Have YOU seen the dodorex?

Cowgirl

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, caleb68 said:

The Dodowyvern always was by my account, being it has almost double the hp as the Dodorex per level.

They both have same hp increase per lvl. The thing that makes dodo wyvern more challenging is that it spawns as lvl 15 instead 1 like dodorex. And its harder to munch on gigas.

With the dino power creep going on at officials they should have upped the stats on both of them.  

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

Anyone found a relation between meteors and his location ? On our server , they are always falling in carno island area and none seen the damn chicken 

They fall in the area of where it is but not the exact location. Yesterday I had them falling towards Carno island but it wasn't on the island it was near the mountain just on the other side of the water.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

They fall in the area of where it is but not the exact location. Yesterday I had them falling towards Carno island but it wasn't on the island it was near the mountain just on the other side of the water.

I think that might just be coincidence, I've had the Dodorex show up nowhere near the direction of the meteors.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

I think that might just be coincidence, I've had the Dodorex show up nowhere near the direction of the meteors.

It's happened every time for me. When the fire balls start coming down they come down everywhere, but when midnight hits they change towards the area of the DodoRex. I've seen it happen at least 5 times so far and not once was it different.

does the dodorex is here message come up when he appears? and meteor only appears when it spawns?

apparently on my server every night is meteor night and there's never been any dodorex is here message, or dodorex has left message

we're beginning to think the dodorex never left

we get candy corn every night too not just dodo nights

14 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

does the dodorex is here message come up when he appears? and meteor only appears when it spawns?

apparently on my server every night is meteor night and there's never been any dodorex is here message, or dodorex has left message

we're beginning to think the dodorex never left

we get candy corn every night too not just dodo nights

Every three nights the message shows up at exactly midnight and then he should be on the map.  There also seems to be a glitch though where the dodorex can stay on the map if he sits in a zone no player enters during the despawn time around 8ish.  I've ran into it on nights where it wasn't a blood moon, but it still despawns in the morning if the area is active.

43 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Every three nights the message shows up at exactly midnight and then he should be on the map.  There also seems to be a glitch though where the dodorex can stay on the map if he sits in a zone no player enters during the despawn time around 8ish.  I've ran into it on nights where it wasn't a blood moon, but it still despawns in the morning if the area is active.

still have its bgm tho? otherwise how you know about him being there? pure luck and a heart of steel?

18 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

still have its bgm tho? otherwise how you know about him being there? pure luck and a heart of steel?

Bad luck in my opinion I heard the Halloween bgm and seen a notification that my berry bronto just got dunked on by the Dodorex.  It was near 5 am so the jerk despawned before I could actually kill him.

Sooo , new problem : After we kill him , ( just before update) , since server cameback  online , DodoRex haven’t spawned anymore ( 4 hours passed already ) . 
moon animation , check 

meteors , check 

message of spawning , ..... 0 

is it possible we can only kill him once per server ?  Or update broken spawn ? 

thoughts? 

35 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

Sooo , new problem : After we kill him , ( just before update) , since server cameback  online , DodoRex haven’t spawned anymore ( 4 hours passed already ) . 
moon animation , check 

meteors , check 

message of spawning , ..... 0 

is it possible we can only kill him once per server ?  Or update broken spawn ? 

thoughts? 

Probably a glitch, it doesnt mention removing him from the event in the notes

Current Version: v300.1 - 10/24/19

• Fixed overspawn on Valguero and Ragnarok
  • Fixed weird foliage appearing on TheCenter map
  • Fixed issue that caused items (Pumpkin, Scarecrow, and Stolen Gravestone) to disappear
  • Fixed issue with Headless Mask and taxidermy

2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Probably a glitch, it doesnt mention removing him from the event in the notes

Current Version: v300.1 - 10/24/19

• Fixed overspawn on Valguero and Ragnarok
  • Fixed weird foliage appearing on TheCenter map
  • Fixed issue that caused items (Pumpkin, Scarecrow, and Stolen Gravestone) to disappear
  • Fixed issue with Headless Mask and taxidermy

on restart our island server announced he had arrived the first time, and announced he had left, and  ever sense then there hasn't been one announcement of him arriving or leaving, no ones been able to find him either.

42 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

on restart our island server announced he had arrived the first time, and announced he had left, and  ever sense then there hasn't been one announcement of him arriving or leaving, no ones been able to find him either.

Probably a glitch IDK, unless people were using him to troll too hard so they removed him. A couple years ago they did it so that he did not spawn wild but you could summon him tamed.

15 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Probably a glitch IDK, unless people were using him to troll too hard so they removed him. A couple years ago they did it so that he did not spawn wild but you could summon him tamed.

that would be a disappointment if they removed him, we've been living in fear that he may spawn at our base, keeping us edgy and on our toes every night, but if he's disabled, that just futher kills the excitement of fear evolved.  were already not getting any bats or spiders on the maps which is a disappointment in itself.  two servers have been constantly crashing because of the over spawns, one of them (valguero) is still experiencing over spawns and its even updated to 300.1 and crashing again because of it.   The only time i've really found any bone dino's feeling more like a 'fear evolved' event was when the island server restarted after the patch.  I found 3x as many bones at that point then i had sense the game had started, sadly even that was short lived, people are once again not finding bone dinos.

I'm hoping it gets better but so far its been a letdown.  least I was able to get the 3 emotes with the bones from the previous 2 days and when the island restarted for my main character.  I really get a laugh out of panic, works while your sitting, crouched, riding a dino, its just too funny, hadn't tried it on a bed yet.

Tip - For those who like emotes, if you don't know while you have the emote window open you can press [ or ] to bind a emote to either one while hovering over that emote so you can fire them off quicker.  just don't tap the key too fast or it will think your wanting to reassign it and show you the emote wheel.

Archived