Fear Evolved 3

GP

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Abrahel said:

i wouldnt be surprised if they code it similar to the titanosaur. where it wont aggro on your stuff unless you attack it

i remember when my base on offiicial (back when i played official) was attacked by a dodo rex. they are aggressive naturally and are vicious. back in the last fear events they were super hard to kill, but to be honest back then we did not have all the OP stuff we have now like tek and new creatures and mutation breeding. so either they make it more OP by buffing it up or we are gonna be seeing alot of easy dodorex kills. i remember the entire server teamed up to kill the dodorex on the official server iw as on. it brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. now i bet people are just gonna lead it to basses and destroy each other. i would love to see purple, orange, yellow, black, grey, greens and possibly white. would love to tame ghostly colours creatures. since the rex rlc i cant seem to find any black or white rexes like you could get them before the tlc so i would love to tame some black and white rexes. also i would love if u could get skins for weapons like a pumkin launcher for rocket launcher. maybe a wand skin for the club. a skeleton skin for players would bee super cool. i would love scaring people in the nigh dressed as a skeleton. for the maps. a dodoreaper for abberation would be cool, and it spawns zombie nameless. for extinction a corrupt dodorex and dodo wyvern or one of the two. for rag both a dodorex and dodowyvern would be cool, for val maybe a dodorex,  dodowyvern and dodoreaper would be awsome.  a cool idea would be a witch that flies across and drops pumpkin beacons. where you can get boosted loot and you collect pumpkins that can be used to craft certain things like the pumkin launcher skin. if you collect maybe 1000 you can summon the dodorex as a tame, but like a titan it dies or decomposes. you could possible also spawn a dodowyvern and the other dodo creatures. depending on the map determines what you can spawn. maybe the bosses could be zombie versions of their normal forms, or wear witches hats. zombie versions of common dinos would be cool, if i recall the saber on the fear evolved poster is a zombie saber. yet i dont ever recall seeing or getting a zombie saber in ark. i would love to see a zombie argent. they are harder to tame than normal creatures but are slightly stronger than regular creaturs. they cant breed aswell. maybe make nights slightly longer.

2 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i remember when my base on offiicial (back when i played official) was attacked by a dodo rex. they are aggressive naturally and are vicious. back in the last fear events they were super hard to kill, but to be honest back then we did not have all the OP stuff we have now like tek and new creatures and mutation breeding. so either they make it more OP by buffing it up or we are gonna be seeing alot of easy dodorex kills. i remember the entire server teamed up to kill the dodorex on the official server iw as on.

O.o you realize that the DoDoRex starts with a 666,666 hp base right? thats 200k more then the Dragon Boss. thats not counting the hp per level of the DoDoRex.  The DoDoWyvern with its per level boost is even tougher

19 hours ago, monomania said:

Can we please get some assurance that our bases will be safe in PVE during this event ?

they are pve bosses, no base will be safe.

from my experience with the dodowyvern, we never had them aggro on structures, but they will attack dinos. keep your dinos inside and maybe turn turrets off.

we had the dodowyvern+adds spawn right next to our base several times, and they didn't destroy anything. they killed some dinos in our outside pen though, before we moved most of them away that night.

I believe the dodowyvern spawns every third night at midnight or so, and it will play a sound and show a text when it happens. nights are longer during halloween, so you might be able to simply log out and let orp kick in before midnight to be completely safe - orp wasn't a thing back then and our small base had no defenses. it was partially made from wood, but we still only lost a few dinos that were placed outside.

it can be different this time though!

Can someone, maybe official, say if the DodoRex is now a danger to Metal Bases and Tames on PVE servers without Aggro it?

I dont think its fun if we are loosing everything or even boss breeds when spawned in the middle of our base or outposts...month of work work would be gone....just because of this event?

43 minutes ago, MarkusTiger said:

Can someone, maybe official, say if the DodoRex is now a danger to Metal Bases and Tames on PVE servers without Aggro it?

I dont think its fun if we are loosing everything or even boss breeds when spawned in the middle of our base or outposts...month of work work would be gone....just because of this event?

i hope its a danger to bases :)PVE maps are too easy novadays...

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, FreeEnergyDrink said:

i hope its a danger to bases :)PVE maps are too easy novadays...

I'm fine with that, as long as the danger is not generated through other players kiting it as then it is PvPvE. But still we have to wait to find out how it will work first and whether it is different from before.

46 minutes ago, MarkusTiger said:

According to dododex he can indeed damage metal structures. I also wonder if there are going to be spiders and bats like we had before. In that case I will have to cryo almost all dinos, my structures are fancy and good looking but provide no protection. Lost some dinos to aggressive bats last time, not going to make that mistake twice...

SE: Dodo Wyvern was so that it would spawn every day at night at midnight (24:00) And you only had a few minutes to take it down before it despawned. (Somewhere between 04:00-05:00) It had random spawns on the map, maybe about 5-6 spots? Consisted of the Dodo wyvern itself and zombie wyverns that would spawn with it as adds, when the dodo wyvern was destroyed the zombie wyverns became claimable as tames.

Island: Dodo Rex was built around the same theory, (Summonable) ? the main issue it was a problem in griefing bases PVP or PVE. Dodorex would gain experience every time it killed something, causing it to level exponentially out of control. I'd imagine that they would control this by hopefully removing this feature of summoning at a particular location and removing its ability to gain experience.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Aboreal said:

Island: Dodo Rex was built around the same theory, (Summonable) ? the main issue it was a problem in griefing bases PVP or PVE. Dodorex would gain experience every time it killed something, causing it to level exponentially out of control. I'd imagine that they would control this by hopefully removing this feature of summoning at a particular location and removing its ability to gain experience.

The DodoRex was only summonable during the Turkey Trials events, whereas with Fear Evolved it spawned every 3 ingame days at midnight. That's not to say they won't be changing it further this time round.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

I think a thing also too look at we have 2 extra maps as well (valg and ext) this time, so there has to be some changes.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They are still mod maps so although they will still get stuff during the event that doesn't mean the likes of DodoRex or DodoWyvern etc will spawn on those maps. Often things like that are restricted to official maps only.

17 minutes ago, GP said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. They are still mod maps so although they will still get stuff during the event that doesn't mean the likes of DodoRex or DodoWyvern etc will spawn on those maps. Often things like that are restricted to official maps only.

Is Extinction not a official map then?  Just asking out if interest 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Plum28 said:

Is Extinction not a official map then?  Just asking out if interest 

Yes Extinction is, i misread and thought you said Val and Rag. So Aberration and Extinction may very well get halloween spawns, although Aberration hasn't before, so hopefully it will this time.

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Yes!!! I wanna see tears and carnage! !!! Even if it spawns in my base idc would be epic

Ditto. I want to walk around the Island scared out my skin ! So long as it causes carnage without doing it unfairly if you know what I mean. Fair enough if it destroys bases if they are not defended properly but its another matter if it bugs out and it spawns in peoples bases because you know... Ark. Which reminds me I need to go and stick down some behemoth gateways to cover the weak point in my base....

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ditto. I want to walk around the Island scared out my skin ! So long as it causes carnage without doing it unfairly if you know what I mean. Fair enough if it destroys bases if they are not defended properly but its another matter if it bugs out and it spawns in peoples bases because you know... Ark. Which reminds me I need to go and stick down some behemoth gateways to cover the weak point in my base....

My main base is in extinction  I think I'll be good seeing  how I have500+ spike walls and orp gates blocking my base lol  

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

The DodoRex is basically the Mother-of-all-Dodos, so makes sure you fill your base with Dodos and she'll be sure to leave the base alone.... as long as the Dodos are being well fed and looked after! ?

5 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

My main base is in extinction  I think I'll be good seeing  how I have500+ spike walls and orp gates blocking my base lol  

You'll be fine then ?

3 minutes ago, GP said:

The DodoRex is basically the Mother-of-all-Dodos, so makes sure you fill your base with Dodos and she'll be sure to leave the base alone.... as long as the Dodos are being well fed and looked after! ?

I'll start taming dodos post haste ! 

Archived