Too hard good bye Ark

Dame

Too hard good bye Ark

I've been playing this game since it first came out and I loved it. I've played on public and private servers beside single player. This is no longer a single player game. It is now the most demoralizing, discouraging and impossible game to play single player and get anywhere with building or harvesting resources.

37 minutes ago, Dame said:

Too hard good bye Ark

I've been playing this game since it first came out and I loved it. I've played on public and private servers beside single player. This is no longer a single player game. It is now the most demoralizing, discouraging and impossible game to play single player and get anywhere with building or harvesting resources.

How?

Settings exist for a reason.

Don't get a lot of play time, play with higher rates. Problem solved.

In 2017 and most of 2018, I played single player and near default settings.

Then I started burning out on the game, as it was just too grindy for me; with work and commute, and other IRL stuff.

Some people suggested I try UNofficial servers, with modified settings.

Ever since then, I'm back to enjoying the game.  I have already "earned my stripes" playing the hard way, now I can just play and have fun.

If you haven't played Ark PVE on a private server, alone or with friends, you've missed the best Ark has to offer. I have several characters going on private dedicated servers now, and I also have several going on local non-dedicated private secured sessions. 

One of the many great things I've discovered about private servers, along with being able to tweak settings, etc, is that you can transfer items & Dinos from a private hosted (dedicated) server into a local non-dedicated game for 'archival' purposes. At any point, I can 'resurrect' any of my dinos or breeding lines that have been 'archived' and bring them forward into a new map.

A little tip for the OP:  Breeding certain dinos like a Therizino for power harvesting makes even 1x rates bearable easily.  Harvesting is all about knowing where to go and what to use.  Therizino power harvesting in a swamp for wood is pretty good.  Megatherium in a swamp for thatch is also pretty good as well in my experience.  Bear in Abberation harvesting organic polymer plants is good for lots of organic polymer, or a moschops with lots of melee and all points in org poly and kill Mantis and harvest them with the C ability for loads of poly.  

For metal farming Aberration is and probably will always be the best with a very high melee Ankylo and a crab.  For pretty good drops check desert drops in Ragnarok, Lava Golem Cave for good flak bps, Orbital drops in Extinction, and any other red deep sea loot crates you know about if you're willing to travel around for them.  Rag is hands down the easiest high level loot in the game with their deep sea drops, and Scorched Earth drops as well.  Just put beds near all of them with a box/vault nearby and drop them until you pick them up later.

Also, make crafted food and drinks for yourself it really helps out, make med brews, soups, and try to loot every beacon for good bps.  I mean if you played since release I'm guessing you never learned the above things.   Single player I'm pretty sure is also on boosted rates and bosses are also easier as well and tuned for solo play.  It shouldn't be too hard to even complete them with decent dinos.  In my opinion, you could beat easy brood with a bunch of tamed megatherium just fine with prim saddles and get a replicator up and running.

• Volunteer Moderator

Whether something is too hard or not is dependant on the player, so to the OP it may be hard, to others it may not, doesn't mean it is not too hard for the OP.

My thoughts on single player is that the actual single player mode is not hard due to the ability to tweak settings, however, depending on the type of player you are you could find it very boring.

As for single player on servers, i.e. solo play (not sure if the OP means the mode or solo play) then I can understand that it can be seen as very hard, particularly on official servers.

@Dame sorry to here you have found the game too hard. Maybe you just haven't found the right unofficial server for you? Whatever you decide to do now, good luck to you.

1 hour ago, Dame said:

Too hard good bye Ark

I beg to differ dude, I've played and done a lot more in single player than I've ever managed to do in PVP.  You can easily tame a Titanosaurus by yourself in single player, which is the end game tame on the island, so I don't understand how it is too hard.  And I play with single player settings off dude and max difficulty offset to 5.

2 hours ago, Dame said:

Too hard good bye Ark

If you still like it, as some have suggested find a nice PvE Unofficial with better rates and some QoL mods.  Some of these clusters have been around for 2+ years and aren't the temporary ones you will see come and go, if you watch Unofficial clusters.  There's too damn much to do on this game to walk away.

38 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

My biggest complaint about single player in Ark is its stability (its not actually fit for purpose) and lack of server options compared to those available on actual servers.

Seconded.  Can't really play SP other than for testing, and only then if you severely edit your ini because there is still no option that just 100% straight-up makes SP replicate the exact settings of the literally thousands of online official 1x servers.  If I recall, all bosses do reduced damage on singleplayer and there is no way to change this currently.  If someone knows (not to hijack thread) I would love the info because actual boss-testing would be a blessing.

Ark nunca se juega realmente sólo, en pvp siempre habrán tóxicos cerca que se creen dioses o noobs que la lian sólo por diversión ? también muchos gamers en buena onda intentándolo también... si tienes mucha paciencia y tiempo disponible Oficiales PVP son para ti, si por otro lado quieres disfrutar y desarrollar el juego y su historia, Oficiales PVE y nitrados es la respuesra, buena suerte!!! ?

3 hours ago, DeHammer said:

If you haven't played Ark PVE on a private server, alone or with friends, you've missed the best Ark has to offer. I have several characters going on private dedicated servers now, and I also have several going on local non-dedicated private secured sessions. 

One of the many great things I've discovered about private servers, along with being able to tweak settings, etc, is that you can transfer items & Dinos from a private hosted (dedicated) server into a local non-dedicated game for 'archival' purposes. At any point, I can 'resurrect' any of my dinos or breeding lines that have been 'archived' and bring them forward into a new map.

So for the above, where you say you can transfer items & Dinos, is that only when you are the admin of the private server? I've been away from ARK for a few years, I don't think we had any feature back then to transfer items & Dinos from a private server to a local game. How does this work now assuming you are not the admin of the private server?

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

That's PC only mentality. Sadly console players are like second class citizens. And the Switch dosen't even get a seat at the table.

I mean, thats on the devs for being lazy jerks and not taking care of those groups of people that payed for their broken game, but that still doesn't change the fact that the game is still very doable in single player without ridiculous rates. I am in no way defending the Devs, I think they are as bad as the next person, I just think the single player game is semi well balanced or at the very least just as well balanced as PVP and PVE.  The only rate I boost on my single player game is mature time, and the only reason I do that is because I can't just leave the game running 24/7 to get the same results somebody on a server would.  And I also boost imprint intervals so I have to imprint just as much as anybody that does a full raise on official.  I've been playing single player since early access alongside occasionally playing online and I've managed to make it all the way to Tek Tier and beaten every island boss solo except for the Dragon higher than Gamma and Overseer on single player without cheating.

3 hours ago, TheDonn said:

If you still like it, as some have suggested find a nice PvE Unofficial with better rates and some QoL mods.  Some of these clusters have been around for 2+ years and aren't the temporary ones you will see come and go, if you watch Unofficial clusters.  There's too damn much to do on this game to walk away.

Seconded.  Can't really play SP other than for testing, and only then if you severely edit your ini because there is still no option that just 100% straight-up makes SP replicate the exact settings of the literally thousands of online official 1x servers.  If I recall, all bosses do reduced damage on singleplayer and there is no way to change this currently.  If someone knows (not to hijack thread) I would love the info because actual boss-testing would be a blessing.

You are also going to run into the problem that even if you did get the bosses to do exact damage like their server counterparts the results would still be inaccurate because server lag and latency also affects how much damage your tames can dish out against the bosses.

13 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I mean, you are also going to run into the problem that even if you did get the bosses to do exact damage like their server counterparts the results would still be inaccurate because server lag and latency also affects how much damage your tames can dish out against the bosses.

Seems like it is something that can be solved by timing a singleplayer bosskill and maybe adding 10% extra time to account for an extreme amount of server lag.  Provided the damage output is the same between singleplayer and official, you will then have a very good idea of the power required to fight a boss.  And even if it isn't exactly comparable because of server lag on official, it will be a hell of a lot closer than the current singleplayer setup where bosses hit for nearly nothing when you have good saddles on a dino.

But it's not like server lag would add anything close to 10% longer time.  And you'd be able to easily tell if you were close to a kill or close to a wipe, which is what I try to use the testing for.  Doing a singleplayer test with near-official stats for boss dinos would be useless because victory is 100% assured.  But doing a singleplayer test with a 41/40 HP/melee Therizino line if the boss damage/resistance was accurate using primitive saddles and 5 cakes on each Theri would be cool, if it was actually accurate.  As it stands now that boss-group composition with only a Yuty can kill Beta Ragnarok easily on singleplayer, which is hogwash compared to the damage official bosses put out.

I rambled a bit Rip.  Hopefully it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Seems like it is something that can be solved by timing a singleplayer bosskill and maybe adding 10% extra time to account for an extreme amount of server lag.  Provided the damage output is the same between singleplayer and official, you will then have a very good idea of the power required to fight a boss.  And even if it isn't exactly comparable because of server lag on official, it will be a hell of a lot closer than the current singleplayer setup where bosses hit for nearly nothing when you have good saddles on a dino.

But it's not like server lag would add anything close to 10% longer time.  And you'd be able to easily tell if you were close to a kill or close to a wipe, which is what I try to use the testing for.  Doing a singleplayer test with near-official stats for boss dinos would be useless because victory is 100% assured.  But doing a singleplayer test with a 41/40 HP/melee Therizino line if the boss damage/resistance was accurate using primitive saddles and 5 cakes on each Theri would be cool, if it was actually accurate.  As it stands now that boss-group composition with only a Yuty can kill Beta Ragnarok easily on singleplayer, which is hogwash compared to the damage official bosses put out.

I rambled a bit Rip.  Hopefully it makes sense.

I remember people on here arguing that the lag causes a considerable amount of difference in damage output, but if you really wanna test near official rate boss fights can't you just host a server as admin to test things the way you want to?

12 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I remember people on here arguing that the lag causes a considerable amount of difference in damage output, but if you really wanna test near official rate boss fights can't you just host a server as admin to test things the way you want to?

Would that work?  I just think if it is running fully on my machine it will use singleplayer boss rules.

OH BOY, HERE I GO TESTING AGAIN.

Archived