PayPal for my server questions.

ScarredLemon

PayPal for server questions.

Hello, i run a server with around 50 people playing on our cluster. To fund the servers i am getting donations through Nitrado boost codes or PayPal i just
want to find out how i must set up my PayPal should it be personal or business and what can i do to protect myself? Right now i am using PayPal business but have no idea what i'm doing. I haven't gotten any donations on PayPal as of yet though. Any help would be much appreciated :)

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 3:01 AM, ScarredLemon said:

PayPal for server questions.

Hello, i run a server with around 50 people playing on our cluster. To fund the servers i am getting donations through Nitrado boost codes or PayPal i just
want to find out how i must set up my PayPal should it be personal or business and what can i do to protect myself? Right now i am using PayPal business but have no idea what i'm doing. I haven't gotten any donations on PayPal as of yet though. Any help would be much appreciated :)

I don't think that WildCard cares how you do it, they have been completely hands-off with regards to how people manage and fund their private servers. And even if they wanted to, they would not have the right to tell you whether to use business or personal Paypal, that's outside of what they can control.

If you're requiring people to pay if they join your server then that's more business-like, but if you're honestly just asking for donations then it should be safe for you to set it up as personal, and tell people to use the personal option when they donate so that the business fees don't get deducted. Having said that, if you get so many donations that you end up turning a profit, then you might want to consider using the business option.

Archived