Some tips and info for the snow cave

Index154

-You'll need a lot of people (Me and my tribe went in with 6 people and 4 made it to the artifact, the other 2 didn't have sleeping bags in the cave and couldn't get back in because stuff had respawned)

-Take dimorphodons with you! (And every player carries one on their shoulder to deal extra damage) +(for every dimo you take in you'll be able to grab an extra artifact)

-Don't rush it, go in slowly, always plan ahead

-Take resources for crafting sleeping bags on the go with you (pre-crafted are too heavy) and place one every now and then

-The water in the cave hurts you when you touch it and there's tons of piranhas so just stay away from it

-You'll definitely need some custom recipe consumables to heal you (we had dodo/compy egg drinks which refill 300 health over time. You'll also need some for food), also some medical brews and blood bags maybe

-Take multiple instances of fria curry with you (helps against the cold a bit)

-You'll need at least one backup set of armor

-Bear traps and spike walls are useful

-Shotguns, pikes, crossbows, maybe also pistols (We all had about 400 arrows and 150 shotgun bullets each)

-The cave is really long (Took us like 2 hours to complete it)

-Consider using mindwipe tonics to rearrange your stats

-Shoot enemies from where they can't hit you

-Run in circles to not get caught by bats

-We didn't use them but grappling hooks are probably also a good idea (especially for getting some of the loot crates as they are in the deadly water or on weird rocks)

I don't know what kind of armor is best yet. We all had flak, the cold is not much of a problem in there, with the custom consumables you can regenerate your health. But maybe fur armor works too. We just didn't want to farm all the fur for that and we had a bunch of flak just laying around. (Most of it was apprentice) 

When we did the cave a second time we had about 20 dimorphodons with us. 8 of them died in the whole process but they were a great help. They kill the wolves and bats easily but the yetis are a bit more dangerous. We only had about 5 player deaths and got some awesome loot (ascendant doedic saddle, mastercraft and journeyman fur gear) along with about a dozen more artifacts. Took us a ton of bullets again though.

I have to say doing the cave was so much fun, every high level player should have at least tried it!

I don't know much about the swamp cave yet, except that you supposedly need scuba mask, tank and pants and ghillie gloves and shoes. The other gear is probably pretty similar except that you'll need some stimulants and that other soup which helps against heat instead of cold, I guess. And the swamp cave is not as long but more maze-like.

Sorry for the wall of text :P

1 hour ago, ARowz said:

I go in that cave solo with some flak, a stack of level 90 crafted consumables (100 food, 60 HP, 80 stam), a crossbow with stone arrows and a pike.  At the artifact in 5 minutes, out in 5 minutes.  This is on an official PvP server.  You're really trying way too hard here man.  When bats attack, put your back against a wall, crouch, and aim up with a pike.  Granted I use a 160% journeyman pike and my melee is 250% and HP 350.... but bats die in like 2 pikes. 

No comment on the drops.  I'm not crazy enough to make any of those jumps with all the lag.  The artifact is really close to the entrance if you know where you're going.

Good to know 

Archived