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Yea I havent played much since it started, I think it would have been cool for them to do dodorex this week then next week the cave critters above grounds, esp since the extra life event is next weekend and it will overlap. I really want to get the thriller emote but I am not keen on any chance of my base being wiped for it lol.

you could always collect the parts on Ragnarok or the center (valguero maps still having issues) make the emotes in the cooking pot then upload them to the obelisk for you to grab on your main character :) Ragnarok you just have to worry about wandering zombie wyverns, i don't know about the center as I don't play that map myself.  No dodorex or dodowyvern on either of those two to worry about your base getting destroyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

you could always collect the parts on Ragnarok or the center (valguero maps still having issues) make the emotes in the cooking pot then upload them to the obelisk for you to grab on your main character :) Ragnarok you just have to worry about wandering zombie wyverns, i don't know about the center as I don't play that map myself.  No dodorex or dodowyvern on either of those two to worry about your base getting destroyed.

I actually don't have any bases or characters on either of those maps, I have the bones on the main server and I had 6 pumpkins (provided they didnt poof since Tuesday) that is a good idea though.

Edited by Cowgirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I actually don't have any bases or characters on either of those maps, I have the bones on the main server and I had 6 pumpkins (provided they didnt poof since Tuesday) that is a good idea though.

the pumpkins may of gone poof when the server restarted, that was the problem with them, all the loot pile items were going poof if the server restarted, is why people noticed it first on single player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

the pumpkins may of gone poof when the server restarted, that was the problem with them, all the loot pile items were going poof if the server restarted, is why people noticed it first on single player.

Oh I had a lot of those cause they were the ones I was getting most of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen Dodorex or Dodowyvern on Ragnarok?  We haven't gotten a single message about them, and the only skeleton dinos we've seen are Jerboa.  We do get Candy Corn supply drops and the pumpkin/scarecrow/gravestone piles.  Not sure if we have a mod interfering with the event on our dedicated server or just things not working on Ragnarok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sixpax said:

Has anyone seen Dodorex or Dodowyvern on Ragnarok?  We haven't gotten a single message about them, and the only skeleton dinos we've seen are Jerboa.  We do get Candy Corn supply drops and the pumpkin/scarecrow/gravestone piles.  Not sure if we have a mod interfering with the event on our dedicated server or just things not working on Ragnarok.

I believe they only spawn on theisle and SE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 11:33 PM, Quilleute said:

Sooo , new problem : After we kill him , ( just before update) , since server cameback  online , DodoRex haven’t spawned anymore ( 4 hours passed already ) . 
moon animation , check 

meteors , check 

message of spawning , ..... 0 

is it possible we can only kill him once per server ?  Or update broken spawn ? 

thoughts? 

Problems mantain... no spawn after first kill ...

so one per server ?? 

Who killed , didn’t won the achievement, or skins , and can’t even try again to get dermis ? 
 

that’s nonsense....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Tried finding it twice now. No luck yet and even tried  following the meteors and moon to see if that would help. Noting...

Same here but tried finding him 10 times approx, never even seen him. How are we supposed to have the time to find and kill him in only a few nightime hours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Quilleute said:

Problems mantain... no spawn after first kill ...

so one per server ?? 

Who killed , didn’t won the achievement, or skins , and can’t even try again to get dermis ? 
 

that’s nonsense....

After 48 hours he finnaly spawned , we already killed him 3 times ( body is desappearing superfast, still dont know if we can get dermis ) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did it on cellphone , sry if not perceptible ...

So on image the red dots is were we already found the DodoRex . The black and  blue lines are the path we do when he spawns . One starts on Carno island , and the second on Green Oby . 

Since we started this routes , we’ve been finding him very successfully, always on open areas ( rivers , islands , areas with no trees ) . 
Fly closeting ground , when you’re on top of him , you will hear Halloween tune. 
The few times we didn’t found him we presume he spawned on ice ( we are only 2 can’t do all map ) , we have some other people lookin in that area , but we are not 100% sure if they are looking properly . 
 

hope it helps 

gl 

D331FA6D-387B-448C-AC9A-517C11FFAD33.jpeg

Edited by Quilleute
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

I got the thriller dance! It is amazing!

i like panic, you can fire it off while running (if bound to [ or ] ), while standing, crouching, riding a dino, can even do one of the default emotes then fire it off right off the bat, and the sound for the default one plays while you flail your arms about.  that combined with a nice set of leather gear, the hockey mask, and a equiped chainsaw, it can be pretty funny especially sense you can rev the chainsaw while your arms are flailing about lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

i like panic, you can fire it off while running (if bound to [ or ] ), while standing, crouching, riding a dino, can even do one of the default emotes then fire it off right off the bat, and the sound for the default one plays while you flail your arms about.  that combined with a nice set of leather gear, the hockey mask, and a equiped chainsaw, it can be pretty funny especially sense you can rev the chainsaw while your arms are flailing about lol.

I have the thriller bound to ] and the lightpet to [ but that does sound hilarious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...