Poppet

Regarding Rock Drake Eggs and glitched nests

So something odd occurred and a Google Search did not bring up possible answers. In the process of getting rid of a bunch of old rock Drake eggs collected during events and several being hatched, not only are several the same in looks (which I know happens with glitched nests), but the breeding ap is showing same id. Does anyone have any experience with this? This fridge of eggs are all the same level and is the compilation of a couple of us gathering eggs and being tossed into this fridge- spanning Vday, Easter, and summer event. Many eggs out of the other fridges are fine showing the usual variation in colors and stats. Is this a bug?

3 minutes ago, Poppet said:

So something odd occurred and a Google Search did not bring up possible answers. In the process of getting rid of a bunch of old rock Drake eggs collected during events and several being hatched, not only are several the same in looks (which I know happens with glitched nests), but the breeding ap is showing same id. Does anyone have any experience with this? This fridge of eggs are all the same level and is the compilation of a couple of us gathering eggs and being tossed into this fridge- spanning Vday, Easter, and summer event. Many eggs out of the other fridges are fine showing the usual variation in colors and stats. Is this a bug?

If the Rock Drake that was selected when a new nest is created is not killed, it can be selected again, etc. And since the eggs inherits the colors and stats of that wild one, all its eggs will hatch the exact same babies. The only difference will be different gender. They will also have different ID. You can confirm it by looking at their ancestry.

Hmm. I was under the impression that even with glitched nests they rolled stats per egg? Except multiples from the same egg though of course you can have male or female. But in this case the person I sold eggs to says her ID numbers were the same- thus me looking to see if this is normal.

Hmm. I was under the impression that even with glitched nests they rolled stats per egg?

I'm not sure what you mean by glitched nests? But either way, the stats and colors are not random. They are taken from the wild one that was selected in the area. They works the exact same way as wyverns, and have I've been farming 190s eggs from the same wyverns in the cave on ragnarok as I mentioned in the following thread:

7 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Except multiples from the same egg though of course you can have male or female.

The gender is not carried in the eggs and is determined at the moment the baby hatches. For example, multiple times in the past I was hatching eggs, then server were crashing and rolling back and the gender was changed when hatched again, etc.

Discussing this in Discord- other players are confirming their multiples- male and females- have the same dino id.

My guess is that you guys are looking at the SAMPLE # that is displayed in the inventory rather than the ID that is displayed in the ancestry of the creature (the first one being the ID of the character that imprinted the baby, the later the ID of the creature). Dinos that have the same ID are duped and are all removed whenever the server loads.

• Thanks 1

The Glitched nest issue is unique to rockdrakes as i understand it. The rock drake area has a lot of mesh issues and often a drake gets stuck in the mesh and will repeatedly spawn eggs until the drake despans wherever it is meshed. The folks that taught me to raid nests conveyed this had been exhaustively reported, and was a well known bug. My concern is that I had always thought the id per egg was different but it seems they are not. Looking for clarification that this is 'normal' though server chat folks say their drake ids are the same as well  when they have multiple births from one egg? Same mechanic as a glitched nest? Or something broken?

5 minutes ago, Poppet said:

The Glitched nest issue is unique to rockdrakes as i understand it. The rock drake area has a lot of mesh issues and often a drake gets stuck in the mesh and will repeatedly spawn eggs until the drake despans wherever it is meshed.

Yes, this is what I was mentioning above; the same wild can be selected multiple times to drops eggs if it is not killed or dragged out of the area which would cause it to despawn. Rock Drake indeed are known to glitch in the terrain. I never experienced that myself, because Rock Drake are probably the specie I hate the most; their first person view is giving me motion sickness. 😵

7 minutes ago, Poppet said:

My concern is that I had always thought the id per egg was different but it seems they are not. Looking for clarification that this is 'normal' though server chat folks say their drake ids are the same as well  when they have multiple births from one egg? Same mechanic as a glitched nest? Or something broken?

I will run some tests and post my results later.

• Like 1

@Poppet Alright, so here is what I tested;

•     Locate eggs.
  •     Save the world.
  •     Backup the save.
  •     Grab the eggs.
  •     Upload them.
  •     Restore the backup.
  •     Pick up the same eggs.
  •     Download the eggs.

The eggs I tried to dupe were instantly deleted when attempting to download them. Then I tried this;

•     Save the world.
  •     Hatch one of the egg.
  •     Screenshot its gender and ID.
  •     Restore the save.
  •     Hatch again.
  •     Screenshot its gender and ID.

Here is the first one (a male with ID: 229151101477726728):

6828AC23FBA1CFD93E080E373393053C240045E9

The second one (also a male but with ID: 424948042423714885):

4009825EA708DBC2A8280252E43BE37CA6D45968

Confirming that the ID is randomly generated whenever the baby hatches. Then I tried to hatch the same eggs over and over until I get twins or triplets and they all had different ID:

4CE5989DD2142B0A109F3D0CAC6B97825AE62946

90F3DAACC3221B87D90BE9E77E9D61A6D094251D

So yeah, I reiterate my assumption of you guys looking at the imprinter ID rather than the creature ID. Anyways, sorry for not getting back to this thread earlier, I was banned from the forums. 🙄

• Like 1

^ what they said. 

If a rock drake doesn’t come to protect the eggs after getting stolen, then the nest can keep spawning that drakes eggs.   A Way people can make that happen is by finding the parent and keeping it occupied so the nest can keep producing them. Or like earlier posters noted, if the parent is stuck under the mesh it can’t come defend the egg and will keep producing more.

Also occasionally a parent drake will come down to attack with the rest but then get confused and wander around angry looking for you.  That could also be a reason for the eggs to stick around if it got caught in its anger loop somewhere out of view.

this will produce eggs with exactly the same color and stats making it easier to guarantee what stats will show up.  When I have a nest doing this,  I keep those eggs separated so that I can hatch one and then trade the eggs to others with a fairly certain listing of its features.

Edited by GrumpyBear
  • Like 1