Fear Evolved 3

GP

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, TomBakerARK said:

Bring in some environmental effects like fall colored trees to go with that spooky music. Darker dino colors and lots of spooky fun.

Fall coloured trees would be great! I really missed them since the first event.

Also orange and black dinos would look great, purple too.

3 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

I also hoping that the skeleton Jerboa can be tamed and that wyvern eggs that get hatched is skeleton ones!

I'm not hoping those can be tamed, or hatched, as there are costumes for both of them, but am hoping for the zombie ones to be tamable/hatchable.

looks like we got 4+ emotes to go with it, Spooky Emotes, Panic Emote, Spooky Dance, and Emote Zombie Emote, i know emotes aren't much but I use them off and on, having more variety will be nice, hopefully HLNA will participate in them.

looks like all the previous event critters and items are going to be there, One thing people have mentioned they wished for is that event items (i.e. like the scarecrow, tombstones) don't go away or rapidly decay after the event is over, it would be nice to be able to dress up your spooky cemetery and have it stay all year around.   I think in this aspect, wildcard could learn a thing or two from Elderscrolls online, every year you get event items to decorate your houses with, and they remain just like normal placable items until you remove them (as creatures in that game can't get inside your house).

i'm hoping to get some dino's with black n' orange, and i wish there were more zombie dino's, if they were tamable.

45 minutes ago, Plum28 said:

This is the first Fear Evolved I will be playing, 

I am hoping for some colors: 

Dark purple 

Lime Green or Dark green. 

I also hoping that the skeleton Jerboa can be tamed and that wyvern eggs that get hatched is skeleton ones!

As I am not sure how the previous ones worked 

skele stuff is all skins. the zombie wyverns are only for when you kill the dodowyvern. and you cant fly on them unless they finally change it. they are just fancy overgrown pretty and iconic tames you can claim 

4 minutes ago, TomBakerARK said:

I just saw the community crunch where it was revealed there would be a fear evolved this year and i couldn't be happier!

Since it seems to be a US thing maybe next year they can call it "Fall'O'ween" or something ha.

Anyway Thanks DEV TEAM!!

doubt it , its always been fear evolved

1 hour ago, GP said:

This topic is dedicated to everything Fear Evolved 3.

I have a question, cause frankly i just don't remember, only one i got to participate in is the first event (2015), How often do the dodorex/dodowyvern spawn? and are there ever more then one of them on the map?

I was doing some memory refreshing on these guys and they are basically like having a boss fight going, so I'm hoping they only spawn one on a map at a single time sense they aren't area locked.  would be pretty bad to have a dodorex and a dodowyvern showing up at your base at the same time. Can anyone clairify how they work when spawning in to the map? honestly, i really don't remember.

Just now, Cymas said:

Still hopeful that one of these years we'll get a skele spino skin. I know it wasn't listed as one of the new items this year, sadly.

i'm betting they have a few surprises that won't be shown till the trailer or just before the event is launched.

1 minute ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

is the event items on auto decay same as the xmas lights/snow man

sadly all event placables decay away :( wish they didn't, the easter event let me deco my hatchery to look like.... well... a hatchery even when i wasn't hatching eggs.  Its a shame they do that with them, the decay, it would be nice to be able to have them year around/till they are destroyed normally.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

I have a question, cause frankly i just don't remember, only one i got to participate in is the first event (2015), How often do the dodorex/dodowyvern spawn? and are there ever more then one of them on the map?

I was doing some memory refreshing on these guys and they are basically like having a boss fight going, so I'm hoping they only spawn one on a map at a single time sense they aren't area locked.  would be pretty bad to have a dodorex and a dodowyvern showing up at your base at the same time. Can anyone clairify how they work when spawning in to the map? honestly, i really don't remember.

i'm betting they have a few surprises that won't be shown till the trailer or just before the event is launched.

sadly all event placables decay away :( wish they didn't, the easter event let me deco my hatchery to look like.... well... a hatchery even when i wasn't hatching eggs.  Its a shame they do that with them, the decay, it would be nice to be able to have them year around/till they are destroyed normally.

dodowyvern was ONLY on SE. and it ONLY spawned at night. if you hadnt killed it come Morning, you lost out and had to wait the next round

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

From memory in the first Fear Evolved at least the DodoRex spawned only on the Island and it spawned anywhere every few ingame nights. I think it was something like every 3 ingame days at midnight. Similar to RaptorClaus but not as frequent. There would only be one at a time as only one spawns and has a timer on it before it disappears.

In later Fear Evolved's the DodoWyvern came to SE, which was the same mechanic.

However, I do recall at some point the DodoRex was to be summoned rather than auto-spawned. I remember people having to collect stuff from the graveyards that spawned and then use that stuff to summon the DodoRex. I'm not sure at what point this happened but I do recall that being a feature. So it may be that they make it spawnable rather than auto-spawn. That may have been in a Thanksgiving Event, the Turkey Trials.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

(see above post)

14 minutes ago, Abrahel said:

(see above post)

Thanks for the quick response, that makes me feel a little better, still going to get some base defenses setup before the even fires off, would hate to log in and find my base being eaten by one of them (i play island, scorched earth, extinction, valguero and ragnarok)

Am hoping for pretty much what we got in the last event. I loved the music and the rest of the atmospherics. Loved the moon silhouetted with the dodorex head and the accompanying shooting stars. It would be nice to get the Autumnal colours on the trees too, dont think we got that in the last event.

I wonder how they will distribute the dodorex/wyvern across the maps. Heck will all maps even get any of them. I guess Island, Aberration and the Center will get the Dodorex and Scorched the dodowyvern. But what about Val, Rag and Extinction ? 

Yeah I think @GPwas right, I had it in my head it was every 3 nights from midnight through to dawn. I really hope its like that again, I dont fancy the summoning method used in the Thanksgiving event.

20 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am hoping for pretty much what we got in the last event. I loved the music and the rest of the atmospherics. Loved the moon silhouetted with the dodorex head and the accompanying shooting stars. It would be nice to get the Autumnal colours on the trees too, dont think we got that in the last event.

I wonder how they will distribute the dodorex/wyvern across the maps. Heck will all maps even get any of them. I guess Island, Aberration and the Center will get the Dodorex and Scorched the dodowyvern. But what about Val, Rag and Extinction ? 

Yeah I think @GPwas right, I had it in my head it was every 3 nights from midnight through to dawn. I really hope its like that again, I dont fancy the summoning method used in the Thanksgiving event.

Thats all i could find on youtube to summon it via cooking pot and turkey bones.

are the zombie versions dodo tamable or are they like the bunny oviraptors

22 minutes ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

Thats all i could find on youtube to summon it via cooking pot and turkey bones.

are the zombie versions dodo tamable or are they like the bunny oviraptors

Yeah that was the way of the turkey trials i believe. It spawned in a random location during Fear Evolved and you had to find it and kill it before it despawned.

Zombie dodos were untamable and were quite vicious I think, dont remeber much about those. The zombie wyverns however were tamable after defeating the dodowyvern. Basically you killed the dodowyvern and walked up to the zombiewyverns to tame them. 

Edit: Apparently the zombiedodos were tamable after all.

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah that was the way of the turkey trials i believe. It spawned in a random location during Fear Evolved and you had to find it and kill it before it despawned.

Zombie dodos were untamable and were quite vicious I think, dont remeber much about those. The zombie wyverns however were tamable after defeating the dodowyvern. Basically you killed the dodowyvern and walked up to the zombiewyverns to tame them. 

Zomdodo's were claimable after defeating the DodoRex.

I hope we get access to some of the harder skins to get ahold of such as the higher tier Rockwell masks and hopefully some new ones too.  Emotes are fun too, but I hope there is something like valentines chocolates added for Halloween.  I’d like to have the Dodorex and Wyvern be fightable again too since the last time they were a thing I didn’t have the resources to fight them.

Archived