Fear Evolved on Single Player

LordAlec

As far as my knowledge goes we have: Easter, Arkaelogy, Extinction Chronicles, Winter Wonderlands, Vday, Summer. these work on single player via steam if you put in the command line. Source wiki. Haven't tested it. Arkeology works without commands tho tested.

Fear evolved is not :/.

I asked this question aswell:

I alsto tried spawning some event creatures. Skins works, zombie wyvern too, all else dont't :/

1 hour ago, TomBakerARK said:

I wish they would add the resources to the game permanently, and I would run HalloweenTown 24/7.

haha I would too, on elderscrolls online my houses there were setup as Halloween homes,  I loved all the little decorations they gave us for use on Halloween, it was great.  Its too bad the ark ones expire :(

Found official announcements that this works in single player, and the activation code for it.  But, it does not appear to work.  To be honest, none of the events in the last year and a half have worked on my single player game.  This time, I get the orange candy cane drops, and NOTHING else.  No fall colors, no colored dino spawns, no orange moon (no moon at all, actually), nothing.  Not sure what's wrong.

I have re-installed ark totally from scratch trying to get previous event colored dinos to spawn.  No joy.  Not sure what is wrong.

The event is clearly triggered, since I'm getting the candy canes.  But that's all.  NO skins, no drops, no pumpkins or other spawns, no dinos with strange colors, etc.

Anyone else notice this, or are you getting the full event in single player?

I tried a bug report on the last event and it took them until the event was over to respond, so that was pointless.

Oh, I think this also conflicts with some other utilities.  I uninstalled all except S+, but I had the Rare Sightings mod installed (only way I can get colored dinos as even mutations almost never seem to change the dino's color).  Every five to ten minutes, after the update for the Fear Evolved event, my game just quit.  No lockup, just, bam, back to desktop and game is gone.  I removed that mod and it hasn't crashed since.  But I'd run that mod successfully for over 8 months.

For Steam Single Player / Undedicated 

in your steam library Right click Ark, click Properties.  On the first page there click set launch options and add the following:

-activeevent=FearEvolved

click okay, close properties, lauch ark.  load your map.

You can easily see if the event is started by going to a cooking pot and looking for the 'holiday' folder. 

Currently Various maps are having overspawn issues,  Ragnarok, The Center, and Valguero, are having issues with wyvern overspawns, and Valguero is having issues with Raptors as well.  Wild card knows of these, has a patch, but hasn't deployed it yet for unknown reasons.

Before colored dino's will start spawning in the world, you'll need to clear out some of the existing dino's that are already there. note that using the admin cheat destroywilddinos will not force colored dinos to start spawning as soon as the dino's begin spawning back in.

7 hours ago, caleb68 said:

For Steam Single Player / Undedicated 

in your steam library Right click Ark, click Properties.  On the first page there click set launch options and add the following:

-activeevent=FearEvolved

click okay, close properties, lauch ark.  load your map.

You can easily see if the event is started by going to a cooking pot and looking for the 'holiday' folder. 

Currently Various maps are having overspawn issues,  Ragnarok, The Center, and Valguero, are having issues with wyvern overspawns, and Valguero is having issues with Raptors as well.  Wild card knows of these, has a patch, but hasn't deployed it yet for unknown reasons.

Before colored dino's will start spawning in the world, you'll need to clear out some of the existing dino's that are already there. note that using the admin cheat destroywilddinos will not force colored dinos to start spawning as soon as the dino's begin spawning back in.

Yep... did all that.  And, yes, I get the stuff in the cookpot, and the candy corn drops come as do the skeletal dinos.  BUT, nothing else.  The ground spawns of the pumpkins and gravestones never appear, and no colored dinos ever spawn.  I've added the command, restarted, rebooted computer, destroywilddinos, killed everything in a large area multiple times, wandered around on the ground for hours looking for the pumpkin et al spawns.  NOTHING appears.

This has happened to me with the previous events, too.  Colored dinos never appeared.  I've played on the public servers, and during events, colored dinos were common.  Never on single player for me.

I'm wondering what else I might be doing wrong as the event is running, just not fully working.

I'm playing the island, but since it's not working, I popped to Ragnarok to get some wyvern eggs.  Noticed the overspawns there.  And in the wrong location.  Fire wyverns almost exclusivelly spawning where the ice wyverns normally spawn.  Fire and zombie fire.  About 3 dozen all clumped together.  Again, there I'm getting the skeletal, zombie, and candy corn drops, but no colors, and no ground spawns.

Fear evolved questions for an SP Newb

Hello! I am pretty new to Ark, playing single player on the Island on a PS4. My character is level 85 but I am a gigantic hopeless wuss so I am probably actually the explore equivalent of like, a level 10. 

Just for some background. 

I love Halloween so I'm loving the theming of this event but the dodorex terrifies me because I have absolutely no means to fight it and I'm pretty attached to my little Weathertop homestead and all my dinos. 

So some questions for folks: 

Am I safer being away from my base when dodorex is going to spawn, and staying away til morning? If on SP every area I'm not in is in a sort of stasis, would that protect my base simply from me not being there? 

From everything I can see, dodorex spawns midnight every 3rd night and vanishes in the morning, but I actually found him in the shallow water off Cragg's Island in broad daylight (like gametime of 3pm). I was able to avoid him, but uh, what the heck?

He seems to be a pretty rare spawn so you should be fine.  If you want to be safe though craft a cryo fridge at one of the obelisks and store all of your Dinos for the duration of the event.

if you do have the bad luck of finding him just remember the art of kiting, lure him away from your base and into the water with a flyer and so long as you leave tender distance he should plague you no more.

thr day spawn seems to be a glitch related to him being in stasis during the despawn period.

35 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can use a couple admin commands to help yourself out.

Destroywilddinos to clear every wild dino. Dodorex is supposed to despawn at dawn. If it doesn't, you should correct it until they fix it.

Settimeofday xx:xx 

You can use this to skip by his normal spawn time which should help.

I can do that on PS4? If so, is there a way to just nerf the dodorex when he spawns? 

24 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

He seems to be a pretty rare spawn so you should be fine.  If you want to be safe though craft a cryo fridge at one of the obelisks and store all of your Dinos for the duration of the event.

if you do have the bad luck of finding him just remember the art of kiting, lure him away from your base and into the water with a flyer and so long as you leave tender distance he should plague you no more.

thr day spawn seems to be a glitch related to him being in stasis during the despawn period.

I dont have cryo stuff yet-- I have access to the engrams, but part of my struggle re: I am a wuss, is I'm just now getting around to caving and ocean exploration. So crystal, oil, and silica are still hella expensive to me. I'm getting better! Slowly!  

20 minutes ago, Heethar said:

I can do that on PS4? If so, is there a way to just nerf the dodorex when he spawns? 

There's no adjustments of ini files like PC or private servers have, so nothing to adjust something like the dodorex. Just some basic admin commands.

Go into the pause menu, press L1, R1, square, and triangle together to bring up the command bar.

Then you can enter commands there.

Destroywilddinos is really good to refresh spawns when you keep seeing the same dinos hunting trip after hunting trip. Killing all those dino's to refresh the rate yourself on the whole map is a long process so it's a nice shortcut. 

22 minutes ago, Heethar said:

I dont have cryo stuff yet-- I have access to the engrams, but part of my struggle re: I am a wuss, is I'm just now getting around to caving and ocean exploration. So crystal, oil, and silica are still hella expensive to me. I'm getting better! Slowly!  

For early oil kill trilobites and tek parasaurs. Trilobites also drop silica pearls sometimes. They don't attack so good early way to get that stuff. Harvest with a hatchet.

1 hour ago, Heethar said:

I don’t know about how you feel about using out of game maps but here is the resource spawn map.  Some people like to explore on their own.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Resource_Map_(The_Island)

Fear Evolved 3 not working in Single Player FIX

Well, I've been going nuts trying to get Fear Evolved to work in single player.  I get the recipe in the cook pot, I get the candy corn drops, but no colored dinos, and no ground spawns (pumpkins, gravestones, etc).  No fall colors on the trees, either.  Driving me MAD, and nothing on these forums was helpful.

I figured it out.  It's ECM, the successor to ACM, the well known Ark Console Management tool.  ECM is just not as good, in my opinion, and they want you to pay them to unlock most features, which is squirelly (NOTHING against people getting paid for hard work, but traditionally these mods have been free).

I disabled that mod, and that mod only, and BAM, fall colors everywhere, and pumpkins and scarecrows, et al are popping up all around me, and lo and behold, colored dinos!  

In fact, I was not getting ANY colors out of my dino mutations in breeding, either, and that suddenly started working, too.  I think since they include a feature to allow you to pick the color of dinos you spawn through that mod, but then blocked that feature unless you pay them, perhaps their block is somehow interfering with anything trying to do custom colors?  Even official events, perhaps?

It's worth noting the "Rare Sightings" mod, which I installed to give me colored dinos when nothing else was working to do so, worked with ECM.  But, dinos bred from those rare dinos never got new colors added in mutation.  

So, if you're playing single player like I am, and not seeing colored dinos or fall colored trees, and running ECM, that's probably why.  Disable it, and everything will work.

Archived