TypicalArkGamer

What's Your Experience With the Dungeons?

I have been playing Ark mobile for quite some time and one of the reasons I haven't quitted or stopped is because of the challenge of the dungeons and the fact that they have such cool variants of animals otherwise known as eerie creatures. You can tame those by the way. And then there's the boss fight. Always pretty exiting! But I still to current state haven't gotten to tame the Noctis :(.

The first time i went into the dungeons was the one in the snowy mountain and i was level 96 and had full ascendant armor along with weapons and ammo, had a bunch of soups, healing brews, extra sets of armor (of course), energy brews, and yeah. Basically all of the stuff i thought i might need. I knew nothing about the dungeons at the time other than it was like a maze with fight rooms once in a while and variants of normal creatures that where rainbow themed (eerie creatures). I didn't even know there was a boss at the end XD. 
So i went right in, found my map had changed, and took a few steps into the first corridor immediatley to get spiked by a trap....oof. Didn't die, but my armor took a bit of damage.

So basically i got used to looking for pressure plates in the floor for traps. I almost got squashed by wall that closed and opened several times. Learned that there where chests here and there with random loot and each gave me about +1 minute in my time. And that's when i noticed that there was a time limit and kinda freaked out since i was going with such cautiousness that i moved pretty slow. So i sped up a bit. Met e few colorful (earie) creatures. All of them where passive (pteras, procoptodons, snails, dung beetles)

Whenever i went into the first fight room i got startled by the song, all the exit ways where blocked, and i got swarmed by a bunch of gigantic killer dodos.....terryfieng. So yeah, i easily defeated them with my amazing ascendant pump shotgun ;).

Then i think i had to face daedons, yep....they seriously dealed damage to my armor. THEY WHERE SO FAST!!! I think i also faced ants, dilos, and a few more that i can't remember. Oh wait....I also faced titanoboas. I had to take so much stimulants that i literally emptied my canteens after that fight. I kept looting chests that usually gave terrible loot, i didn't find any tek stuff :(

And then i stumbled into a room where u could access the boss. So my next thought.....wait there's a BROODMOTHER IN MOBILE??!? I had heard that mobile didn't have boss fights like on other platforms so i was really surprised. So when i accessed it i found out that there was no broodmother, instead there was a huge white monkey with anger problems that really liked chugging huge boulders at innoccent survivors that might or might not have shot a few metal arrows in their face. I soon regretted having left my rocket launcher back at my base. Oh, and i was also on my second set of armor and had used more than 100 medic brews by the time.

I ended up killing the monkey by shotgunning him on the buttocks and then got pummeled by ten thousand mesopithecus and mor gigantopithecus. Made easy work of them with my shotgun. 
I was disappointed when i saw into the huge dead monkey's inventory and found nothing in there. I expected to see something cool or rare and maybe even tek, but nothing. I hadn't gotten good loot or no tek stuff. So i just exited the dungeon with nothing good and a broken set of armor and almost no amo. 
So then i decided to search this up on youtube to see if everyone got the same rotten luck as i did. And EVERY SINGLE PERSON CAME OUT WITH AT LEAST ONE TEK BLUEPRINT. I was extremely pissed off and decided it was just pure luck. Plus, those dudes actually checked every chest. I didn't.....lol.

So yeah, i could've played it better by actually searching every chest and if i had noticed a door that was right besides me in the beginning room. I remeber finding a key and not knowing what it was for. Now i know that it was for that room at the beginning, and that's where people found tek stuff.....i slapped myself for the rest of the day. Also, something that i didn't know was that you could tame the eerie creatures by taking their implants and reviving them and tame them. Another reason to slap myself, especially since they looked so cool and met a level 300 ptera.

Basically i have entered and defeated the huge monkey quite a few times now, especially since now i got the hang of it. Also another goal i have is to tame the noctis, but i never get it :(. I always get the huge monkey dude. I actually check every chest (well, at least the vast majority of them) and go to every single room possible. I tamed a few eeries but stopped when i ran out of amber and didn't feel like spending money on more. Ive also found a complete set of tek armor and a tek riffle.

So what is ur experience with the dungeons? 
Have fun playing Ark!

well... to put it short... my experience with dungeons:

Tribemember  - "Arg Kill kill!" - "that was easy"

Me - "ahh ffs, why'd you drag that flock of bats ontop of me?!" or.. "im dead again, got a spare sleeping bag on your bird?"

lol I tend to die a lot to the caves / dungeons.  But still fun when I do do it with my tribemates. 

My worst experience though:

Tribemate: "oh hey I haven't been in this cave im gonna go check it out"
Me: "I'll wait here"
...a few moments later …  my tribe mate comes running out of the cave and strait for me, with about 10 lvl 200+ bats chasing him... I ended up with rabies that day...

21 hours ago, caleb68 said:

well... to put it short... my experience with dungeons:

Tribemember  - "Arg Kill kill!" - "that was easy"

Me - "ahh ffs, why'd you drag that flock of bats ontop of me?!" or.. "im dead again, got a spare sleeping bag on your bird?"

lol I tend to die a lot to the caves / dungeons.  But still fun when I do do it with my tribemates. 

My worst experience though:

Tribemate: "oh hey I haven't been in this cave im gonna go check it out"
Me: "I'll wait here"
...a few moments later …  my tribe mate comes running out of the cave and strait for me, with about 10 lvl 200+ bats chasing him... I ended up with rabies that day...

I have never entered with tribemates, but if I did I'm pretty sure I would have your same luck! XD

On 10/19/2019 at 1:57 AM, SpinoDestroyer13 said:

As @XaosRes said, there is no ‘drop chance’ for tek. It is in a specific chest each dungeon. Also, each dungeon has one specific boss as well as the noctis. Look at the wiki each new dungeon to see the tek chest location and the boss.

Oh okay i thought the noctis was random because apparently u have 1 in 1000 chance of getting it. Or at keast that's what I read on one of the tips that Ark gives u on it's loading pages

14 hours ago, SpinoDestroyer13 said:

The Noctis is random, the other bosses aren’t. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Hey don't worry, ive had bigger f#ck ups before

Like posting on the wrong forum twice in a row (accidentally of course), or forgetting to bring the kibble that im using to tame an animal and then i have to fly back to base to get it (happens quite a lot).

Archived