List of Suggestions

Nast

Suggestion

Just a short list of things that I'd like to see as a PVE player and admin on an unofficial server cluster. This will be edited to include more as I think of them.

Fix building snap points so they don't cycle through and change on their own when placing something.

Adjust creature and player hit boxes so things don't get stuck on each other or get knocked around so easily.

Make all structure pieces (campfires, sleeping bags, spiked walls, pipes, cables, dino leashes, etc) that currently don't automatically demolish once their timer runs out eventually auto decay.

Patch the bug where after you log out while laying down in a bed or tek pod, you either are stuck in the bed and can't move, or can move around, but can't interact with anything without relogging.

Make dino leashes able to be demolished by people outside of the tribe that owns them when the decay timer runs out.

Make pipes and cables able to be broken with kill commands and the creative mode gun.

Fix bolas on Extinction, they don't work a lot of the time. Link to video: https://clips.twitch.tv/PleasantEnticingDelicataTTours

Make all containers and structure pieces with inventory slots able to be locked.

Add a server option that makes it so that only tribe members or allies can turn things like torches, generators, replicators, fabricators, turrets, etc, on or off.

Fix the bug allowing anybody to access dedicated storage, even if they're locked.

Make tek lights and lamps not change brightness settings after server restarts.

Add an option to toggle snap points on and off.

Make more things snapable, I.E. storage boxes, paint canvases, bookshelves, feeding troughs, compost bins, beer barrels, etc.

Fix the glitch that causes wild beehives to spawn on top of each other, often resulting in dozens in one spot.

Make it so you don't get turned a different direction when using the teleportation mode with the creative mode gun.

Make it so that if an Icthyornis steals and eats narco berries or narcotics, its torpor increases.

Add functionality to the Tek Cloner that allows players to change their character's appearance by making an "imperfect clone" of themselves.

Add functionality to the Tek Shield that "reverses" it's use, and prevents enemies caught within from leaving. Could be used as a high tech taming pen, a trap to capture and ensnare creatures and players, or even as a Tek prison.

Give admins commands to toggle weather effects like fog and rain on and off on all maps.

Give admins a "Fix" command which repairs all damaged or broken gear in their inventory.

Add a command that destroys all connected pieces of a single structure, similar to the GiveAllStructure command.

Add a defibrillator to the game, that is a single use item that can resurrect any creature from the dead, as long as it's body is still intact and hasn't decayed or been eaten/harvested. Did your Rex die falling off a cliff? Didn't get that newborn baby fed in time? Yell "CLEAR", zap 'em, bring them back, and try again. Could also be used on dead players, as long as their body is still intact, which could be useful for PVP. Of course, any creature or player brought back in such a way should respawn with low health, and not be fully healed.

Make the key/button that gathers materials, opens doors, mounts or dismounts creatures, etc, into a different key/button than the one that controls the Tek helmet.

New achievements for Aberration, Extinction, and the upcoming Genesis dlc.

4 replies to this server topic

As a player, admin, and coder for a PC-Xbox Crossplay Cluster, when I saw the first line, I knew I had to stop in and read if over. Just to see if the things you have been seeing/noticing are the same as what I have come across. 

• Fix building snap points so they don't cycle through and change on their own when placing something. - Agreed
  • Adjust creature and player hit boxes so things don't get stuck on each other or get knocked around so easily. - Agreed. Some are pretty bad. Bred some Theriz's and the box to claim them was way off the mark. 
  • Make all structure pieces (campfires, sleeping bags, spiked walls, pipes, cables, dino leashes, etc) that currently don't automatically demolish once their timer runs out eventually auto decay. - Please!
  • Patch the bug where after you log out while laying down in a bed or tek pod, you either are stuck in the bed and can't move, or can move around, but can't interact with anything without relogging. - Another good one. 
  • Make dino leashes able to be demolished by people outside of the tribe that owns them when the decay timer runs out. - Again, this should be a must have. 
  • Make pipes and cables able to be broken with kill commands and the creative mode gun. - This would be amazing. For the most part I have them set to a quick despawn timer, but if I am cleaning up - I would like to just be able to take it all down.
  • Fix bolas on Extinction, they don't work a lot of the time. - I noticed this back when we had an extinction map, but we closed it due to the constant crashing. If it is still an issue, it should be addressed.
  • Make all containers and structure pieces with inventory slots able to be locked. - The only item we have noticed this issue with are the Tek Dedicated Storages. Vaults, boxes, and whatnot seem to be able to be locked by default if the setting is set to do so. The Tek Dedicated storages however, seem to require a pin lock in order to keep others out. Even if they say "Locked", we have had new players steal from those who had some placed outside. 
  • Add a server option that makes it so that only tribe members or allies can turn things like torches, generators, replicators, fabricators, turrets, etc, on or off. - Honestly I would take it a step further so that there is a setting in the alliance menu that will let you approve them do to so or not. Sort of like the governance settings, but for alliances
  • Fix the bug allowing anybody to access dedicated storage, even if they're locked. - Agreed, and mentioned above.
  • Make tek lights not change brightness settings after server restarts. - Agreed, though I would have to expand this to all powered lighting including lampposts. On our server we have had both reset, not just when the server restarts, but when a character leaves render for too long. Most players have tried to find a work-around such as painting the light so it doesn't seem so bright.
  • Add an option to toggle snap points on and off. - love it. 
  • Make more things snappable, I.E. storage boxes, paint canvases, bookshelves, feeding troughs, compost bins, beer barrels, etc. - This would be awesome. I would imagine if there was a key, or combination of, that you could use to turn it on and off, then both those who like it free style and snappable would approve. 
  • Fix the glitch that causes wild beehives to spawn on top of each other, often resulting in dozens in one spot. - This is an annoying set up. Find a "live" beehive is often difficult enough as is - and find those that are stacked is just annoying. 
  • Make it so you don't get turned a different direction when using the teleportation mode with the creative mode gun. - Honestly, I hardly ever use that function, so I haven't noticed this issue. But if it is exists, it should be reviewed. 
  • Make it so that if an Ichthyornis steals and eats narcoberries or narcotics, its torpor increases. - I like it. It makes sense. 
  • Add functionality to the Tek Cloner that allows players to change their character's appearance by making an "imperfect clone" of themselves. - Not sure about this one. I don't mind the idea of being able to change your character without the use of commands, but it almost would make more sense to be able to use a mirror or something to do so. On the fence with it. 
  • Add functionality to the Tek Shield that "reverses" it's use, and prevents enemies caught within from leaving. Could be used as a high tech taming pen, a trap to capture and ensnare creatures and players, or even as a Tek prison. - oh boy... I can see a few of the tribes on my maps having a bit of fun with that one. 
  • Give admins commands to toggle weather effects like fog and rain on and off on all maps. - I am all for customization of unofficial maps - be them rented, single or dedicated maps. I would probably expand on it though. If not a checkbox to turn weather cycles "off" or "on", there should be a Weather Customization section where you can choose between each type available on the selected map. So if I were setting up The Center for example; I could choose to turn off the storms and leave on the fog because while one is annoying, the other causes terrible strobe lighting. 
  • Give admins a "Fix" command which repairs all damaged or broken gear in their inventory. - Not something I can see myself using - we use the commands rarely. However I don' t mind the idea for those that might be more likely to use it. 
  • Add a command that destroys all connected pieces of a single structure, similar to the GiveAllStructure command. - I can see situations where this could be used - Our work around has been to use a secondary character who can take ownership of the structures then remove them. This way I do not have to worry about my playable character losing their items. It is actually how we complete most admin duties. Players know that our secondaries have access to the codes and will use them only when necessary while our mains are players only. 

Overall, great list of items. I think they should take a look at it. ?

15 hours ago, soepie7 said:

If memory serves me correctly, you can use ForceAllStructureLocking=true in your GUS.ini to lock everything, including things that normall cannot be locked.

Sure, but for people like me, who are just an admin and not the owner of the server, we can't change the .ini file, and honestly, even if I had the ability to, I'm not confident in my ability to do so without messing something up at this time. It might be easier to make it an "advanced settings" option for servers, specifically for those who aren't the best as playing with server settings in a server manager console. Which, also, brings up players on console, who as I understand it (I may be wrong) don't have the option to change .ini files either.

That said, do you think that would fix the issue with Dedicated Storage still be able to be accessed, even when they are locked? Cause that's the primary crux of the issue.

12 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

As a player, admin, and coder for a PC-Xbox Crossplay Cluster, when I saw the first line, I knew I had to stop in and read if over. Just to see if the things you have been seeing/noticing are the same as what I have come across. 

• Fix building snap points so they don't cycle through and change on their own when placing something. - Agreed
  • Adjust creature and player hit boxes so things don't get stuck on each other or get knocked around so easily. - Agreed. Some are pretty bad. Bred some Theriz's and the box to claim them was way off the mark. 
  • Make all structure pieces (campfires, sleeping bags, spiked walls, pipes, cables, dino leashes, etc) that currently don't automatically demolish once their timer runs out eventually auto decay. - Please!
  • Patch the bug where after you log out while laying down in a bed or tek pod, you either are stuck in the bed and can't move, or can move around, but can't interact with anything without relogging. - Another good one. 
  • Make dino leashes able to be demolished by people outside of the tribe that owns them when the decay timer runs out. - Again, this should be a must have. 
  • Make pipes and cables able to be broken with kill commands and the creative mode gun. - This would be amazing. For the most part I have them set to a quick despawn timer, but if I am cleaning up - I would like to just be able to take it all down.
  • Fix bolas on Extinction, they don't work a lot of the time. - I noticed this back when we had an extinction map, but we closed it due to the constant crashing. If it is still an issue, it should be addressed.
  • Make all containers and structure pieces with inventory slots able to be locked. - The only item we have noticed this issue with are the Tek Dedicated Storages. Vaults, boxes, and whatnot seem to be able to be locked by default if the setting is set to do so. The Tek Dedicated storages however, seem to require a pin lock in order to keep others out. Even if they say "Locked", we have had new players steal from those who had some placed outside. 
  • Add a server option that makes it so that only tribe members or allies can turn things like torches, generators, replicators, fabricators, turrets, etc, on or off. - Honestly I would take it a step further so that there is a setting in the alliance menu that will let you approve them do to so or not. Sort of like the governance settings, but for alliances
  • Fix the bug allowing anybody to access dedicated storage, even if they're locked. - Agreed, and mentioned above.
  • Make tek lights not change brightness settings after server restarts. - Agreed, though I would have to expand this to all powered lighting including lampposts. On our server we have had both reset, not just when the server restarts, but when a character leaves render for too long. Most players have tried to find a work-around such as painting the light so it doesn't seem so bright.
  • Add an option to toggle snap points on and off. - love it. 
  • Make more things snappable, I.E. storage boxes, paint canvases, bookshelves, feeding troughs, compost bins, beer barrels, etc. - This would be awesome. I would imagine if there was a key, or combination of, that you could use to turn it on and off, then both those who like it free style and snappable would approve. 
  • Fix the glitch that causes wild beehives to spawn on top of each other, often resulting in dozens in one spot. - This is an annoying set up. Find a "live" beehive is often difficult enough as is - and find those that are stacked is just annoying. 
  • Make it so you don't get turned a different direction when using the teleportation mode with the creative mode gun. - Honestly, I hardly ever use that function, so I haven't noticed this issue. But if it is exists, it should be reviewed. 
  • Make it so that if an Ichthyornis steals and eats narcoberries or narcotics, its torpor increases. - I like it. It makes sense. 
  • Add functionality to the Tek Cloner that allows players to change their character's appearance by making an "imperfect clone" of themselves. - Not sure about this one. I don't mind the idea of being able to change your character without the use of commands, but it almost would make more sense to be able to use a mirror or something to do so. On the fence with it. 
  • Add functionality to the Tek Shield that "reverses" it's use, and prevents enemies caught within from leaving. Could be used as a high tech taming pen, a trap to capture and ensnare creatures and players, or even as a Tek prison. - oh boy... I can see a few of the tribes on my maps having a bit of fun with that one. 
  • Give admins commands to toggle weather effects like fog and rain on and off on all maps. - I am all for customization of unofficial maps - be them rented, single or dedicated maps. I would probably expand on it though. If not a checkbox to turn weather cycles "off" or "on", there should be a Weather Customization section where you can choose between each type available on the selected map. So if I were setting up The Center for example; I could choose to turn off the storms and leave on the fog because while one is annoying, the other causes terrible strobe lighting. 
  • Give admins a "Fix" command which repairs all damaged or broken gear in their inventory. - Not something I can see myself using - we use the commands rarely. However I don' t mind the idea for those that might be more likely to use it. 
  • Add a command that destroys all connected pieces of a single structure, similar to the GiveAllStructure command. - I can see situations where this could be used - Our work around has been to use a secondary character who can take ownership of the structures then remove them. This way I do not have to worry about my playable character losing their items. It is actually how we complete most admin duties. Players know that our secondaries have access to the codes and will use them only when necessary while our mains are players only. 

Overall, great list of items. I think they should take a look at it. ?

Thank you for the endorsement, I appreciate it.

I just wanted to give my reasoning for a couple of the things you seemingly weren't sold on though.

The Cloning Chamber being used for changing your character's look could be tied to implants? Maybe it takes x amount of implants to change your appearance? Maybe you could use a specific player's implant to take on THEIR appearance? Could be interesting from a game mechanic standpoint, and realistically, it makes more sense that a cloning machine would give you the ability to change how you look than a mirror. That said, it could easily go either way, cause video game logic.

The weather commands simply need expanded. There are already commands on servers like Island that allow admins to make it start raining or to have the fog roll in, but none to make it stop raining or for the fog to disappear. All we need is the second half of a command that's already in place. Let us clear the skies just as easily as we make them cloudy.

As for the "DestroyAllStructure" command, which would destroy all connected pieces of a single structure, we would use this as admins to remove the base of a player who has moved, without having to mess with ownership or secondary characters, using destroytribestructures, or the admin gun/kill command. It'd be a much simpler command in the grand scheme of things, imo.

Also, and I'm gonna add this to the above list here in a sec, but they should add a defibrillator to the game, that is a single use item that can resurrect any creature from the dead, as long as it's body is still intact. Did your Rex die falling off a cliff? Didn't get that newborn baby fed in time? Yell "CLEAR", zap 'em, and bring them back and try again. Could also be used on dead players, as long as their body is still intact, and be useful for PVP encounters. Of course, any creature or player brought back in such a way should respawn with low health, and not be fully healed. Could be a nice little addition, and could take some of the sting out of losing creatures to ARK being ARK.

Archived