Lag on Rag, Why should I pay for a DLC when game is like this?

Super Fab

Lag on Rag, Why should I pay for a DLC when game is like this?

@Cedric  Please explain to me why WildCard finds it okay to have maps with such extreme, frequent lag like we get on Rangarok 71. Back in the day it was "it's in Beta, what do you expect! If you dont like it then just LeAvE NoW!" was the attitude / excuse from players while WC seemed to just shrug while we were experiencing constant rubber-banding, crashes, rollbacks, etc. I'm wondering what the mentality is today.

The problem for me isn't that there's some lag, I get it. The problem is the frequency of lag and how long that lag last. There is ALWAYS an excuse for what boils down to cheapness on the hardware end and inefficient coding.

I could be completely wrong but I have a feeling at least a slight part of the lag could be fixed with slightly better hardware spec increases from the host provider which I'm sure they'd be happy to provide if it weren't for WildCard trying to make this game as profitable as possible aka being dirt cheap with making the game run smoother. 

What I'm most confused about is why in the world would we buy this new DLC/Expansion pack when this is how the game will ultimately be? Fortunately we haven't paid a cent for it yet. 

I know it'll once again boil down to "welp, theres other survival games out there for you or you can play unofficial/solo" instead of addressing the actual issue. It's tiring and frustrating knowing I'm dealing with a studio like WildCard that truly couldn't care less. 

3 hours ago, Super Fab said:

I could be completely wrong but I have a feeling at least a slight part of the lag could be fixed with slightly better hardware spec increases from the host provider which I'm sure they'd be happy to provide if it weren't for WildCard trying to make this game as profitable as possible aka being dirt cheap with making the game run smoother.

I completely agree, and with the recycling Legacy servers to be used for the upcoming Genesis DLC, as they did with Valguero, they seriously need to upgrade the hardware side of things, and not just one a few servers, on all the servers.  They are consistently pumping out new updates for the game that make it more hardware demanding but far as I know, and have been able to find any information on, they have never touched the servers hardware wise sense they were initially setup.  The servers themselves are becoming potatoes for their own software.

Not only that but they need to assign more ram to each instance that are ran on the servers, as the game has become more memory hungry and everything currently active on the maps is stored in the RAM, and only saved during the time of the map save.  Each instance has too little ram assigned to the, hence why the servers get minor to major lag spikes when a player joins the server, also contributed to by old slow hard drives.

So yes, I agree with you fully on this, they do need server upgrades, hell i got a couple ancient rack mounts in my basement that can run ark better then their servers, that in itself says something.

Lagnarok lags in single player too, it’s funny how so many people say the center is crap, yet everyone plays raagnarok which is horribly laggy and looks half done.  They haven’t even adjusted the map for the desert area, just a big yellow blotch on the map.

its funny that the devs sit there and endorse a mod like rag by making it official and then make literally zero effort to ensure that it is up to par with every update.

i remember for the longest time the center was borderline unplayable because of the cave overspawning and they fixed it around the same time one of the updates broke Ragnarok with lag.

Archived