Transferring from PVE to local

Petya0

Hi!

I wanted to upload my level 39 character to further use in local since the PVE servers are toxic as hell (dead body looting, build blocking, etc....). Could only upload my tames and items at the obelisk, the character itself not! I get the option only to transfer to another pve server. I watched some videos to rename the save file name to local but there is no online server save in the folder only local. There is a page where one can  "request backup" from legacy servers. Cant find my server there to get the save file..... Any clues how to transfer from beginner PVE to local?

Alternatively are there any PVE servers where others can't loot your dead body, and aren't the building spaces/map areas blocked all around?

Most the PvE servers have the same problem, pillars everywhere, I've helped people on my servers to find land, even given some starter dinos, tools, armor, crafted some rafts for others that we couldn't find a piece of land so they at least had someplace to live while they continued their search.

The key to keep people from killing you then looting your body when your offline - first and foremost - stick all your gear in a locked container.  Always lay down on a bed before logging off (Hold E down on bed and select lay on bed) and make sure your food / water are full.  Laying on the bed makes it so that they can not drag you off to the water and drown you to steal your stuff.  After logging off there is still a 15 minute timer where you body can be killed by wild dinos. so its best to keep your bed away from a outer wall, as many of the smaller carnivores can still bite you through the walls (i.e. like a raptor, saber, wolf, ravager, etc).

It would be nice if there was a way that we could transfer our Official Dino's to Unofficial / Single player,  I understand why they don't allow them to come in from Unofficial / Single Player, but it would be nice to be able to take them off, incase we decide we don't want to play official anymore, and could continue with the dino's on Unofficial / Single player where we left off with them.  I know you can still spawn dino's in, but its just not the same thing, and your not as attached or careful with a giga you spawned in vs. one that you raised from a baby.   Wish Wildcard could come up with a method to transfer dino's out for Unofficial / Single player, They have the Export for Ark Park, so I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do it for that.

Far as the backups, only backups of Legacy servers are available, none of the regular servers are.

And please note what @TiiaAurora said, they will only last in there 24 hrs,  characters, items and dino's, so you'll need to get them back out before that time runs out if you don't want to lose them!

2 hours ago, Petya0 said:

Hi!

I wanted to upload my level 39 character to further use in local since the PVE servers are toxic as hell (dead body looting, build blocking, etc....). Could only upload my tames and items at the obelisk, the character itself not! I get the option only to transfer to another pve server. I watched some videos to rename the save file name to local but there is no online server save in the folder only local. There is a page where one can  "request backup" from legacy servers. Cant find my server there to get the save file..... Any clues how to transfer from beginner PVE to local?

Alternatively are there any PVE servers where others can't loot your dead body, and aren't the building spaces/map areas blocked all around?

well I can tell u the legacy community isn't as toxic to new players .infact theres a .and pillars are gonna be on most servers but u need to explore a bit to find a good spot travel inland :)

Thank you guys for the replies!

I was logout dragged/drowned in my leather armor during the first days, since my hut was not closed. I figured out how to log out properly after that.

I watched stealing bird take away my tamed dodos, that was o.k. and fun I guess. I don't like the idea of a closed pen tho. But small eggs are not necessary anyways.

I managed to make a nice wooden hut with crafting (metal level). I made the hut light with lot of windows, I closed all of them too when I logged out.

Now what I didn't like, that the starter area was always patrolled by 3 Therinizosaurs, who are ridicolously O.P. for beginners. I watched them killing all my tames and myself.... that was not fun. Then I realized I could make a spiked wall around my land but I couldn't close it off because of land claiming issues. But even so I killed a Carno and a Therizino on my spiked walls. Then yesterday another Therizino was around and one of my Trikes was stuck behind so I went out to kill it. I had two trikes mate boosted (the one stuck far away) and a Stego (loved this one). I was attacking it on foot with a metal spear to draw aggro and save my tames from killing it. Guess what it killed me after switching aggro like 3 times, but my dinos killed it. Then a moron showed up with a santa hat who was just entering the server from playing on console previously, took the meat and hides from the therizino and took half my equipment when I rearrived. He was not even a beginner player just a toxic poop, was bragging about how bad it is on PC compared to console but never gave my stuff back....

So that was the point, when I decided to leave the official servers. Walked an hour at least with my dinos and dodos around the shore, around walled off parts... and thankfully the gate was open around the obelisk, because some moron walled that off too... yet my Stego somehow fell into the water and died by some shark with my stuff on it... and now I can't export myself out.

Thats my experience with the game so far....

I guess I restart on a local game and turn up the XP and taming times, since 1+ hour tames are ridiculous anyways.

I will miss the multiplayer part, wanted to fight bosses with a tribe. But at least I can pause the game and not anger myself about so many poop.

38 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

You should try official PVP for a while. Then come back to PVE. You'll appreciate how pleasant and non-toxic PVE really is after that. 

Meh, PvE can be just as toxic as PvP with kiting on certain servers,  Extinction is really bad for it lately it seems.  Scorched Earth & Valgero can be just as bad with people kiting the wild wyvern.

Archived