The Lair Red Crate Bugged?

Piffguru

The Lair Red Crate Bugged?

On Xbox official Valguero server I have noticed incredibly bad drops from the red drop in The Lair cave which is near the Broodmother in the redwoods. I have done this cave and hit this drop dozens of times and I have never gotten anything close to be worth keeping. I figured I was just unlucky at first but its just consistently garbage and I was wondering if anyone has noticed this also cause at this point it feels like a bugged drop to me.

Here is a picture of the last time I went down and got this drop, You can see the current drops contents and I circled the previous contents since the drops reappear twice in a row on this map.

VFjzajf.png

I have never gotten anything beyond primitive quality and I dont even think I have gotten a single saddle. My memory of the past drops is mainly of ammo bps/grenade bps. I have read other people saying they have gotten rex saddle bps from this drop which always makes me want to go try again but every time I get much better stuff from the blue drop at the beginning of the cave. Wondering if this is a real problem, and if it is only affecting xbox or am I just the most unlucky person ever?

I also play on Xbox - Valguero.  I've never fought the Broodmother on Val, but I farm the red surface drops constantly.  Aside from ending up with WAY too many oil pumps and wind turbines the loot has been pretty good.  I have several rocket launchers, C4, guided missiles, BPs for all of the above, tons of Journeyman and Mastercraft saddles (though a lot of them are for Mantis or Lymantria) and even some ascendant BPs.  Guess I know not to ever bother with that boss, now.

14 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

I also play on Xbox - Valguero.  I've never fought the Broodmother on Val, but I farm the red surface drops constantly.  Aside from ending up with WAY too many oil pumps and wind turbines the loot has been pretty good.  I have several rocket launchers, C4, guided missiles, BPs for all of the above, tons of Journeyman and Mastercraft saddles (though a lot of them are for Mantis or Lymantria) and even some ascendant BPs.  Guess I know not to ever bother with that boss, now.

Well the thing about that is... Ive never fought the broodmother on val at all actually. You can just fly right by her and get into the cave as the broodmother loot drop is meaningless. This was more about the red crate at the bottom of the cave near where she spawns.

I recently got a ascendent rex bp from the lava caves red crate so Im not going down to the lair cave much anymore but for artifacts occasionally.

Archived