Need help with breeding / egg incubation

Nightwalker

Need help with breeding / egg incubation

Hi all,

hope here is someone able to help...see what I am missing...here the sitaution:

I have 2 Raptors, off course male and female, and succesfully got quite some eggs from them by now...
but with one exception, none is actually incubating, no Mini Raptor hatching...the incubation timer just dont want to start - and I have no idea why....

- we are indeed talking about fertilzed eggs, the result of 2 dinos having fun for adults ... ^^
- the temperature is right on point, 5 AC's make sure of that...so I see the incubation timer, no "too hot" or "too cold"...the timer just won't start...
- my base is in a Raptor suitable climate, I have wild Raptors right in front of my gates...

I tried for around 20 times now, mentioned one exception above...in that case, the female dropped the egg, and it instantly started incubating...
But for the other 19 attempts, I have no idea why it does not work, I see no diffrence to the one time exception...
Same parents, same spot, same temperature....plenty of food for all off course....

Makes me think, breeding might be severely bugged, but then I see the success of so many others, even trading dinos across ARKS...

So....anyone an idea, what essential part I am missing?

20191014201913_1.1.jpg

sure, just one fire in that breeding/incubation room, and it instantly says, too hot...
tried with more AC's, but some result...

After the last minutes, I tend to even more think, it might be a bug...
Tried the same with some Hesperornis (I have 4, 1xmale 3x female)
Same problem, fertilized egg not incubating....so, i just left the egg in my incubation room, went resource gathering...
And when I came back, I suddenly noticed this mini Hespi tapping around the base...

SO, the timer wasnt starting like with the raptors....but at some point, when I was away from my castle...it suddenly worked....odd....very very odd...

OK, I think I consider this "solved"... or better said, "obsolete"...

It happened twice now...a fertilized egg, no incubation starting, despite correct temperature...
but when I leave my base, return 20 minutes later....a little creature runs around in my base...
Before, I can sit in front of the egg for 20 minutes, stare at it, and I dont see a second from the 13 min incubation timer passing by...

Well...so be it, at least I can breed...incubate....hatch....even if with tricks only....
...if i ever find the answer, what causes this odd phenomen, maybe I post it here ^^

thx for making an attempt to help DeHamer ;)

6 minutes ago, Nightwalker said:

OK, I think I consider this "solved"... or better said, "obsolete"...

It happened twice now...a fertilized egg, no incubation starting, despite correct temperature...
but when I leave my base, return 20 minutes later....a little creature runs around in my base...
Before, I can sit in front of the egg for 20 minutes, stare at it, and I dont see a second from the 13 min incubation timer passing by...

Well...so be it, at least I can breed...incubate....hatch....even if with tricks only....
...if i ever find the answer, what causes this odd phenomen, maybe I post it here ^^

thx for making an attempt to help DeHamer ;)

It was probably lag if this is the case, or a glitch where it isnt showing the incubation.

I see the no timer change with breeding dinos, can sit there and stare at them and it just sits at 10-20-40% done, I walk away a little come back and look again and it jumps up.   Haven't seen this happen with eggs yet though, the worst thing I have going on with them is they count to zero and then don't hatch, 1 minute... 5 minutes... nope didn't hatch.  I pick the egg up no matter how long I wait, I toss it back down and it has anywhere from 30 seconds to 1m 50 s waiting on them,  I figure this is something with the timer glitching and lag spikes hitting.  All the servers seem to be experiencing a higher then normal lag factor lately.

It's quite common for servers to have the egg timers not line up with what you see once they are close to done.  THe more the server lags for server saves, longer lag spikes for server saves equals a greater time difference in my experience.  The longer the egg takes to mature, the longer the difference will be towards the end.  For me , it always corrects after picking up and dropping again.

And w/ gestating animals, I see that all the time.  Their timer does not regularly update.  Might be related to how many animals are out gestating at the same time.  I'm not sure how the server manages the timers, but I imagine it's got a lot to do other than tell us the exact time for the birth.

Archived