Why Ark Mobile is dying....

Usuallyafk

**I have added a bit more to a version of this I posted on the official Ark Mobile Reddit**

I really wanted to make a very thorough statement on this, but there is just so many bugs, it would take hours to type. For anyone curious why the medium pvp servers died. I played Ark on PC for 3 years, all DLCs. Not something I am boasting, but simply a background of my Ark "experience". I am also completely aware this is "just a game". With that being said, this is what I have see going on with it.

Endless exploits not being fixed, with over a year to do so. "Glitched dinos" Manipulation of dino stats (every large tribe/pvp youtuber uses them). Exploited dino users not punished, just the dinos deleted (many legitimate dinos also get deleted). TEK Gun shooting through single walled structures breaking everything (not like this on PC Ark) Underwater caves being completely unviable with Tusoteuthis attacking through the walls (Jordan said is allowed lol), Floating structures being allowed in the game for so long (global ban on PC Ark). Told floating structures would be changed/removed ect & they can still be made a different way. Meshing every god damn part of the map. Exploit with getting infinite amber and gold collars. Vaults decay and break unless dropped on the ground and wait(IE: Vaults in base on foundations are not working properly). Tapejaras take almost no damage soaking entire large bases(not like this on PC). There is so many more but I'll quit there.

As far as non exploits, but devastating gameplay bugs go. After about 20 min. or so of consistent gameplay, structures & dinos stop rendering correctly (very very bad glitches possible at this point, maybe I should not list them?) Unbelievable amount of lag and game crashing (newest devices/lowest settings ect. doesn't matter). Only Ambient audio half of the time. Alarm tower does not work for most players (offline push notifications). In game shop forced open when opening absolutely any inventory (not a bug, purposely added I was told by wardrum). Extremely lackluster shop items, skins ect. (My opinon). Guns having a double reload animation for no reason at all. Zoom option very poorly done and always zooms in and out on it's own. Many more, but that's enough on this subject.

Some quick game features that were not added/changed from PC Ark and I feel really dampen the gameplay dramatically. The huge build up to the release of TEK and many of the TEK items having no functionality like PC Ark. No boss fights, which I imagine has something to do with what mobile devices can/can't handle? Many artifact caves are missing, including the best ones. (Both underwater caves) Ancestral Line feature not being added, where you can see all mutations to your dino bloodlines (this is the most baffling one). Again....many more to list, but that is enough.

This post comes after playing the game for over a year and just not seeing anything done to fix the exploits. I have lost bases with definitive proof of exploitation, the offenders admitting it and boasting about it, to have wardrum still do nothing. The game is only still online because of the massive amount of Asian players on all server regions/types. I have voiced many ways I believe some of the exploits could be fixed to wardrum, but I never hear back.

From being in Marketing I understand the need to make money and core aspects of the game are altered while doing so. With that being said the pay 2 win turret (eerie turret) truly destroyed the core pvp gameplay as you can't soak a base like PC Ark. Therefore everyone uses only 2 dinos to raid large bases. Quetzals and Tapejaras.

As these forums are very inactive & most of the remaining player base uses the ark mobile discord (very toxic, nothing is answered), I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears. I hope everyone still finds a way to enjoy the game, but at this point all I see is a sinking ship desperately grabbing every penny it can on the way down.

**please dont ask how the exploits are done, I'm sure they would love to ban me for saying how**

All I struggle with are the game crashes, and that alone makes me extremely frustrated with Ark. I can't fly for 2 minutes straight with my bird on a PvE or PvP server without my game crashing a few times. So then I come back to find out that my bird is getting attacked by therizinos or sabers and then I have to go into a huge brawl that I never planned.

And no, it's not because of storage problems or anything, I have over 15 GB left. And I already tried the hard reset way and it didn't work. Apparently someone told me it was because I play on a 6th generation iPad and that I should upgrade to a newer version.

I don't think it is worth it to buy a new device that might cost up to 500$ just because Ark cannot be compatible with a relatively new version of an iPad. Apparently my iPad came out in 2018, so that wouldn't make sense.

So yeah, this is my problem with mobile ark

20 minutes ago, TypicalArkGamer said:

Todo lo que son lucha con el juego se bloquea, y que solo me hace extremadamente frustrado con Ark. No puedo volar durante 2 minutos seguidos con mi pájaro en un PvE o PvP servidor sin mi juego estrellarse un par de veces. Así entonces volver a descubrir que mi pájaro se está atacado por therizinos o sables y luego tengo que ir a una enorme pelea que nunca se había planeado.

Y no, no es debido a los problemas de almacenamiento o nada, tengo más de 15 GB de la izquierda. Y yo ya probé la forma restablecimiento completo y no funcionó. Al parecer, alguien me dijo que era porque juego en una sexta generación del iPad y que debería actualizar a una versión más reciente.

Creo que no vale la pena comprar un nuevo dispositivo que podría costar hasta 500 $ sólo porque Arca no puede ser compatible con una relativamente nueva versión de un iPad. Al parecer, mi iPad salió en 2018, por lo que no tendría sentido.

Así que sí, esta es mi problema arca móvil

siempre puedes comprar un buen android aunque supongo que estas costumbrado a ios. aun asi a este juego le hace falta mucha optimizacion.

4 hours ago, TypicalArkGamer said:

I don't think it is worth it to buy a new device that might cost up to 500$ just because Ark cannot be compatible with a relatively new version of an iPad. Apparently my iPad came out in 2018, so that wouldn't make sense.

I started on an Samsung s8+ phone when Ark Mobile was released. Hoping the game would atleast improve somewhat when I upgraded to the s10+. Unfortunately, virtually no noticeable difference. I also have the Galaxy Tab S6, same results on everything.

Also, I don't know if you watch any of the ark mobile Youtubers ever, but when they stream/upload videos of them playing ect. They constantly crash. Kamz25 & Iguana Gaming, their content is PVE focused but pretty entertaining in their own right. Either way they are both partnered with Wardrum I believe? You can see them getting very frustrated with the lag and crashing though regardless.

39 minutes ago, GigaSpino said:

I gotta agree, EERIE TURRETS KILLED ARK MOBILE. Heavy turrets need to be added, it can be a end game rare BP. But tbh eerie turrets r the biggest joke in ark

They just crippled any use of the soaking dinosaurs the game was designed around using to drain bullets. Alpha tribes or even large tribes outside of volcano never even get attacked simply because of the eerie turret. Heavy turrets is the first big thing people excitingly strive for on PC, because of the difference they make. It gives a feeling of progression.

Eerie turrets should obviously have dramatically reduced damage. Another alternative would be a pause in their shooting after so many seconds. An overheating or something, like TEK guns. The idea that you just pay $20 and get access to infinite ammo on your entire base essentially, is just......unimaginative.

6 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

I started on an Samsung s8+ phone when Ark Mobile was released. Hoping the game would atleast improve somewhat when I upgraded to the s10+. Unfortunately, virtually no noticeable difference. I also have the Galaxy Tab S6, same results on everything.

Also, I don't know if you watch any of the ark mobile Youtubers ever, but when they stream/upload videos of them playing ect. They constantly crash. Kamz25 & Iguana Gaming, their content is PVE focused but pretty entertaining in their own right. Either way they are both partnered with Wardrum I believe? You can see them getting very frustrated with the lag and crashing though regardless.

Sorry, but I can‘t agree with that. I‘m also making videos with the Epic-Mode on, and the game crashes very very rare. It‘s on how fast all the stuff must be rendered, and if the CPU can‘t handle that, then the game crashes.

I play on the iPad Air 3.Generation, and the game is running pretty smooth.

Kamz is playing on the iPad 2018 Version and there I agree, with that iPad, I had also very often game crahes based on rendering,  because when I rushed through the map on my griffin, then the game crashes constantly.

@XaosResI have heard the game does run better on Apple devices in general. All of my comments are composed of many countless players experiencing the same thing. But if you experience no lag/crashing I am genuinely pleased and happy for you, as not many experience this. Unfortunately if this was the only issue, I would have never voiced our frustrations to begin with.

16 hours ago, MAKAKO said:

siempre puedes comprar un buen android aunque supongo que estas costumbrado a ios. aun asi a este juego le hace falta mucha optimizacion.

Traduciste lo que escribi o lla viene aci para ti? Hay unos cuantos errores con la traducion pero esta bien.

Y llo no uso android y no conosco tanto sobre el. Pero si tienes unas buenas versiones seria bueno que me dijieras para que sepa llo y lo investige. 
Gracias

8 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

@XaosResI have heard the game does run better on Apple devices in general. All of my comments are composed of many countless players experiencing the same thing. But if you experience no lag/crashing I am genuinely pleased and happy for you, as not many experience this. Unfortunately if this was the only issue, I would have never voiced our frustrations to begin with.

I know very well, that it can be very frustrating to play a game you like, when there are many bugs, crashes, inconveniences and so on.

Many players ask for more content, maps etc.

But the mobile version isn‘t made for that, yet now many tablets can‘t handle the game correctly.

I would rather play a game with fewer content and it runs smoothly, than a content overloaded game, which can only run on very few tablets which will frustrate many gamers, because not everyone can buy the best tablet.

I like ark (I never played it on PC or Console) (I‘m too old now), one of the best mobile survival games yet...and I hope, that it won‘t be abandoned in near future. I played Radation Island before but this game was too short, and the content was rather limited.

Explain a little, why you play Ark on mobile, when you love to play it on PC? Isn‘t it a little paradoxic to play a very good game on mobile, when it could never reach the peak of any other version. If I had ever played it on PC, I would never play it on mobile, because on mobile everything is limited at some point.

P.S. Please don‘t look on my writing style, English isn‘t my first language.

Not a problem at all. As I said, all my friends on my server are korean and I use translation software so it's not issue. You're completely coherent. 

Really not a complex answer. I am 32, no spring chicken lol. I have many responsibilities now and I travel quite often for work. So sitting at my desktop for hours is not even remotely possible at this point. Sorry wish it was a more interesting reason.

On 23/10/2019 at 9:33 AM, TypicalArkGamer said:

Traduciste lo que escribi o lla viene aci para ti? Hay unos cuantos errores con la traducion pero esta bien.

Y llo no uso android y no conosco tanto sobre el. Pero si tienes unas buenas versiones seria bueno que me dijieras para que sepa llo y lo investige. 
Gracias

si lo traduje. lo de mi comentario era para que tuvieras un buen telefono a un menor precio. Yo juego ark en un note 8 y me va genial en servers y en solitario.

aun asi el problema debe ser con el juego que le falta un pelin mas de optimizacion. a mi me da un crasheo aleatoria rara vez. y uno casi seguro si entro al mar hacia una cueva con muchas estructuras dentro (solo me ha pasado en servers ya que no lo he probado en solitario). Me imagino que, aparte de cargar el mapa afuera del agua, cuando se hace la carga de objetos debajo, se me crashea solo si hay estructuras. eso solo me pasa de afuera hacia adentro. si lo hago al reves no pasa nada.

en cuanto a los android, compara  especs y reseñas de canales confiables. un buen snapdragon, unos 8 nucleos, 6 de RAM y al menos una velocidad promedio de los nucleos de 2.0 ghz para que te vaya muy bien. 

si encuentras alguno me puedes decir y te puedo ayudar.

15 hours ago, MAKAKO said:

si lo traduje. lo de mi comentario era para que tuvieras un buen telefono a un menor precio. Yo juego ark en un note 8 y me va genial en servers y en solitario.

aun asi el problema debe ser con el juego que le falta un pelin mas de optimizacion. a mi me da un crasheo aleatoria rara vez. y uno casi seguro si entro al mar hacia una cueva con muchas estructuras dentro (solo me ha pasado en servers ya que no lo he probado en solitario). Me imagino que, aparte de cargar el mapa afuera del agua, cuando se hace la carga de objetos debajo, se me crashea solo si hay estructuras. eso solo me pasa de afuera hacia adentro. si lo hago al reves no pasa nada.

en cuanto a los android, compara  especs y reseñas de canales confiables. un buen snapdragon, unos 8 nucleos, 6 de RAM y al menos una velocidad promedio de los nucleos de 2.0 ghz para que te vaya muy bien. 

si encuentras alguno me puedes decir y te puedo ayudar.

Ok gracias!

Archived