Allow (small) flyers on boss fights

Valariel

Suggestion

I've been playing on a private server (Ragnarok) with a friend and recently got into breeding. Dimorphodons are my favorite dinos and I was looking forward to breeding some super dimorphs and using them on the boss fights.

I then found out that Ragnarok only has 1 boss (Dragon+Manticore) and that this fight apparently does not allow you to bring flyers in and I feel very sad. Is it possible to change this? I can understand not allowing quetzals with machine gun towers, etc. But not allowing dimorphs, agents, etc. seems a bit unnecessary?

4 replies to this server topic

On 10/21/2019 at 10:24 AM, Qwertymine said:

The problem with this is how the bosses would interact with the Dimorphs. I don't think they have any physical attacks in the air, meaning the Dimorphs would be unchallenged. Once they landed, I'd imagine the Rock Elementals, Griffins, and Pteras would absolutely decimate them, not even accounting for the bosses. 

Rexes are your best bet. 

I get that, but I wish it was more flexible. I don't want to have to farm 1 specific Dino (whether I like it or not) for the bosses. Just a preference thing.

On 10/21/2019 at 10:58 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Perhaps what you should request is a setting to change the boss fight blacklist or a whitelist.

I would have to agree with this statement. 

Wildcard has reasons for not allowing some creatures to participate, as well as reasons as to why those that are- can.

And a compromise could be as simple as stated above, allow unofficial server hosts the ability to adjust which creatures can and cannot participate in the boss fights.  

They could add it to the game.ini files, as they have with so many other creature adjustments. Or if they could find a way to do so, add it in as as a menu option for dedicated/single player game setup or as an admin command that could be used similar to the whitelisting command for user accounts to the map. 

Another option however, could be for them to continue adding bosses that you could fight on map, such as the titans, where those limitations do not exist. It wouldn't really be much of a help for those maps which have already been developed and added, but if they keep to that trend, it would allow players to take whatever they wish into a boss fight. It was one of the things I enjoyed about the extinction map, anything you could breed up could be tried out against a superior foe. 

52 minutes ago, Valariel said:

I've been playing on a private server (Ragnarok) with a friend and recently got into breeding. Dimorphodons are my favorite dinos and I was looking forward to breeding some super dimorphs and using them on the boss fights.

I then found out that Ragnarok only has 1 boss (Dragon+Manticore) and that this fight apparently does not allow you to bring flyers in and I feel very sad. Is it possible to change this? I can understand not allowing quetzals with machine gun towers, etc. But not allowing dimorphs, agents, etc. seems a bit unnecessary?

The problem with this is how the bosses would interact with the Dimorphs. I don't think they have any physical attacks in the air, meaning the Dimorphs would be unchallenged. Once they landed, I'd imagine the Rock Elementals, Griffins, and Pteras would absolutely decimate them, not even accounting for the bosses. 

Rexes are your best bet. 

Archived