Community Crunch 202: Mysterious Mysteries ????, Fear Evolved 3, and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

Will the event have any aggressive dinos ?
I'm thinking that maybe the event creatures should be on neutral at worst for PVE servers.

Yes, I know wild creatures killing tames is still technically PVE ?

A few people on my friends server are concerned about the amount of damage that could be done by this event.

On 10/15/2019 at 6:35 AM, monomania said:

if that happens to me its game over for ever for ARK, PVP is one thing PVE another completely. This event is cancer if they do not make sure our bases are safe.

I mean, I've had a giga spawn in my base before. The GM's are awesome and do what they can.

Did it suck? Yeah

Was it awful to wake up to first thing in the morning when I logged in?  Yeah.

Buuuut, this is Player vs Environment.  One should never be too relaxed in a survival game.  If you're not a little afraid of the game, where's the fun?

And before you ask, I lost a lot of event dinos that the GM's are unable to replace do to the limitations of what they can do, so yeah it did really suck a bit, but the community on my server was awesome and gave me babies to replace what I had lost.  The funny thing is ultimately I gained more than I had lost (and that giga was a 140 alphaboosted, with the alpha raptor hidden just outside the doors) and have hilarious memories.

I was here for the first Fear Evolved. It was an amazingly fun time. I hope this is just like it.

Edit: It was the one time I was really sad I'd called passive to the babies when they hatched, as they just stood in place like little appetizers for the giga to gnom gnom on, instead of running in righteous terror. XD

Edited by Caerbannog
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

I mean, I've had a giga spawn in my base before. The GM's are awesome and do what they can.

Did it suck? Yeah

Buuuut, this is Player vs Environment.  One should never be too relaxed in a survival game.  If you're not a little afraid of the game, where's the fun?

And before you ask, I lost a lot of event dinos that the GM's are unable to replace do to the limitations of what they can do, so yeah it did really suck a bit, but the community on my server was awesome and gave me babies to replace what I had lost.  The funny thing is ultimately I gained more than I had lost (and that giga was a 140 alphaboosted, with the alpha raptor hidden just outside the doors) and have hilarious memories.

I was here for the first Fear Evolved. It was an amazingly fun time. I hope this is just like it.

Edit: It was the one time I was really sad I'd called passive to the babies when they hatched, as they just stood in place like little appetizers for the giga to gnom gnom on, instead of running in righteous terror. XD

Except ppl kiting and teleporting stuff to your  base is not player versus environment. Its something worse than pvp.

12 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Did it suck? Yeah

Your completely missing the point, this is not about some elevated form of fear, A dodorex in your base can wipe the entire base, for many that includes thousands of dinos and about 10000+ hours of work... get real.

And with the toxic community in Ark you are guaranteed to see bases get wiped from people pulling stuff in.

Edited by monomania

• Volunteer Moderator
14 hours ago, SmittenHarpy666 said:

So the event is supposed to start tomorrow but they have yet to release a trailer.. why am I sensing a possible delay?

They always release trailers within a few hours before release of something. This is no different than any other event trailer.