Have YOU seen the dodorex?

Cowgirl

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Quilleute said:

Did it on cellphone , sry if not perceptible ...

So on image the red dots is were we already found the DodoRex . The black and  blue lines are the path we do when he spawns . One starts on Carno island , and the second on Green Oby . 

Since we started this routes , we’ve been finding him very successfully, always on open areas ( rivers , islands , areas with no trees ) . 
Fly closeting ground , when you’re on top of him , you will hear Halloween tune. 
The few times we didn’t found him we presume he spawned on ice ( we are only 2 can’t do all map ) , we have some other people lookin in that area , but we are not 100% sure if they are looking properly . 

hope it helps 

gl 

D331FA6D-387B-448C-AC9A-517C11FFAD33.jpeg

Your lines cover herb island and a red dot too..... has it spawned on Herb?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I have looked on approximately 4 or 5 in game nights (havent had much time for Ark recently) for the dodorex on our server, no luck. Got a feeling I might not get lucky but I am glad our server will be running the event for longer.

The only luck I have had was testing on various maps in single player to check the spawning. Spawned in naked on Scorched, rolled the in game clock forward to force the dodowyvern to spawn, walked a few steps to the nearest cliff to see the zombiewyverns and dodowyvern fly past right in front of me, at which point a zombie wyvern kills me. Good fun.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:01 AM, GP said:

It's happened every time for me. When the fire balls start coming down they come down everywhere, but when midnight hits they change towards the area of the DodoRex. I've seen it happen at least 5 times so far and not once was it different.

Is this still the case? I still think the meteors are supposed to show the location, but for us they're always pointing to Carno Island and not changing and we've not been able to find it anywhere around Carno Island. Elusive DireWolf, that one :P 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Zahlea said:

Is this still the case? I still think the meteors are supposed to show the location, but for us they're always pointing to Carno Island and not changing and we've not been able to find it anywhere around Carno Island. Elusive DireWolf, that one :P 

I feel sometimes it is working other times it is not. Sometimes it goes to Carno Island when it is not there. However, i'm based down on Herb Island where i've been told it can spawn, so I keep a close eye out. On some occasions i've found the fire balls coming down towards the South East instead of North East and low and behold it is spawning either east or south. So that to me is working, but sometimes it seems to default to Carno Island when it isn't in that area.

I've also see the fire balls firing upwards from the ground oddly enough, so it's not quite right.

On 10/24/2019 at 5:51 PM, HiImZech said:

does the dodorex is here message come up when he appears? and meteor only appears when it spawns?

apparently on my server every night is meteor night and there's never been any dodorex is here message, or dodorex has left message

we're beginning to think the dodorex never left

we get candy corn every night too not just dodo nights

On 10/25/2019 at 12:33 AM, Quilleute said:

Sooo , new problem : After we kill him , ( just before update) , since server cameback  online , DodoRex haven’t spawned anymore ( 4 hours passed already ) . 
moon animation , check 

meteors , check 

message of spawning , ..... 0 

is it possible we can only kill him once per server ?  Or update broken spawn ? 

thoughts? 

I've had that problem on my serer. Also that the meteors show up when they shouldn't (they are usually there from 20-21 to 5-ish) is a sure sign the dodorex (message) is not coming. What fixed it for me was:

1. Turn off the server
  2. Start the server with no event ( -ActiveEvent=None ) and respawn wild dinos. NOTE! This will delete all scarecrows, stolen headstones and pumpkins (but not bones)
  3. Turn off the server
  4. Start the server with the event (probably could remove ActiveEvent, but I run with -ActiveEvent=FearEvolved) and respawn wild dinos

That fixes it for me! Requires you to be on a non-official server though. If you're on official, I don't know what to do, maybe file a report?

5 minutes ago, GP said:

I feel sometimes it is working other times it is not. Sometimes it goes to Carno Island when it is not there. However, i'm based down on Herb Island where i've been told it can spawn, so I keep a close eye out. On some occasions i've found the fire balls coming down towards the South East instead of North East and low and behold it is spawning either east or south. So that to me is working, but sometimes it seems to default to Carno Island when it isn't in that area.

I've also see the fire balls firing upwards from the ground oddly enough, so it's not quite right.

Thanks for the additional info! Yeah, I've also seen it go up from the ground :P I wonder if it could just be bugged on some servers so while it's working for you, for me it's bugged and not a location indication. I'll keep searching.

Also: When you found it, it looked like it was on a mountain - which mountain is that?

7 hours ago, GP said:

oh my server the fireballs goes around like a clock face

they start off as \\\\ then slowly turn - - - - then finally ///// at around 5am

On 10/30/2019 at 8:46 AM, Zahlea said:

I've had that problem on my serer. Also that the meteors show up when they shouldn't (they are usually there from 20-21 to 5-ish) is a sure sign the dodorex (message) is not coming. What fixed it for me was:

1. Turn off the server
  2. Start the server with no event ( -ActiveEvent=None ) and respawn wild dinos. NOTE! This will delete all scarecrows, stolen headstones and pumpkins (but not bones)
  3. Turn off the server
  4. Start the server with the event (probably could remove ActiveEvent, but I run with -ActiveEvent=FearEvolved) and respawn wild dinos

That fixes it for me! Requires you to be on a non-official server though. If you're on official, I don't know what to do, maybe file a report?

Last update fixed it ( started the spawn again )

official ???

Archived