tek NEW TEK stuff - and/or modify some

slejo

Suggestion

NEW TEK stuff - and/or modify some

First MODIFY TEK TROUGH - BIGGER RANGE - at least double or tripple
Second ADD NEW TEK VAULT - more space to classic vault.. but not 350 slots but for example 3500 slots for various items
Third MODIFY TEK HELMET with new feature dino finder / dino corpse finder
Fourth MODIFY TEK TRANSMITTER with ability to spawn boss fight
Fifth MODIFY TEK DEDICATED STORAGE with ability to move into another place with contents.. just like carrying Dung Beetle
Sixth MODIFY TEK STRUCTURES with full s+ ability to pick up with no time value.. no 30 seconds, not hour... none!

2 replies to this server topic

• Tek Trough - I have nothing against this idea. Though I would prefer an upgraded engram - perhaps a more costly trough to craft that will have more line items and larger range. That way you could place the basic one if that is all you could afford/need and would have another option that would work a bit differently. 
  • Tek Vault - This one I am 100% for. A while back I actually posted a suggestion for a few new tek items and a vault was included on that list. I posted the link below just in case you are interested in taking a look. ?
  • Tek Helmet - I don't use the Tek gear if I don't have to. I prefer to use skins and armor that is easier to fix/replace if needed. However I have heard many that I play with ask for exactly what you are looking for. Personally, if they are worried about overpowering the helmet by adding new functions too it, I would imagine that a way around it would be to craft skins - similar to the glider - that could be added to the helmet to supply additional functionality. That, or they could simply create separate Tek Helmets. Such as... (these could also be the skins that could be applied)
    • Scuba Helmet - breaths underwater and clear view of the underwater terrain (I know the current helmet does so when powered - but this one would do so and the power would last much longer)
    • Poison Helmet - provides light and protection against gasses
    • Creature Detection - will detect max level creatures by default - will detect all creatures using heat signatures when activated, with max level creatures glowing stronger than others. 
    • Radiation Helmet - When worn in the radiation zone they provide protection and better lighting. 
    • Corpse Locator - Allows you to locate not only your own corpse, but also that of your creatures and tribemates. 
  • Tek Transmitter - I am good with this idea as long as it is either A) for PVE only or B) an unofficial setting that server/map hosts can select when setting up a map. I suggest this due to the issues had when it was in PVP. If there is a way around them, then I would be good for it to apply to all. 
  • Tek Dedicated Storage - while being able to move the storage with the items would be convenient for some - I have many items that would simply to be too heavy with stacking to do so. However as it could be useful to some I can go along with the idea.
  • Tek Structures - As a coder for an unofficial cluster - I can say that I had the opportunity to set it so that items placed could be picked up at any time, however because the option to do so could accidentally be selected, we chose not to. We could foresee that at some point someone would have accidentally picked up something that may have caused something else to collapse, so having that limit was the way we went. If I knew if this suggestion was for unofficial or official I would provide a more guided response. 
    • If this is for official, I would say an unlimited pick up timer would not work. 
    • If for unofficial, I would say the option to turn it off, on, or increase/decrease the time between placement and pickup should be added to all unofficial menu's for server and map set ups. 

Those are just my thoughts. Overall a good list of suggestions I can get behind. 

Archived