Community Crunch 202: Mysterious Mysteries ????, Fear Evolved 3, and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

5 hours ago, monomania said:

Your completely missing the point, this is not about some elevated form of fear, A dodorex in your base can wipe the entire base, for many that includes thousands of dinos and about 10000+ hours of work... get real.

And with the toxic community in Ark you are guaranteed to see bases get wiped from people pulling stuff in.

Ever played extinction?

Same thing, different tune.  If you know how to combat corrupted on extinction, dodorex is no different.

Do you really think the modern gigas won't be able to chew dodorex and spit him out? Plus ORP.  What is PVE without the environment?

17 hours ago, Luewen said:

Except ppl kiting and teleporting stuff to your  base is not player versus environment. Its something worse than pvp.

My base is literally right outside of bloodhollows. I always built my ext like a PVP base, because extinction is the closest we get to PVP. It's better than PVP--at least wild dinos or kited dinos don't usually hop out of the mesh.  Have I had people kite corrupted to my base? Yes, but they didn't go far, because I was prepared.

On Ab I basically live in the blue/red zone, right on the edge. My base is lit and turreted like a fiend to protect from nameless and reaper kings and queens.  I've had stuff spawn in my base before.  You plan for it.

Most of you guys are used to being all cosy and safe on center and rag and island. I get that. But even extinction isn't as bad if you change your mindset. Velons, turrets, and a good guard giga will protect you from most things.  And dodorex won't be that bad, either.

Now, I'm not saying that trolls aren't a problem, because they ARE, and should be dealt with accordingly. I'm just saying a good backup plan goes a long ways in case either the game or a player trolls you. 

2 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Ever played extinction?

Same thing, different tune.  If you know how to combat corrupted on extinction, dodorex is no different.

Do you really think the modern gigas won't be able to chew dodorex and spit him out? Plus ORP.  What is PVE without the environment?

Completely Irrellevant, but also an issue on ext that people are able to destroy even offline protected based on PVE, still not fixed. There is a massive difference between making survival a bit harder and adding a doomsday creature to the game, that's changing the rules while you play a game.

6 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

My base is literally right outside of bloodhollows. I always built my ext like a PVP base, because extinction is the closest we get to PVP. It's better than PVP--at least wild dinos or kited dinos don't usually hop out of the mesh.  Have I had people kite corrupted to my base? Yes, but they didn't go far, because I was prepared.

On Ab I basically live in the blue/red zone, right on the edge. My base is lit and turreted like a fiend to protect from nameless and reaper kings and queens.  I've had stuff spawn in my base before.  You plan for it.

Most of you guys are used to being all cosy and safe on center and rag and island. I get that. But even extinction isn't as bad if you change your mindset. Velons, turrets, and a good guard giga will protect you from most things.  And dodorex won't be that bad, either.

Now, I'm not saying that trolls aren't a problem, because they ARE, and should be dealt with accordingly. I'm just saying a good backup plan goes a long ways in case either the game or a player trolls you. 

You are still missing the point. Why should i have to prepare pvp style defenses on pve server to combat griefing?

There will be different tune when you log on and find dodorex inside your base.

Edited by Luewen
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Luewen said:

You are still missing the point. Why should i have to prepare pvp style defenses on pve server to combat griefing?

There will be different tune when you log on and find dodorex inside your base.

I've logged on to find a giga in my base. It's the same as dodorex. I know, I've been there to the orig dodorex, as well. I keep most of my stuff podded, GMS restored the rest.

Why play a survival game to sit cosy in your house? How boring.

Should you have to worry about being griefed? No.

Should I worry about being jumped on the street? No. 

Do I know martial arts, just in the off chance it happens? Yeah. Because I like to hope for the best and plan for the worst.  People are going to be people, no matter what the devs do. You do you though. You do you. I plan on enjoying the dodorex fun as it was intended.  People literally begged for fear evolved, and now people are crying because they gave it to us. SMH.

Edited by Caerbannog
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

I've logged on to find a giga in my base. It's the same as dodorex. I know, I've been there to the orig dodorex, as well. I keep most of my stuff podded, GMS restored the rest.

Why play a survival game to sit cosy in your house? How boring.

Should you have to worry about being griefed? No.

Should I worry about being jumped on the street? No. 

Do I know martial arts, just in the off chance it happens? Yeah. Because I like to hope for the best and plan for the worst.  People are going to be people, no matter what the devs do. You do you though. You do you. I plan on enjoying the dodorex fun as it was intended.  People literally begged for fear evolved, and now people are crying because they gave it to us. SMH.

Sitting at house is boring. I have nothing against events and challenges. But when those are used to grief ppl, there is something wrong that needs to be fixed. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...