TomBakerARK

Additional SP quality of life improvements

Suggestion

Additional SP quality of life improvements

It would be awesome to expand on some of the offerings which take place behind the scenes when the "Single Player Flag" is checked. Things like;

• Ability to increase Sky based dino speed again(Add a flag to make them non-eligible to be uploaded)
  • Slower spoil timers
  • Make ARK great again hats(Just threw that in there to see who reads these.

Some other things which would be cool would be tiered levels of rafts.

• Starter Raft (available at lvl 5) but can only carry 1 person,  can't build-on it.
  • Reg Raft (available at lvl 15) Just like the current one in game
  • Make sails for these rafts you can build which can increase movement speed.

6 replies to this server topic

• Flyer Speed - It is a topic that has been added and/or included in many posts. Usually suggested as..
    • Added as a default
    • Added as a default to PVE - since there is little harm in doing so from a PVE perspective
    • Added as an option to turn on or off in server set up for all unofficial methods of gameplay. 
    • Added as an option - but with limitations that can be set and/or adjusted unofficially to avoid incredible server lag with flying speeds that are too high. 
      • Overall - as long as it is an option - I am good with it. I would like to be able to add it to my unofficials. As it is, everyone relies on Mana's or Owl's since they can be bred up to be faster than their non-breedable counterparts. 
  • Slower Spoil Timers - 
    • If you are referring this to be added official - I cannot comment on that. I don't play it and as such, I am not effected by it. 
    • If you are referring this to be added unofficially - We have done so on the PC/Xbox crossplay cluster I run, and it is nice. You can make it back to base without losing half of what you picked up due to timers. 
  • Make Ark Great Again hats - 
    • Saw the note, read the note - and personally, I am good with the addition of just about any skin option coming to us. The clothing hardly ever changes so it is only the skins we can rely on for variety. 
  • Raft Tiers
    • I can agree that they are missing out with including more rafts/boats - but I am going to hold of on outright suggesting any as there seems to be a slight chance that Genesis may include more ocean to travel and with it, additional engrams. Fingers crossed. 

In the end, this is a suggestion I can upvote. 🙂👍

On 10/15/2019 at 3:23 PM, TomBakerARK said:
  1. Ability to increase Sky based dino speed again(Add a flag to make them non-eligible to be uploaded)
  2. Slower spoil timers
  3. Make ARK great again hats(Just threw that in there to see who reads these.
  1. Well, the problem is that it is still not possible to change creature components (which decide what stats can be leveled) during runtime, which is what configs need. This requires an overhaul of the base creature class, which could be very dangerous. Also, if uploading them is not allowed, that means you cannot even transfer them within your own cluster or to other singleplayer maps.
  2. There is a config for this already. Also, Singleplayer doesn't need this, as things don't spoil anyway when you're 'offline'.
  3. ...

It seems that none of these suggestions are really aimed towards Singleplayer, like you mentioned.

10 hours ago, soepie7 said:

It seems that none of these suggestions are really aimed towards Singleplayer, like you mentioned.

Except for the fact that they all were.

If you play single player on the PC you most likely run it with a server (as resource nodes don't re spawn). You can always tweak and hack/modify settings would be nice if they just had the ability to come stock/configured with SP is clicked.

11 hours ago, TomBakerARK said:

Except for the fact that they all were.

If you play single player on the PC you most likely run it with a server (as resource nodes don't re spawn). You can always tweak and hack/modify settings would be nice if they just had the ability to come stock/configured with SP is clicked.

I do play Singleplayer, abd I still don't see a connection. The config for speed flyers for example; why is that directed to Singleplayer, and not just to Ark in general? Do people who play Singleplayer have less patience when traveling?