The real thing that ruins ark

Allorex216

Hello, thank you for stopping to read this article, I believe the thing that ruins ark are the people who play it. The thing that ruins ark are the people who get raided and throw their hands up and say "I give up" and you know what that isnt even all that bad, the worst people are the people who get raided give up and then goes and post make a forum talking about how "(dumb complaint) ruined ark" and then they just keep complaining talking about how the game is so bad because you had some bad experiences but you know what? You never hear people telling stories about how they went and raided this one guy because he was guarding the pillar all they do is complain about something went wong with their thing and all of the sudden the whole game is ruined. THEY MADE SINGLEPLAYER A OPTION FOR  A REASON!!! they put this CrAzY option into the game where you can play on your own and then guess what. YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE WHO GO AND BE JERKS. but you cant because then no one will aplaud you for your hard work on the world no one will say that guys base is so cool! why cant I be more like them? so shut up already and if the game is oh so bad then stop playing honestly because no one cares that you stubbed your toe!

By that logic, every game I play is ruined because people make posts on them berating an aspect of the game. Fortunately,  for the rest of the community,  we have the common sense to just ignore if we disagree rather than,  I  don't know, letting something as silly as someone else's opinion ruin the game for us.

The irony of this whole topic...

1 hour ago, Allorex216 said:

all they do is complain about something went wong with their thing and all of the sudden the whole game is ruined.

I think it would be stranger if somebody didn't complain when something goes wrong with their thing, know I would.

Also I don't think a single paragraph can be classified as an article because it doesn't fit the technical definition: A nonfictional prose composition usually forming an independent part of a publication (such as a magazine)

45 minutes ago, DanOWar said:

By that logic, every game I play is ruined because people make posts on them berating an aspect of the game. Fortunately,  for the rest of the community,  we have the common sense to just ignore if we disagree rather than,  I  don't know, letting something as silly as someone else's opinion ruin the game for us.

The irony of this whole topic...

Ark is a bit different of just any game. People complaining, easy to ignore. Open world sandbox that wasn't designed for PvE....all the griefing that's certain to happen because it can. 

It is true, most of the toxicity surrounding ark community on forum, reddit, steam etc come from people who hate pvp. Rather than pvpers themselves who generally tend to be level headed. The saltiest players and most toxic trolls i met on officials were beach bobs. Megatribe players generally follow a certain code of honor. They are lawful evil if you like, once you understand how megas operate you can deal with them as neutral parties or even allies. 

what u dont seem to realise  @Allorex216 is that people could spend months even a year on something then have some d*ck jerk come and sh*t all over them. there was a post about someone who had played for a year on official. and the grievers dragged hordes of corrupt creatures into his base. this is not their fault and they have a right to be pissed about it. they also have a right to come aon hear and talk about it as this is where the rest of the public can see what is happening. this is also where widlcard should be dealing with  those kind of problems. the real problem with ark is alot of slef entitled little pricks who think they have a right to impose power over other no matter what mode it is. it is also people who know no boundries and will continue being a d*ck cause WC cant be bothered to do anything about them. people have payed over $100 on this game. 100 for what. servers filled with grievers and trolls and a developing comapny that does not care about its player base. people have a right to enjoy ark whether it on pvp or pve. and depending on that mode differentiates what should and should not be done in those modes. pve is not meant for grieving or conflict. pvp is. u wanna play pvp go play pvp servers. not grieve players on pve servers. the real problem is WC ignorance and stupidity. they are becoming like epic with fortnite. a good game owned by retarded developers. give that game to a worth developing team who care for the game and help and communicate with the player base and you have improved that game soo much.

11 hours ago, Allorex216 said:

Hello, thank you for stopping to read this article, I believe the thing that ruins ark are the people who play it. The thing that ruins ark are the people who get raided and throw their hands up and say "I give up" and you know what that isnt even all that bad, the worst people are the people who get raided give up and then goes and post make a forum talking about how "(dumb complaint) ruined ark" and then they just keep complaining talking about how the game is so bad because you had some bad experiences but you know what? You never hear people telling stories about how they went and raided this one guy because he was guarding the pillar all they do is complain about something went wong with their thing and all of the sudden the whole game is ruined. THEY MADE SINGLEPLAYER A OPTION FOR  A REASON!!! they put this CrAzY option into the game where you can play on your own and then guess what. YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE WHO GO AND BE JERKS. but you cant because then no one will aplaud you for your hard work on the world no one will say that guys base is so cool! why cant I be more like them? so shut up already and if the game is oh so bad then stop playing honestly because no one cares that you stubbed your toe!

ther eis a difference between stubbing you toe and having your entire foot being chopped off.  if you are reffering to being raided you seem to have not seen what raids are like in official pvp. the present day average official ark raider leave no trace of the base behind. do you also know how long it can take to rebuild tame and breed back up to where u were. especialy if that base was like a year old. same with pve. problem with pve is you cant get your stuff back. so if stubbing your toe is reffering to being raided in ark you have greatly unbalanced the comparrasin. being raided in are is more like having your entire foot or leg cut off. take it from someone who has played alot and i mean alot of pvp. both official and unofficial.

17 hours ago, Allorex216 said:

To be honest this is likely as a result of players playing the wrong mode. There are a lot of quasi PVE players out there that are in some sort of self denial. Deep down they are PVE players but they don't want their friends to be see them as PVE players so they try to adopt this façade that they are a tough PVP player.

Then they attempt to play on PVP servers in particular Official ones. This can only end in tears and it always does. They spend a few weeks on there building their base and what not and then it happens. They get wiped and then the next thing you know they are here on the forum demanding there be "rules" or calling us PVP players toxic players/griefers or telling us that our behaviour is unsportsmanlike or bad for the game or ruins the community. Trust me I've heard all their excuses for why they were outplayed.

It is all rather amusing really, I always get a good laugh out of their little rants.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:55 AM, Allorex216 said:

So I am going to start a new thing where once a day I go and find someone who complained about ark being ruined or their bad experience! and if you dont like it guess what? No one cares or wants to here about it!

Guess what, no one cares or wants to hear about it from you either.

Whining about you whining about others, let the metawhining commence.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:52 AM, Allorex216 said:

Image result for tell me more tell me more gif

5 minutes ago, Allorex216 said:

You all are right I am just adding to the problem by complaining myself. I admit I was wrong and will try not to make this mistake again.

Also this was kind of a paradox

There isn't much you can do about other players behavior if you choose to play official servers.

But choosing to play with like minded players on well run unofficial communities can be an amazing experience.

There may be a little more to it than some people in this thread are letting on.  But the thing is, we all have a right to play the game as we see fit.  If combat is your preference, play PvP because there is plenty there.  If it isn't, PvE ARK still has plenty to offer.  Regardless of my opinion (or anyone's opinion really), if it is legal gameplay, it won't stop.  Thusly, people will continue to rant, continue to rage, and continue to quit ARK PvP in lieu of other modes, or other games.

Archived