The real thing that ruins ark

Allorex216

On 10/22/2019 at 11:39 AM, covenantgrunt said:

It is true, most of the toxicity surrounding ark community on forum, reddit, steam etc come from people who hate pvp. Rather than pvpers themselves who generally tend to be level headed. The saltiest players and most toxic trolls i met on officials were beach bobs. Megatribe players generally follow a certain code of honor. They are lawful evil if you like, once you understand how megas operate you can deal with them as neutral parties or even allies. 

You obviously dont spend much time reading ark social media. 90% of the whining / toxicity is from PVP players. 

34 minutes ago, d1nk said:

You obviously dont spend much time reading ark social media. 90% of the whining / toxicity is from PVP players. 

I only play PvE, so it does seem like it is the PvP players, but I just think this is my small window into the player community that makes it look this way. I most often have  trouble with a PvP player that for some reason decides to play on a PvE server. It seems that they often can't stop playing in the style they play the most. So that PvP player blocks other players from resources, is very competitive and otherwise just annoying on a PvE server.

On a PvP server, you will likely see a few PvE players that shouldn't be there. The typical PvP player will find them to be annoying and whining about the typical things that player would normally not have to deal with if they would just play on a PvE server.

I think if we can all just recognize that there are different play styles and respect that, there would be less whining and toxicity. Although the game itself doesn't always help with that, since it has features specifically designed for instance for PvP that are on PvE servers and the other way around sometimes too. A lot of the whining is about that too.

41 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I only play PvE, so it does seem like it is the PvP players, but I just think this is my small window into the player community that makes it look this way. I most often have  trouble with a PvP player that for some reason decides to play on a PvE server. It seems that they often can't stop playing in the style they play the most. So that PvP player blocks other players from resources, is very competitive and otherwise just annoying on a PvE server.

On a PvP server, you will likely see a few PvE players that shouldn't be there. The typical PvP player will find them to be annoying and whining about the typical things that player would normally not have to deal with if they would just play on a PvE server.

I think if we can all just recognize that there are different play styles and respect that, there would be less whining and toxicity. Although the game itself doesn't always help with that, since it has features specifically designed for instance for PvP that are on PvE servers and the other way around sometimes too. A lot of the whining is about that too.

You are right and bring up some good points Mr. Bill.

Eh, I run a private PVE gaming community and have since like 2015 so my experience on official servers is mostly restricted to PVP.  but I have been on the forums sometime now, and I feel that basically humans are competitive by nature and will try to take and hold as much of anything as they can. 

Both PVP and PVE players have their share of problems and PVE players often suffer for changes that PVP players need (and usually these changes do need to happen for PVP).

I find high pop PVE server unplayable because people will not share resources nicely and i can't force them to, pve is often more toxic and competitive than the pvp servers i've played on.

I honestly can't remember what this topic was about lol it's been hijacked.

17 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I honestly can't remember what this topic was about lol it's been hijacked.

I think the thread was about all the complaining in these forum about the stuff that happens while playing ARK is ruining ARK.

So what does everyone do in this thread? They complain about the stuff that happens in game :)

LOL, that is just how these forums roll ?

On 10/23/2019 at 3:51 PM, Pipinghot said:

Stopped reading right there, every game is played by people. OP = null logic error.

The irony is, he's essentially agreeing with the people who cry about the game being ruined after being raided.  They basically say exactly the same thing, that other players ruined it for them.

'Man up' cry babies of all sorts. 

On 10/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, Allorex216 said:

OK I am genuinly confused I understand all of this but is what im doing right or wrong? this is gonna give me a headache

Don't look at someone else, always look at yourself.
That's where it starts, and that's what works.
Don't shift everything to another, because that's limited.

Basically what your trying to achieve here is a form of cyber bullying 
Leave people in their own values and focus on your own Life/things.
Because I'm almost pretty sure that that isn't perfect either.

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

there are good communites on official servers, and bad ones, its just finding a good server.  I won't play unofficial unless its my own server, I don't like the idea of here today gone tomorrow servers.

I trust wildcard like you trust strangers running unofficial servers :P  I've seen wildcard do all of the stuff people accuse unofficial servers of.  It's a mileage may vary thing, I don't really get too attatched to the stuff i have because maintaining my stuff is always more boring than acquiring new stuff and meeting new people :D

23 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I trust wildcard like you trust strangers running unofficial servers :P  I've seen wildcard do all of the stuff people accuse unofficial servers of.  It's a mileage may vary thing, I don't really get too attatched to the stuff i have because maintaining my stuff is always more boring than acquiring new stuff and meeting new people :D

I can honestly say I haven't seen wildcard just remove a server without any sort of notification, however people knowing where to look for that notification is another story.

Archived