What are Dumb Things That You Have Done in Ark?

TypicalArkGamer

What are Dumb Things That You Have Done in Ark?

So hey wassup guys! I have played Ark for at least a year now and I still keep messing up. Obviously nobody's perfect but I somehow just keep doing the same mess ups all over again ?
To keep this post short I'm just gonna say the most recent mess up that I had (which was yeterday).

So basically it was like midnight and I was still up with my iPad playing Ark (I faked sleep when my mom came to my room so she wouldn't catch me playing at such a late hour) and just suddenly decided to tame a doedec since I'm moving locations so I can have enough stone to build my base. So I prepared everything (except kibble cause I still don't have a greenhouse to grow vegetables) including mejoberries, narcotics, and trank arrows. I also decided to buy a minor soothing balm just because doedecs take forever to tame with mejos and because it was alreday late and I wanted to go to sleep.

So I went out, spent about 30 minutes looking for a good level one, and finally came across a level 28 (I play on an easy server where max wild animal level is 30). So I tranked it and started feeding it mejoberries. Everything was going fine until I noticed I had forgot to do something important....I DIDN'T APPLY THE SOOTHING BALM!!!

So immediatley I applied it but by the time it had gone to 93.7% effectiveness and lost 4 levels ?

If I had applied it since the beginning it would had already been tamed (MSB gives 3x taming and it was around 1/3 of the way tamed) and it wouldn't had lost any levels. And the worst case of all I was going to use him for mutations.

But yeah, that's only 1 in a million storys that I have. If you have any dumb stuff that you did to share than you can comment below!

So have fun playing Ark!

1 hour ago, ShadowKrio said:

I feel you, but with more.
how do you think I feel...
TAMING 5 MAMMOTHS IN A ROW, ALL TO BE RUINED BY F#^@ING WOLVES?!?!?!?!?!

and that is only one of the many taming stories I have...

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Dang, and I do believe mammoths take a really long time to tame don't they?

Oh and by the way the doedec i tamed got killed by a theri while i was offline about 2 days ago ? So it was all for nothing.

But i guess I can look for another and actually remember the soothing balm

Setting out to tame something, then realising I haven't brought any gear with me.
Go back and collect some gear, set out again.
Forgot food/kibble.
Go back again...  set out again.
Find a desirable dino, look it up on Dododex.  Realise more tranqs are needed.
Go back for more...

Realise I've wasted 30 minutes achieving nothing and give up for the night.

Just now, Larkfields said:

Setting out to tame something, then realising I haven't brought any gear with me.
Go back and collect some gear, set out again.
Forgot food/kibble.
Go back again...  set out again.
Find a desirable dino, look it up on Dododex.  Realise more tranqs are needed.
Go back for more...

Realise I've wasted 30 minutes achieving nothing and give up for the night.

This has happened to me so many times. Well except for the forgetting enough tranks part because i always carry like 200 tranks on me (I have forgotten to bring narcotics though). But yeah sometimes i have to make 3 or 4 trips back to my base just because I forgot something ?

Usually it's the kibble or the narcotics, i blame those two for all my problems. 
But yeah, i do this so much times that I find it normal now (well, unless if im on a hurry, which i slam the wall next to me or my iPad). And the funny thing is is that i always try to check if i have everything, and when i go off, i find out that i completely forgot about the kibble and then feel all stupid. Yep that's normal for me

I’ve played for quite a long time, and I’ve done plenty of stupid stuff. One continuous thing I probably shouldn’t be doing is jumping off cliffs and buildings. I do that WAY more than I should, and while I haven’t died yet, I’ve certainly come close. It sure beats getting down the long way, though.

I, regrettably, also forgot to feed my baby Giga, resulting in his death. He was almost juvenile, too. 

I forget various foods, weapons, items,  and dinos I need to complete tasks. I forget the walls when I go across the map to build a base. I forget food to tame dinos. I forget my sword when I want to run a cave, or my gun when I just left my base to hunt. I forget to mount the Dino I was going to use to hunt or travel with. I forget to bring meat/berries with me when I go to claim the baby Dino that just hatched. Sometimes I forget that a baby was even due to hatch, and I find its dead corpse in the nursery. I forget my fur armor when I go to the snow region. I forget my good armor when I’m fighting something. Etc, etc, etc.

I sometimes travel across the map and when I reach my destination, I’ve forgotten what I had intended to do. Usually I go back to my base, and THEN I remember what I was gonna do and I have to go ALL the way back.

6 minutes ago, Mythical said:

I’ve played for quite a long time, and I’ve done plenty of stupid stuff. One continuous thing I probably shouldn’t be doing is jumping off cliffs and buildings. I do that WAY more than I should, and while I haven’t died yet, I’ve certainly come close. It sure beats getting down the long way, though.

I, regrettably, also forgot to feed my baby Giga, resulting in his death. He was almost juvenile, too. 

I forget various foods, weapons, items,  and dinos I need to complete tasks. I forget the walls when I go across the map to build a base. I forget food to tame dinos. I forget my sword when I want to run a cave, or my gun when I just left my base to hunt. I forget to mount the Dino I was going to use to hunt or travel with. I forget to bring meat/berries with me when I go to claim the baby Dino that just hatched. Sometimes I forget that a baby was even due to hatch, and I find its dead corpse in the nursery. I forget my fur armor when I go to the snow region. I forget my good armor when I’m fighting something. Etc, etc, etc.

I sometimes travel across the map and when I reach my destination, I’ve forgotten what I had intended to do. Usually I go back to my base, and THEN I remember what I was gonna do and I have to go ALL the way back.

Dang that's a lot of 'forgets'. Im guessing that's the most common mistake most people make. I 'forgot' to do this or i 'forgot' to do that.

But uhhhh.....i wouldn't think that jumping off buildings could turn addictive. I for one try to avoid being at the edge of tall places (both in ark and in real life). Not that i havent fallen of high places off course. I've actually died many times because i accidentally dismount of my bird while flying. Since tapping and holding makes me dismount, this has happened to many times ?.

I also lost a level 240 something baby theri cause i forgot that he even existed. Found him dead right besides his theri mom. Dang she must really hate me now. But hey, she should've fed him. She was her mom after all right?

So yeah, guess that's all

I’ve had quite a few hassles with taming animals, as well. Back when I didn’t know the game very well (and I still played in Single Player), I distinctly recall my quest to tame a Parasaur. I vividly remember the disaster. 
I didn’t know what a bola was, so I was basically hunting one down and chasing it across the island with a slingshot. I failed many times, but eventually I knocked one out. My hands were literally shaking from the adrenaline of the pursuit. As I was feeding it berries, I see the “dangerous area” pop up in the top right of my screen. I start panicking and looking for the threat as this MASSIVE creature bursts through the foliage (it was a Carno, but I had never seen one. The most dangerous thing I had encountered was a dilo). But it didn’t go for me, it started eating my Parasaur! The Carno killed it in one bite. Furious, I stab the killer with my spear as it eats the Parasaur’s corpse. In my livid fit of rage, I ended up killing the Carno, and it had a bunch of loot in its inventory. I was proud, but it took me a while to actually tame a Parasaur.

A while later, after I’d tamed a raptor (and discovered what a bola was), I recall my fascination with tapejaras. I tried three times to tame one, and each failed miserably. The first time, I successfully captured one with a bola, whacked it unconscious with my fabulous journeyman club, and was feeding it. Then, out of nowhere, three raptors came and killed my tapejara! I furiously stabbed them with my spears (my weapon of choice) and killed them all. After the span of about 3 days, I tried to tame one again. Same spot, knocked it out,  and the raptors came again. I was one step ahead, though. As I was killing them, I accidentally stabbed my tapejara and killed it. I didn’t try again for about a week. I was exploring on a pteranodon, when I came across a beautiful tapejara. I pull out my bola, capture it, and knock it out. As it was eating, a rex (first time I’d ever seen one. I was terrified) emerged through the trees and killed the tapejara. In a fit of panic, I grabbed the tapejara’s implant, mounted my ptera, and flew away to the green beacon. I revived the tapejara and it flew away before I could bola it. 
A while later, I was headed north on my ptera (I was around far’s peak) and I caught sight of the most gorgeous tapejara I had ever seen. All black, save for the little white patch on his crest. I chased it high in the sky, then waited for forever for it to come down. My game crashed, I fell of my ptera, and I died. As I was making my way back to the spot of my death, I discovered a new creature: the Argentavis. I forgot about the tapejara and went to go try and tame that. The end.

I’ve also had a megalosaurus I revived at the green beacon run away, fall off the edge, and drown. And, just a week ago, I revived an eerie rex at the red beacon. He followed me and fell of the edge into the water. I spent a good 15 minutes coaxing him onto dry land, he almost drowned, and then he attacked a dimorphodon. R.I.P. the rex. I was furious. So I revived him at the blue beacon and almost ran out of food to feed him!

Wow, sorry for the long wall of text.

2 minutes ago, Mythical said:

I’ve had quite a few hassles with taming animals, as well. Back when I didn’t know the game very well (and I still played in Single Player), I distinctly recall my quest to tame a Parasaur. I vividly remember the disaster. 
I didn’t know what a bola was, so I was basically hunting one down and chasing it across the island with a slingshot. I failed many times, but eventually I knocked one out. My hands were literally shaking from the adrenaline of the pursuit. As I was feeding it berries, I see the “dangerous area” pop up in the top right of my screen. I start panicking and looking for the threat as this MASSIVE creature bursts through the foliage (it was a Carno, but I had never seen one. The most dangerous thing I had encountered was a dilo). But it didn’t go for me, it started eating my Parasaur! The Carno killed it in one bite. Furious, I stab the killer with my spear as it eats the Parasaur’s corpse. In my livid fit of rage, I ended up killing the Carno, and it had a bunch of loot in its inventory. I was proud, but it took me a while to actually tame a Parasaur.

A while later, after I’d tamed a raptor (and discovered what a bola was), I recall my fascination with tapejaras. I tried three times to tame one, and each failed miserably. The first time, I successfully captured one with a bola, whacked it unconscious with my fabulous journeyman club, and was feeding it. Then, out of nowhere, three raptors came and killed my tapejara! I furiously stabbed them with my spears (my weapon of choice) and killed them all. After the span of about 3 days, I tried to tame one again. Same spot, knocked it out,  and the raptors came again. I was one step ahead, though. As I was killing them, I accidentally stabbed my tapejara and killed it. I didn’t try again for about a week. I was exploring on a pteranodon, when I came across a beautiful tapejara. I pull out my bola, capture it, and knock it out. As it was eating, a rex (first time I’d ever seen one. I was terrified) emerged through the trees and killed the tapejara. In a fit of panic, I grabbed the tapejara’s implant, mounted my ptera, and flew away to the green beacon. I revived the tapejara and it flew away before I could bola it. 
A while later, I was headed north on my ptera (I was around far’s peak) and I caught sight of the most gorgeous tapejara I had ever seen. All black, save for the little white patch on his crest. I chased it high in the sky, then waited for forever for it to come down. My game crashed, I fell of my ptera, and I died. As I was making my way back to the spot of my death, I discovered a new creature: the Argentavis. I forgot about the tapejara and went to go try and tame that. The end.

I’ve also had a megalosaurus I revived at the green beacon run away, fall off the edge, and drown. And, just a week ago, I revived an eerie rex at the red beacon. He followed me and fell of the edge into the water. I spent a good 15 minutes coaxing him onto dry land, he almost drowned, and then he attacked a dimorphodon. R.I.P. the rex. I was furious. So I revived him at the blue beacon and almost ran out of food to feed him!

Lol tapejaras are my favorite animals in the game! Especially since they can come in extremely beautiful colors and once tamed it can have many uses.

They would be extremely easy to tame if it weren't for the fact that they fly away from you. And i have lost many unconscious tapejaras to raptors and sebertooths. I lost a completely white one to a carno and one with purple and pink designs to a pack of raptors.

What I do now is bring spikes with me so once knocked down i can put them around the tapejara, haven't lost one ever since

Taming a pack of moschops thinking they would protect me.

Using a lvl30 frog to do the swamp cave. i actually did it twice before it died surprisingly.

also forgetting to set my tapa on passive when i was taming

the giga was just able to nip him on the ledge poor thing was one of my favourites and had a mastercraft saddle.

It’s not something I’ve done, but a hilarious bug that happened the other day is quite dumb. I was in the swamp looking for a sarco, when I see a kapro launch at something (I think either a diplocaulus or a phiomia) and it completely flew straight up into the world height barrier. I could barely even see it!

On 10/26/2019 at 8:45 PM, SpinoDestroyer13 said:

It’s not something I’ve done, but a hilarious bug that happened the other day is quite dumb. I was in the swamp looking for a sarco, when I see a kapro launch at something (I think either a diplocaulus or a phiomia) and it completely flew straight up into the world height barrier. I could barely even see it!

Lol i wish i had seen that XD.

That dude must have pissed himself as he saw himself as the first ever space croc! Or maybe he just tried to eat an alien or something.

Did he come back down? Or did he decide he would prey on the aliens instead of diplos and phiomas?

On 10/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, Toadtamer said:

Taming a pack of moschops thinking they would protect me.

Using a lvl30 frog to do the swamp cave. i actually did it twice before it died surprisingly.

also forgetting to set my tapa on passive when i was taming

the giga was just able to nip him on the ledge poor thing was one of my favourites and had a mastercraft saddle.

Yeah moschops are cowards, even when set on neutral. I tamed a level 300 and it came out as level 400 and something. I upgraded his melee so he could gather more stuff and defend himself. He had over 400% melee and i was pretty happy with that. So i set him on wandering

But then i saw that he got attacked by a dilo and he started running away. I was pretty confused because i was pretty sure i had put him on neutral. So i ran after him and killed the dilo. I checked him out and saw that he was on neutral. So why did he run away and not fight back?

I thought that maybe he was glitched out or something so i decided to put him in passive then back on neutral. Maybe that fixes everything. So a little bit later my trike got attacked by 3 raptors. And the moschops instead of running in to help the trike decided to run away. I was pretty pissed at him and ran after him. When i caught up to my moschops i put him to follow me and brought him back to base.

The trike had easily taken care of the raptors, but that was no excuse for my moschops. He was still in trouble with me.

So then i decided to search it up and see if my game was glitched or something. And then i saw it on the wiki....Moschops are cowards that will run away even if set on neutral. 
F u moschops.

But yeah, at the end he got killed by a theri ?

8 hours ago, TypicalArkGamer said:

Yeah moschops are cowards, even when set on neutral. I tamed a level 300 and it came out as level 400 and something. I upgraded his melee so he could gather more stuff and defend himself. He had over 400% melee and i was pretty happy with that. So i set him on wandering

But then i saw that he got attacked by a dilo and he started running away. I was pretty confused because i was pretty sure i had put him on neutral. So i ran after him and killed the dilo. I checked him out and saw that he was on neutral. So why did he run away and not fight back?

I thought that maybe he was glitched out or something so i decided to put him in passive then back on neutral. Maybe that fixes everything. So a little bit later my trike got attacked by 3 raptors. And the moschops instead of running in to help the trike decided to run away. I was pretty pissed at him and ran after him. When i caught up to my moschops i put him to follow me and brought him back to base.

The trike had easily taken care of the raptors, but that was no excuse for my moschops. He was still in trouble with me.

So then i decided to search it up and see if my game was glitched or something. And then i saw it on the wiki....Moschops are cowards that will run away even if set on neutral. 
F u moschops.

But yeah, at the end he got killed by a theri ?

I recall, a very long time ago, that my first ever tame was a moschops. ARK: Mobile very young, maybe a couple of months old. I started out on the little island with the big rock forming a “tent” shape in the Southern Islets. One day I decided to explore and cross the river. Being level 4, it wasn’t a bright idea. Megapirannah swarmed my moschops and I, and he bravely fought them off and died while I was respawning. When I decided to tame one again, in the far future, I was betrayed when it ran away in the face of danger. But I recently figured out that they can gather a lot of stuff for you, which is why I keep one around.

Usually I bring tons of Tranqs around with me. And narcotics, or bio toxin. One time I rode my argy towards the redwoods, I found a 110 quetz, I thought I had it in the bag, so it’s torpor was really low, then I realised I hadn’t been watching my stamina. I had to land miles away from the ground, it took a minute to reload stamina, then I headed back up. AND IT WAS GONE.

5 hours ago, BeadyH said:

Usually I bring tons of Tranqs around with me. And narcotics, or bio toxin. One time I rode my argy towards the redwoods, I found a 110 quetz, I thought I had it in the bag, so it’s torpor was really low, then I realised I hadn’t been watching my stamina. I had to land miles away from the ground, it took a minute to reload stamina, then I headed back up. AND IT WAS GONE.

I have only tamed one quetzal with an argy. It's where i flew up to the quetzal, jumped of my argy and quickly grappled hook to him. Then i whistle my argy to attack the quetzal and i start shooting it.

This way the argy doesn't use up stamina because you're not riding it. Sure it's a pain in the ass to aim and you might miss more than half of your shots (my case) but at least stamina isn't an issue and when the quetzal is knocked down then whistle your argy to passive, reeled up to my argy, mounted him and went of to find the knocked out quetzal. 
When i got to him i put spiked walls around him to protect against enemies and then tamed him up.

After that i tamed a griffin so it became way easier

On 10/28/2019 at 9:13 PM, TypicalArkGamer said:

Lol i wish i had seen that XD.

That dude must have pissed himself as he saw himself as the first ever space croc! Or maybe he just tried to eat an alien or something.

Did he come back down? Or did he decide he would prey on the aliens instead of diplos and phiomas?

Yeah, after around 30s he decided he couldn’t breathe in space air.

Archived