Mletalis

Suggestion

Reduce Lag on Official Servers

Title says it all, for the love of all that is holy, please improve hardware of official servers.

I don't know what the best way to tackle it is.  Maybe Premium official servers, charge $5/mo subscription for access, and these have the fun events, vanilla moderation, but much much less lag.  I'm inclined to assume this title has made WC studios a butt tonne of money, maybe this upgrade can be on the house.

Anyways, upvote for less official server lag!

Disclaimer, not a networking guy, not a server guy, just a guy.  A guy who would buy Genesis DLC even quicker if all it said was "Significantly improved server lag"

2 replies to this server topic

Other than premium subscription based servers, which is exactly what unofficial could be for you.

Do you have an actual suggestion?

-Lower tame limit both tribe and server limit

-lower structure limit

-lower concurrent players

-lower decay timers 

-less often world saves

All of these would reduce lag, but dramatically limit players.

And server wipes. A wipe cycle would help with lag. It would lower the save file size.

I'll specify above, but I'm talking hardware.  With the kibble rework and the hypothetical need less egg-layers, some of what you have stated above could be on the menu now, but that is just not what I am suggesting here.

I do have a suggestion dealing with switching from Pillars to Land Claim Markers that may go a short way to reducing lag.  It would also offer a way to display claimed land % on the server selection screen, which is a far more accurate measurement than population.

I don't have any issues with unofficial players/servers, but I often see them hitting that easy button eventually, and I don't want that...not even the temptation of hitting it myself.  So that is my draw to official servers, and why I wish they could be beefed up a bit.

Archived