Sign in to follow this  
TiiaAurora

Transferring these animals from Valguero can break them (list)

With more and more people checking out Valguero now that the transfers are open, please be aware that these creatures are broken and cause problems being transferred. 

• Ice Wyverns
  • Golems (both Chalk Golems and Ice Golems)
  • Polar Bears
  • Deinonychus (sometimes, transferring eggs seemed fine) 
  • Wyvern eggs vanish in upload
  • Eggs on the body sometimes vanish, sometimes get through, thank you @Mavrick88

Don't bring these animals on other servers cause the cryopod data will be corrupted after and you can also not unpod them on valguero anymore. 

I heard people managed transferring Golems successfully to Ragnarok. But the majority of people have lost their tames trying to bring them to other maps. 

Edited by TiiaAurora
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning Miss Tiia, I agree, We have this issue today. 10 ice wyvern babies trapped in cryopods after transferring to mains after after hatching. Messg (Cannot deploy) Also @ Polar Bears I took from Valguero to Center and a Rock Golem I trapped up in Chalk. Raptor Pictures on the cryopods but broken and cannot use.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:59 AM, TiiaAurora said:

With more and more people checking out Valguero now that the transfers are open, please be aware that these creatures are broken and cause problems being transferred. 

• Ice Wyverns
  • Golems (both Chalk Golems and Ice Golems)
  • Polar Bears
  • Deinonychus (sometimes, transferring eggs seemed fine) 
  • Wyvern eggs vanish in upload

Don't bring these animals on other servers cause the cryopod data will be corrupted after and you can also not unpod them on valguero anymore. 

I heard people managed transferring Golems successfully to Ragnarok. But the majority of people have lost their tames trying to bring them to other maps. 

Another thing you can add to your list. If you derm an Ice Wyv on Valg, you can not display it.
Also change the Wyvern eggs vanish to (if you upload them in Ark Data Folder) but if you keep it on your body and transfer, it does transfer over. I have tested this with low eggs 3 separate transfers and it works fine. Eggs are cooking on Island from Valg. I'm going to test hatch, pod, unpod on Island. Then pod, take to Valg, unpod, pod, see if I can bring it back to island. I will update :)

Edited by Mavrick88

So I just brought 6 eggs with me as a test. They were on my body. 1 lvl 20, 1 lvl 50, 1 lvl 100, 1 lvl 95, 1 lvl 150, 1 lvl 160. Only 4 of them made it over. :( 

I lost the 160 and the 20. They were all ready to come after a save. Seems like a hit or miss. I'm scared to bring the 190 and 170 event ones. The parents looked so cool!

It is the most important game breaking issue with Valguero for me personally. The only reason I have not yet added the map to my cluster. I have been waiting for a fix since the official release, testing transferring once in awhile and checking forums frequently. I would be glad to have it fixed eventually so I could play Valguero before Genesis is out.

As of 301.1 I can confirm naturally found Ice Wyvern eggs, Ice Wyverns tamed with DoTame and Chalk/Ice Golems spawned via GMSummon can't be transferred to Aberration with foreign creatures enabled through Tek Transmitter, Cryopods and in player's inventory. One egg uploaded and one inside player's inventory were lost on transfer too. I had no reason to do a bigger set of trials because these gave unambiguous results that the transferring has not been fixed yet from the initial attempt.

Ok so the other day, I had 12 eggs to transfer. I left them on the server overnight and tried to transfer them the next day. None of the eggs came over. So I don't think it's a certain amount of saves or anything like that.

I decided to do another test with server resets. I got some ice eggs last night. The servers restarted today for 301.3.

I had 14 eggs to bring over. I first tried w/ 3 eggs. I bought them all over just fine. I went back for the 11 left over eggs. They all also came over just fine.

So I can't say for sure w/o testing another server restart, but I can say on this test, I had 14 eggs sit overnight in a fridge, the server had a restart today. I went to the Valg server and was successfully able to bring all the eggs over there I had over to Island. 100% of transferred eggs came over! This may be a nice way to get some over, if others can test this as well.

Edited by Mavrick88

Same here i set up a base on Valguero just to get some easy fast ice wyvern eggs and now i regret it because i lost 7 ice wyvern eggs i tried transfering over the first day and then i set up a hatchery hatched 10 ice wyverns and tried to cryopod and transfer to my main island server to raise. Now they won't deploy from the cryopod and they have a raptor image on them. Whats the point of new maps if they are released broken to the point where people lose hours of hard work.