Charcter backup

balrog

Charcter backup

Hi guys,

How are you doing backup of your character in case of loosing it by bad tp jumps?

I lost my whole base because when you crash on tp then you will end with two twin chars (one already copied to new server and second not not deleted yet from previous). With the new "bug fix" for unlimited weight body bag glitch you are getting kicked from the tribe and loose ownership of all you had *facepalm*. Of course support is not responding as usual.

The whole mechanics is just simply stupid. Wildcard have great people for design, graphic and stuff but they are cleary missing devs who are understanding even basic relational concepts and  instead of creating db for characters with information pointing where they are they just copy/delete everything. It seems that free Unreal engine shouldnt be available for everyone. Just imagine if you will tp and the destination server would be rolled back. Character deleted on both servers and no trace of it.

Anyway those situation are happening on daily basis so whats your ways to prevent that?

If this is on an official server, you need to submit a report - look at the "SUPPORT" tab at the top of this forum page.
If this is on unofficial, contact the server owner.  They should have backups.  your character will have it's own data file which they should be able to pull back for you.

I know there are flaws with the way characters and worlds are saved right now, but Databases would bring their own issues and complexities.

Hey, thanks for response.

Ticket is submitted and now its 4th day without response. I was expecting that and i hope this wont be a real problem.

I know that my post is really salty and this is intended. I'm really mad. Dinos are dying because of that and im loosing a lot. This shouldnt happen at all.

The real question is how to prevent that. Im playing solo and i dont want to give any rights to other people to my tribe.

The only way i can see now is to buy a second copy of the game and add chars from two accounts to the tribe so one can add another in case of another glitch.

Maybe since you are more experienced players you know any easier way to make it more safe and reliable without need of buying another game...

Archived