Wildcard does it again with PC Version and a controller

CyberAngel67

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, SMP said:

Since you're calling out WC publicly, I'm assuming you've recreated the error on multiple machines to rule out the possibility that this has something to do with your setup?

I tested this on mine and he's right, you can highlight everything with the controller just not select it.

But there's better and nicer ways to raise the issue than the way it was done here.

1 hour ago, GP said:

I tested this on mine and he's right, you can highlight everything with the controller just not select it.

But there's better and nicer ways to raise the issue than the way it was done here.

You know as well as I do, they don't fix anything in there. I have 30 tickets in there going back 3 years.

• Volunteer Moderator
54 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

You know as well as I do, they don't fix anything in there. I have 30 tickets in there going back 3 years.

Actually I don't. What I do know is they do fix stuff and they do fix stuff reported in here. Unless you are saying they have not once fixed anything ever....

29 minutes ago, GP said:

Actually I don't. What I do know is they do fix stuff and they do fix stuff reported in here. Unless you are saying they have not once fixed anything ever....

No way can I say they don't fix stuff, what I can say is that when it comes to the controller on the Steam version, they break stuff all the time and don't fix it. A few patches ago, they broke the radial wheel and whistling stop all and a few other things. They still haven't fixed the other two whistles that I mentioned over 8 months ago and they still haven't fixed the move to / go to... So you tell me!

so... im sorry but I don't understand why it is such a issue, its a pc, so don't pc's have keyboards and mice? 

not trying to be mean here or anything, but just because you can't launch the game with the controller doesn't mean controller support while actually playing is broken.  Seems to me if I was using a controller and ran into that problem, i'd just set the controller down for a second and move my mouse over 'host game' and click it, then click launch. 

I understand a bug like that can be frustrating, but it doesn't seem to be game breaking, so I don't understand why your so angry.

2 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

so I don't understand why your so angry.

Because if you read the whole thing, you see there is controller issues long standing for 8 months. It's not just this one issue. 

Some people like the power of the PC for gaming but prefer to use a controller. If a game offers controller support but then doesn't support that controller when a bug occurs (much less for 8 months with some issues) well, seems like a reasonable reaction to get mad. With a game like Ark, where it takes place in a persistent world, an absence of game time can lead to complete loss. If you're not familiar with playing with a keyboard and mouse but you need to get into the game, that can also lead to complete loss.

It's yet another breach of trust. They add up.

17 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Because if you read the whole thing, you see there is controller issues long standing for 8 months. It's not just this one issue. 

Some people like the power of the PC for gaming but prefer to use a controller. If a game offers controller support but then doesn't support that controller when a bug occurs (much less for 8 months with some issues) well, seems like a reasonable reaction to get mad. With a game like Ark, where it takes place in a persistent world, an absence of game time can lead to complete loss. If you're not familiar with playing with a keyboard and mouse but you need to get into the game, that can also lead to complete loss.

It's yet another breach of trust. They add up.

I was referring to the OP's post, but yeah I get what your saying.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

I was referring to the OP's post, but yeah I get what your saying.

You realise the OP made several posts in this topic, and what @yekrucifixion187 mentioned is what the OP was saying, just didn't say it in the first post but in a follow-up post.

5 hours ago, GP said:

You realise the OP made several posts in this topic, and what @yekrucifixion187 mentioned is what the OP was saying, just didn't say it in the first post but in a follow-up post.

getting abit off topic now and i wasn't trying to derail it.  one reply was enough, honestly.

Can you reassign the controller functions like you can with they keyboard?  I don't have a controller hooked up to my pc, so can't see myself, but if you can could you try resigning the whistles? or is it the wheel that pops up and you select it? 

for the keyboard i know the whistle wheel malfunctions off and on, i've had the wrong whistle fire off many different times, and my tribe mate ends up getting a whistle 1/2 the time when they try to play a emote.  I disabled all the keyboard whistles so I have to use the wheel to do any of them.

3 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

getting abit off topic now and i wasn't trying to derail it.  one reply was enough, honestly.

Can you reassign the controller functions like you can with they keyboard?  I don't have a controller hooked up to my pc, so can't see myself, but if you can could you try resigning the whistles? or is it the wheel that pops up and you select it? 

for the keyboard i know the whistle wheel malfunctions off and on, i've had the wrong whistle fire off many different times, and my tribe mate ends up getting a whistle 1/2 the time when they try to play a emote.  I disabled all the keyboard whistles so I have to use the wheel to do any of them.

No, don't think you can remap it, cold be wrong.

There is a difference to sometimes working on point blank not working, the Whistle Stop all for example doesn't even whistle and noting happens. The whistle aggressive from the radial menu is different to the key command for some reason and the other two options is attack my target and move to, on the Xbox the move to is reversed to Steam and the Attack My Target simply just doesn't work on Steam.

Now I also took note of other comments about just switching over to a mouse and keyboard, not everyone uses a PC like a PC. Some of us tend to use one like a Games System and couch play, where it is inconvenient to have to switch to a mouse and keyboard just to play a game that is supposed to fully support something that it doesn't.

And don't get me started on all the places in the menus, where there is no controller support at all.

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

No, don't think you can remap it, cold be wrong.

There is a difference to sometimes working on point blank not working, the Whistle Stop all for example doesn't even whistle and noting happens. The whistle aggressive from the radial menu is different to the key command for some reason and the other two options is attack my target and move to, on the Xbox the move to is reversed to Steam and the Attack My Target simply just doesn't work on Steam.

Now I also took note of other comments about just switching over to a mouse and keyboard, not everyone uses a PC like a PC. Some of us tend to use one like a Games System and couch play, where it is inconvenient to have to switch to a mouse and keyboard just to play a game that is supposed to fully support something that it doesn't.

And don't get me started on all the places in the menus, where there is no controller support at all.

ah yeah i get the whistle not firing off all the time when im trying to do the follow one whistle, haven't tried any of the ones except attack my target far as their behavor, and thats only when im out and about and get jumped by some evil dino' that comes out of the bushes.

I thought about setting up a box for my living room on the tv, 62" would be nice to kick back on the couch n' play, though I think if I were going to do it i'd probably go console even though i'd be more limited in who I could play with (not alot of my friends on console play ark).  Just easier that way I think, rather then fighting with getting a controller setup for each game, having to switch back and forth between it and mouse.  I do admit a controller can be alot easier to use for some things.

3 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

ah yeah i get the whistle not firing off all the time when im trying to do the follow one whistle, haven't tried any of the ones except attack my target far as their behavor, and thats only when im out and about and get jumped by some evil dino' that comes out of the bushes.

I thought about setting up a box for my living room on the tv, 62" would be nice to kick back on the couch n' play, though I think if I were going to do it i'd probably go console even though i'd be more limited in who I could play with (not alot of my friends on console play ark).  Just easier that way I think, rather then fighting with getting a controller setup for each game, having to switch back and forth between it and mouse.  I do admit a controller can be alot easier to use for some things.

Yeah, 65" with 4K HDR is awesome and the main reason this PC was built to lay back and play.

Just wish WIldcard fixed stuff they break quicker than they do.

I could never go back to playing on console, dedicated with mods just makes life easy.

Archived