A new form of Griefing - and Support is helping them do it.

caleb68

A new form of Griefing - and Support is helping them do it.

So now let me explain exactly whats going on without pointing any fingers at any person or tribe.

I've been playing on a map, and 3 times in a row My base I've been working on, thinking it would be a good place to move to, has been griefed by a tribe, the 4th time,  I had placed pillars by my allies gates that were decaying so that I could replace them after they did, and someone builds out and against the build area of the pillars that were placed so I could put the walls back up without any issue, then files a CoC against me.  

So I get a CoC violation for pillaring because they built AGAINST my pillars to the point they couldn't build any further.   I Wrote support telling them exactly why those pillars were there, and what events had happened prior.  Basically support told me they didn't care, I was in violation.

Now today I log in to check on the first babies I've left out on valguero, and pop open the log to quickly check to see if any of them had died,  nope they were all find but AGAIN another CoC message in my log, so this makes a second one,  I look around at the spots I know I have pillars - NOTHING MISSING.  So what did I get a CoC violation for this time?  I'm pretty darn sure it was the exact same tribe that has been causing me problems.

Looking back at the log I see that It was even done while I WAS ONLINE,  not one word was said to me, not one person ever asked me to remove anything, yet here I am again, getting a CoC Violation for something I don't even have a clue to what its for.

Now I have pillars in 2 spots - Around my building at Chalk Hill to stop people from building around it, and to protect the deino trench that's right next to it as it has metal resources 1/2 way up the trench that I go after all the time,  I also have some pillars at a small hut down on the beach that leads up to where we build the temp hut on the cliff when we first started building up there.  and where the little dock is below our main hut on the beach that supplies water to the house. 

The other spot I have on there is newbie island, I pillared the resources on one island and built a dino pen and a small house for my tribemate when we were gathering resources over there, we've slowly been moving everything from there and removing stuff as we have been.

Those are the ONLY TWO AREAS on the ENTIRE map we have any pillars.  We have a small 1x1 shack at the red ob, a small 2x2 shack over by the oil cave at the beach, a 2x2 shack next to a argy pen that was built THE FIRST WEEK we were on there, and has been left unlocked for ALL to use.  a Small 2x6 shack in the aberration cave, a small 1x1 shack on the opposite side of that mountain near the artifact cave, and a wooden raft at the swamp.   

That's It.     I really don't get it why I'm being hurrassed this way and why Support is aiding the individual in doing it.   I'm more then sure its the Exact same person who's been constantly griefing me on that map and won't stop, we even had to stick Behemoth gates around my house that sits INSIDE my walls to stop some of the girefing that's been going on. 

I'm really upset over this.

A Series of events - all taking place in order - yet, the staff can't see the pattern done by the other individual.   I'm getting to the point I want to just call it quits on the map because the Harassments won't stop, staff is aiding them in the harassments, and when I say something about it it just gets shrugged off.

Now looking around at other things around my base, I find there are two boats down below  at my structures, near my little dock, and at the small hut, both two French tribes that joined and started talking with the offending French tribe off the bat, so I'm betting they are going to assist them now further griefing me, because I have the one FLAT spot at the chalk Cliffs. 

I've tried enlighting the staff to whats going on but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

I've lost my want to help people on there now because of this, I've helped many new players giving them tools, weapons, kibble, armor, even dinos to the point I have no spares.  But now, I don't want to help anyone.  I even destroyed my beachbob shack that had forges, a smithy, campfires and chairs in it, as well as the little beachbob hatchery I built.  They were all unlocked for anyone to use, but now they are gone forever.

This literally is destroying my love for ark.

ugh dont let these guys get to you. I'd submit a ticket about it complete with pics proving that you didn't do any abusive pillaring. Or put a post in support thread or something. If you quit cuz of this these guys win and the community will be all the more toxic without you. Community can be the best or worst part of this game and id hate to see it get punted further into the worst side.

2 hours ago, LadyoftheWoods said:

ugh dont let these guys get to you. I'd submit a ticket about it complete with pics proving that you didn't do any abusive pillaring. Or put a post in support thread or something. If you quit cuz of this these guys win and the community will be all the more toxic without you. Community can be the best or worst part of this game and id hate to see it get punted further into the worst side.

i did this with the first message to the support staff, along with the tribe name of my alliance who had left, the leaders name, and a link to their steam profile so they could contact them. I explained to them in detal what had been going on with the tribe that filed against me, also sent them a link to the previous ticket that showed that they have been intentinally griefing my base.  And like i said, I was dismissed like i didn't have a clue what i was talking about.  I wish structures showed 'Age'.

1 hour ago, Oli4 said:

What are they saying in the message in your tribelog, just a general warning or telling you to remove stuff at a specific location?

its a "You have violated coc and your stuructures have been removed" messsge in the log both times. 

This why not only should the rule sets for pve and pvp be separate but also the support staff. While pvpers wait too long for urgent meshing help gms are bogged down with land disputes on pve servers that take lots of time. 

I know both pve and pvp tickets s are important but I think different types of servers need different rule sets and different gm staff.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 hours ago, caleb68 said:

the Harassments won't stop, staff is aiding them in the harassments, and when I say something about it it just gets shrugged off.

I do not believe the GM/Enforcers are helping another player/tribe to harass you. WC stated it multiple times that if you claim an area; you should establish there. If you don't, and just claim land in prevision of maybe perhaps you might or might not build there in 6 months or 2 years down the line and in the meanwhile someone else want to make good use of the land then I would side by them too. I mean, they are establishing there while you are just monopolizing space that nobody else can use while you yourself are not even using it. At least, this is what I understood of the situation; you pillared the land of your allies that decayed, someone else established nearby and needed more space to expand so they reported your pillars. Try to view it just like a neutral source would; on one side there is a sea of pillars, on the other there is a base with activity and dinos. Who is more entitled to expand than the other? And does the pillars side fall under "preventing other players to play"? I'd say so, personally. I would recommend that if you claim land to establish on it right away. Claiming land for "future use" always ends the same way; it rarely ever gets used and is just preventing others from using it.

8 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I wish structures showed 'Age'.

Admins can see if a structure was build before another by inspecting it and looking at their ID (for example, Pillar_C_1 was placed before Pillar_C_3, etc). But the "age of a structure" is irrelevant. It is not a matter of who claimed the area first, but who is making better use of the space as stated above. And as also mentioned, I would also personally side with the active base over the sea of pillars.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

I do not believe the GM/Enforcers are helping another player/tribe to harass you. WC stated it multiple times that if you claim an area; you should establish there. If you don't, and just claim land in prevision of maybe perhaps you might or might not build there in 6 months or 2 years down the line and in the meanwhile someone else want to make good use of the land then I would side by them too. I mean, they are establishing there while you are just monopolizing space that nobody else can use while you yourself are not even using it. At least, this is what I understood of the situation; you pillared the land of your allies that decayed, someone else established nearby and needed more space to expand so they reported your pillars. Try to view it just like a neutral source would; on one side there is a sea of pillars, on the other there is a base with activity and dinos. Who is more entitled to expand than the other? And does the pillars side fall under "preventing other players to play"? I'd say so, personally. I would recommend that if you claim land to establish on it right away. Claiming land for "future use" always ends the same way; it rarely ever gets used and is just preventing others from using it.

The spot where my 4 pillars that were placed behind the gates had foundations layed out that were attached to my dino pen, which were going to be a structure to attach water to said pin and the cooking pots, I hadn't gotten it completed at that time.  all wiped.   I went into great detail of what was there, and that the reason I hadn't replaced the allies walls was because I was waiting for the feeding toughs to go away, as well as this individual had already griefed my base 3 times, one which was reported as they had literally filled my small courtyard with water pipes, even making a alt account to do it with, how do I know that? because their were still pipes left behind belonging to the tribe after..  I understand why people pillar every inch of land they can now though because if you don't someones going squeeze in-between you and another person build till they can't anymore then file a coc against you to get your structures destroyed.  

I bet you it will happen again.   And again.  And again.  total of 5 times now counting the two CoC's, the pattern is there.   I even left a billboard on the back side of my dino pen telling them to stop harassing me.  

Have you considered that they might be so outraged by the practice of pillaring in general that just seeing unattached pillars aggroed them and now they will do anything and everything to get you off of their server?

DO. NOT. MOTHERraptorING. PILLAR.

DO. NOT. BUILD. AT. RESOURCE. SPAWNS.

You are the one griefing here.

14 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

Have you considered that they might be so outraged by the practice of pillaring in general that just seeing unattached pillars aggroed them and now they will do anything and everything to get you off of their server?

the area pillared in around my base, and as I've stated it wasn't just pillars in the location that was effected., i'm not one who sits there and pillars the entire map like some people just to pillar,  but honestly, this is changing the way I feel toward that and making me want to ensure there isn't a single spot between me and the next guy who has pillars up.

perhaps if i was one of those individuals who pillars the map yeah I could understand it, but im not.  And its not my fault someone had to pick a tiny spot between mine, and 2 other peoples bases when in fact there is a huge unpillared area not more then 40 foundations away from where he built.  As well on the opposite side of one of the bases there he crammed his base inbetween.

This is happening all the time and the Dev's dont even take the time to look at what you are trying to do I have had pillars in place supporting a server wide meat farm and provide a full public telepad for over a year now and a tribe has just moved up to my pillars building a platform over the water and have already complained about me carding them. I think they intend to pull the same stunt. I am not blocking passage they can go either way but I am sure they are about to try and force the removal of pillars that the whole of the server is happy with me protecting . And providing a full time public telepad the only structure I have on this swamp area. 

my plan was to have my base come right up against the rockface but I can't now.   Its not blocking passage either, sure they have to walk 'around' my base to get to the other side but its still fully accessible.  but now I can't do that, and their is one singular pillar that's been blocking one of my walls from being completed for ages, but I can never catch the person online who has it there, so I submitted a ticket to see if they would remove it for me stating im not trying to get the guy a coc that I just can't ever catch them online, and they show as a square tribe so even if I did, there would probably be a language barrier.   

We have several people who have done the same as you espy522 on my main server, and honestly everyones grateful for it, everyones been nice to eachother there as well, freeing up land to new players, giving dinos and supplies, and everyone pretty much gets along.  The occational trouble maker pops on but most people ignore them when they do, but still have the same issues happening there with people as well, they build up against your stuff, then file a coc for base blocking. 

Honestly these shouldn't even count as CoC strikes if its obvious its around your base (like in my case) or around a teleporter pad, protecting key resources.

3 hours ago, Spiral3 said:

You must be a beach bob. Any experienced PvE player knows pillars are needed at certain parts. You always have to pillar near your base. Who wants a tribe right beside them? The lagg! Plus, Caleb's base is HUGE ... Why would someone want to be near?

Pillars are always needed at the major metal spawn and at parts for meat runs*. Otherwise a bob builds there and the whole server is ruined. People now have public teleports (HELPING OTHERS) and people are trying to CoC them? Thats ridiculous. I agree that people dont need to pillar a whole map or large unused areas* but they are needed sometimes.

1 hour ago, espy522 said:

This is happening all the time and the Dev's dont even take the time to look at what you are trying to do I have had pillars in place supporting a server wide meat farm and provide a full public telepad for over a year now and a tribe has just moved up to my pillars building a platform over the water and have already complained about me carding them. I think they intend to pull the same stunt. I am not blocking passage they can go either way but I am sure they are about to try and force the removal of pillars that the whole of the server is happy with me protecting . And providing a full time public telepad the only structure I have on this swamp area. 

I have a similar worry on the server I play on. Our neighbours have very helpfully pillared up a hillside that protects a much needed meat run as well as some pretty nice spawns like Tek Rexes etc, and I just noticed last week that a new player has managed to find the tiniest spot missing a pillar and made a wooden shack and moved their dino's outside there. I'm not sure what they were hoping to accomplish as there are other bases all around the area so they have no direction to build in. However if they open a ticket and report our neighbours and Support don't actually bother to investigate, that would make life very difficult for not just us but everybody living and playing in that area. 

48 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

This is really the important part of the whole post.

Yeah I agree with the issue the Dev are just dumping it into the too hard folder rather than look at say the area and decide what is best is the pillars or structure really stoping that person from building there or could he have achieved the build by moving his structure back a small distance and not had the distance problem in the first place. And 1 are the pillars killing spawns or are they protecting spawns for all.

Support may be more at fault here then the people who contact them.

I found support doesn't seem to actually read what you write either, they just skim the text for the location, go there and wipe pillars and foundations from the area.

There was a pillar near my base, 1 single pillar with a ladder that had been there for some time,  I had planned on putting a wall around my teleporter pad but couldn't because of that pillar, the tribe was a [][][][] tribe, so I felt there was going to be a language barrier as well if I could ever catch them online, but I hadn't been able to for a really long time, guessing they play while I'm sleeping.  Anyhow I wrote support asking them to remove the one pillar as it was the only one stopping me from finishing the wall, also stating that I wasn't trying to get a CoC against that individual, i just never could catch them online.  I gave a screenshot that showed the one pillar and its gps cord.

The GM came in, and not only wiped that pillar but a bunch of other ones he had placed to protect the sheep and other meat that spawn up there.   So instead of just pulling the one pillar that was the only one in my way, they pulled a bunch of the guys, and I just bet you he got that CoC message in his tribe log as well >.<, so now a tribe that I haven't ever had problems with is most likely going to have issues with me now. 

peachy.

Archived