Transferring these animals from Valguero can break them (list)

I found a workaround. But I'm still hoping for a fix before Genesis is out. Here it is if anyone wants to test it. The Ice Wyverns that were on the map when the server shuts down are turned to the broken class. The method I use includes mandatory Force Respawn Wild Creatures on every startup and a batch file that wipes all wild eggs using Qowyn's ark-tools then starts the server. I recommend uploading the eggs ASAP before the server shuts down for whatever reason and never use an Ice Wyvern on the map except those few damned dragon souls whose purpose is eggs hunting.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This glitch is still going on. Just transferred an ice golem from valguero to the island in a cryo-pod and it is broken. The cryo-pod shows an image of a raptor but still displays the name of the original Dino (in this case an ice golem). You are unable to release the Dino from cryo pod as it says “Cannot deploy:” in red text on the top of the screen. Would like confirmation that this glitch has at least been identified by the ark devs. This was done on official servers.

Edited by GerBear
Extra information
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
22 hours ago, TiiaAurora said:

It's a half satisfying solution, but it's one. 

IMG_20200422_065921.png

Ya except for people that are playing on Valguero who had tamed wyverns and cryopoded them for storage temporarily now can't access the ice wyverns as the ones in cryopods don't actually exsist anymore. Since they changed the class value of them the ones you gathered during the event most are now unable to be removed from Cryopods :(

• 1 month later...